Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Is a Site that's Never Been Used Still Good?

len25
Trust:

Is a Site that's Never Been Used Still Good?

Hi

I bought a new domain about six months ago.

I had an idea for a new affiliate site but I got focused on something else so I never did anything to the site except load up Wordpress and then an affiliate marketing theme on top.

I now have more time and would like to start using the site and adding content, but, I'm wondering if because it has never had content put on or been used in six months does anyone know if that is any kind of negative in Googles eyes.

I think I read somewhere before that if a new domain is active and has no content after a few months its penalised in some way ?

I'm probably mistaken I'm sure, but would love to hear if anyone has any thoughts or experience on this.

I could of course just buy a new domain but the one I have is a targeted keyword and perfect for the niche.

Thanks

Lenny
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
I now have more time and would like to start using the site and adding content, but, I'm wondering if because it has never had content put on or been used in six months does anyone know if that is any kind of negative in Googles eyes.

I don't think the sites or domains get penalized in anyway, since there is no activity on the site. A site that posts duplicate content or low-quality content is more likely to get penalized than a site that does not have any content. It probably doesn't have any ranking at this time since it has no content. You can try checking in Google by searching "site: domain.com". If the site comes up, then it's still indexed by Google and you can begin your work on it.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

len25
Trust:
Thanks for your help Cecille, appreciate it, Lenny
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Lenny,

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Jun 15, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.