Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Important: Google Book Deal - what does it mean for us?

paulie69
Trust:

Important: Google Book Deal - what does it mean for us?

Hello everyone!

NOW I'm worried!! I'm not sure if everyone has already heard about the proposed Google Book Deal in which they apparently plan to digitize (and manage) milliions of books.

It's a move that surely must be set to have a negative impact on Clickbank and therefore affiliates. It's easy to take a positive attitude but things are getting harder and harder for us all the time and this surely can't be good for us.

I've been working hard but now kind of feel like giving up :( How can we try to work towards creating a legitimate business out of this when the whole system is made so tenuous and fragile because of our almost total reliance on just one search engine - which basically doesn't seem to like affiliates very much.

If you haven't heard about it check out http://mattsmarketingblog.com/google-book-deal/ to get some background.

What are other members thoughts on this and how it will affect us as affiliates? Mark, what do you think? What are the implications for SEO/PPC? Please reassure us!!

Thanks
Paul.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I think it may help us in some ways, adsense will probalby be on the site, so you get advertising for your ppc campaigns. and will google give themselves a boost on ranking for keywords? I dont think they will but we will have to see. I wrote about it more on my blog, but I think we should just wait and see what happens before jumping to any conclusions.
(broken link removed)
Last edited by ampie g on 26 Jan 10 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

Your Focus Determines Your Reality

paulie69
Trust:
I'm guessing that for affiliates who are not into PPC/Adsense (and who, like me, only plan to use SEO) that maybe, from G's perspective they're concerned they don't earn any cash from us (in contrast to PPC, right?). Perhaps they want that to change - and for all affiliates to use a PPC model rather than SEO. In any event, revenue raising would surely be the bottom line. Just my 2 cents worth - feel free to let me know if you think I'm wrong - I'm still on my affiliate L plates here! ;)

This topic was started on Sep 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.