Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

IM - Full time? Part time? Casual?

colinlim
Trust:

IM - Full time? Part time? Casual?

Just wanting to know who is actually now doing internet marketing on a full time, part time or casual basis?

I'm assuming Mark is doing it full time unless he has has some secret Maccas job he aint tellin us about! ;)

For those full timers, how long did it take you to get a full time income? I guess it depends on each person's situation & responsibilities.

For me, I've got a family & some pretty big mortgages (lucky a couple of my properties are positively geared or I'd be dead especially with the stupid RBA raising interest rates all the time) & car leases to consider... so my plan is probably always going to be that I will do this part time unless I get as good as Mark (therein lies the catch-22, you gotta have the time to make the money in order to get the time!)

Col
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I've been fulltime for a few months now. I did a few hours a day while working fulltime last year which = no life. But it was worth it.

After I got back from my European adventure in November, I decided to never "work" again and I wouldn't have been able to do that without all the work I had put in previously.

It becomes so much easier when you have plenty of time to do all this, but be warned, it's addictive, even though I am full time, I still have no life :)

But I'm cool with that right now hehe.

If you have little time and a lot of responsibilities, it's going to take longer, but just keep at it and eventually you will be making way too much to be "working" :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Another vote for full time :D

Although I don't give away earnings :wink: I may change my mind near the end of the year........ to inspire newcomers!

It's taken me almost a year to get to it since I met Mark............... useless products and searching for 6 years before that.

Perseverance is key.
wak1970
Trust:
Part time, but so far by choice rather than thinking I can't earn enough full time.

I had a developed career in the corporate world when I started online. Had quite a few stops and starts on the way, but now have consistency. For a lot of reasons, some that are social pressures, I've found it hard to consider packing in the day job. Recently though a lot of things have changed and I am getting more and more interested in doing this full time.

Mostly I think about how much more money I could be making if I was doing it full time :D .

There are no real secrets, just common sense and hard work. I tend to steer clear of people who refer to themselves as gurus! Mostly they either never were or their information is old so they're trying to sell it to you.

WAK.
lssolutions
Trust:
I've been fulltime for the past 2 years.

I'm just starting out in adwords, though.

When I first started out I quit my fulltime job and had no alternatives, but to succeed or perish.

I have a mortgage, two children and a wife to support. Talk about pressure!!

But I knew that if others were making money then I could too.

The hard part was finding what worked and what didn't. I guess i was lucky enough to find something that fit my personality and mindset.

It took me about 3 months fulltime of testing failing and testing again before I cracked the code. Then it was just a case of rinsing and repeating.

I think this will be the same for cracking adwords too.

I've made a six figure income for the past 2 years, and am greatful everyday for the flexibility and benefits it gives me & my family.

So I'm just like you...if I can do it...so can you.

I learn new things eveyday from forums and through my own testing. But, there's a point where information just becomes information and where action needs to proceed.

My secret formula has always been learn and then implement.

That's it!

Regards,
Frank
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lssolutions wrote:I've been fulltime for the past 2 years.

I'm just starting out in adwords, though.

When I first started out I quit my fulltime job and had no alternatives, but to succeed or perish.

I have a mortgage, two children and a wife to support. Talk about pressure!!

But I knew that if others were making money then I could too.

The hard part was finding what worked and what didn't. I guess i was lucky enough to find something that fit my personality and mindset.

It took me about 3 months fulltime of testing failing and testing again before I cracked the code. Then it was just a case of rinsing and repeating.

I think this will be the same for cracking adwords too.

I've made a six figure income for the past 2 years, and am greatful everyday for the flexibility and benefits it gives me & my family.

So I'm just like you...if I can do it...so can you.

I learn new things eveyday from forums and through my own testing. But, there's a point where information just becomes information and where action needs to proceed.

My secret formula has always been learn and then implement.

That's it!

Regards,
Frank

SEO or PPC?
lssolutions
Trust:
SEO. :D
joshua
Trust:
I have been full time for a while now! You are in a great place.

it's addictive
No joke, it is not fun but there is something about it. Maybe the money and freedom but I love it ;)
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
joshua wrote:I have been full time for a while now! You are in a great place.

it's addictive
No joke, it is not fun but there is something about it. Maybe the money and freedom but I love it ;)

I find it fun.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
It's definitely fun :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world