Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I would like to anounce my first sale!

PremiumMember
oliver007
Trust:

I would like to anounce my first sale!

Hello everyone,

I just made my first sale today. I know that hearing good news is a great source of motivation for many of us so I thought I should share this.

My site has been up for almost 1 month and 2 weeks now. I have been tracking with Google Analytics for 16 days and I am still getting little traffic, 18 visitors in a day is my current maximum, I average 10 a day and my bounce rate is at 57.5%.
I have just submitted my 5fth AMA article today, I have submitted 5 Ezine Articles, created 3 Squidoo pages,Twittered about them as well as 15 of my web pages.
I have had a total of 134 clicks on my affiliate links in the past 30 days, 112 of them where for my main product that hasn't converted yet. Somehow the product that made a sale is a product that I promote on only 1 page as it is quite specific, it has also received only 3 clicks so far. I haven't tried PPC yet.
My main goal now is to increase traffic as well as sales. This first sale was really important for me as doing a lot of work for so long with no results can really take away a lot of the initial motivation you have when you first start out.

My advice is don't give up and find ways to keep motivated. Reading about the success of other members no matter how small has really inspired me and I hope this will inspire you too.

Good luck to all of you,
Olivier
cashpro2011
Trust:
Awesome Job Oliver!!!

CashPro

[I'm whispering]
(Shhhh...Don't tell anybody. Wanna increase your traffic??? Google "twitter pay per post" or something like that. There you can send out tweets from high traffic sites for your niche. We are testing this now...this is KILLER! Keep this to yourself...ok?)
"In this business you will SELL or be SOLD. Take your pick!"
- CASHPRO

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
The less people know about that Cashpro the better. Think back to how easy Myspace was until people started abusing it. I promise not to tell nobody.

Good job on your success man from what Im reading for the last few success stories the sales come when you least expect it and from pages that you arent really heavily promoting
cashpro2011
Trust:
Avidpoet,

[I'm still whispering]

...Ok!

[Regular voice]
But, seriously, If I dont talk about these things...somebody will! And I would love for Oliver to have the IM Lifestyle and he is on his way!!! Hopefully, he will give back...rrrightttt Oliver???

If you make money in affiliate marketing, you learn to make money and adapt to changes. That is a skill that NOBODY is talking about!

Food for thought...huh?? :)

CashPro

PS Avidpoet - I'm still working on that offline stuff we talk about in another post. I'll keep you posted.

PPS - MySpace is still great for link network building....but that is too advanced for this forum! :)
- CASHPRO

PremiumMember
oliver007
Trust:
Thanks Avidpoet, I was quite surprised to find out that the product that was the least promoted was the one that made the first sale.

Cashpro, thanks a lot for sharing your secret, I promise not to tell anyone and once I have the IM Lifestyle I will most certainly share my success.
traeth
Trust:
Congrats Oliver. Can't wait to join "I made a sale today club"!!
Much Success!!
Tracy

PremiumMember
oliver007
Trust:
I'm sure you will Tracy, just keep following the course and stay motivated.
Don't forget to let us know once you've made your first sale.

Good luck!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Nice work, keep it up ;)

First one is always the hardest, now you're well on your way.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

slvrsrfr
Trust:
well done oliver. it is so encouraging to hear folks getting their first sales. it stokes me onward.

and cashpro, thanks for the tip...your cheque's in the mail ;O)

jason
cashpro2011
Trust:
...slvrsrfr, LOL!

CashPro

PS I'm American...I thought cheque was spelled 'check'! :)
- CASHPRO

sixtos
Trust:
Congrates my friend,
Have a good and funny day.

jasondodd
Trust:
Always good to hear about the successes. I know there are probably a few affiliate marketers who will be reading this and thinking where are all my sales - its definitely tough when youre starting out and its all too quiet on the sales front.

Once you start making those sales you'll forget all that :)

Congrats
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

geoffjackson
Trust:
They say the first sale is the most satisfying.. while I agree with this, don't think the novelty will wear off. Continual cheques in the mail from clickbank doesn't get boring :D
robynm
Trust:
Hi Olivier

Congratulations on your sale, I too was surprised to sell a product that I wasn't promoting as much as others.

Marshallg: Like your one liner, made me laugh

This topic was started on Jun 23, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.