Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I want Users to Sign Up to both my Site and Newsletter

kleinquick
Trust:

I want Users to Sign Up to both my Site and Newsletter

I'm getting like a lot of people signing up to my site. The problem is, they are not signing up to my newsletter.

Anyone know a way I can just have people auto subscribed to my newsletter if they become a member of my site?
Is the affiliate desk catching up to you? Become a healthier you, feel better, and make more money because of it!

~~~ www.eatliferight.com ~~~

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Kevin,

You can try looking at Newsletter Sign Up plugin. This plugins allows you to put in a "sign up to my newsletter" check box on your Comments and Register form.

Another option is to place the membership sign up form on the top of the sidebar, then have a popover that invites users to sign up to your newsletter series. The thing with signing up for newsletters is that they need to confirm they want to sign up as you would be sending them information through email. This option works similarly to how the Affilorama site works: you can sign up to our newsletters, but not be a member of the site and vice versa.

Yet another option is to get rid of the membership. Put any content you have for your members on the newsletters so only users who sign up for your newsletters have access to exclusive content.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Kevin,

You can try looking at Newsletter Sign Up plugin. This plugins allows you to put in a "sign up to my newsletter" check box on your Comments and Register form.

Another option is to place the membership sign up form on the top of the sidebar, then have a popover that invites users to sign up to your newsletter series. The thing with signing up for newsletters is that they need to confirm they want to sign up as you would be sending them information through email. This option works similarly to how the Affilorama site works: you can sign up to our newsletters, but not be a member of the site and vice versa.

Yet another option is to get rid of the membership. Put any content you have for your members on the newsletters so only users who sign up for your newsletters have access to exclusive content.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Jun 25, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.