Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I want to purchase a Clickbank product through my own link

umaarr
Trust:

I want to purchase a Clickbank product through my own link

dear fellows, i want to purchase a clickbank product before i promote it, but can i purchase through my own affiliate link?? i mean does it violate clickbank policy?? as i am newbie have no idea about it. but i know some other affilate networks dont allow you to purchase through your vary own affiliate link.
i ll much appriciate any information and help on that.

regards,
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi,

Yes, you can make a purchase through your affiliate link. However, you need to make 4 more sales to get your discount. Clickbank's accounting policy says that you need to make sales from 5 different credit cards to get your commission. One of the Affilorama forum moderators, Wollowra, posted this as an answer to a similar question:

===============

http://www.clickbank.com/accounting.html#A15

Clickbank's Customer Distribution Requirement

ClickBank will withhold payment of any account balance until the following criteria is met:

* Sales made with 5 or more different credit card numbers; and,
* Sales made with two different payment methods (either Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal). Note: PayPal purchases do not count toward the minimum 5 different credit card numbers.

This requirement is in place to help prevent Affiliates from abusing the ClickBank Affiliate program by using their accounts for the sole purpose of fraudulently collecting rebates and/or discounts on their own purchases.

Once you have met the Customer Distribution Requirement, your account will begin issuing payments normally, in accordance with our Accounting Policy, beginning on the next payment issuing date.

===============

You may read through these threads for more information:

affiliate-hangout/buying-a-product-through-your-own-affiliate-link-t4785.html

affiliate-programs-f30/is-it-wrong-to-buy-my-own-copy-through-my-affiliate-link-t4933.html

Hope this helps :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

umaarr
Trust:
thanks a lot michellarana, you have been very helpful, i appreciate your support.

regards

This topic was started on Sep 09, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.