Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I've got reseller rights - Do I need to be registered?

davmontrose
Trust:

I've got reseller rights - Do I need to be registered?

If i'm selling products that I have complete reseller rights to, do I need some sort of registered business. I'm know I don't as an affiliate but If I'm collecting full profits from resell products is this an issue?

Any advice, Thanx Davin
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hmm, I dont see how its really all that different.

I dont know for sure, but my guess would be that you shouldnt have to worry about it.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
I really don't know either but I'll bet if someone doesn't drop by with an answer here, you can go to the ebay forum (lots of resellers there) to find out :wink:

HTHs,
PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
No. You can file as an individual or sole proprietor.... depending on where you are.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
Hi Davinator

A factor to consider in this is if the product fails to perform, what is your liability as sole distributor. If the manufacturuer carries a warranty, you need to include a caviat emptor notice that directs all claims and onus to the manufacturer.

If the manufacturer is sued and can't pay all the damages you can be dragged in, in which case you need a limited liability company to limit the amout they can claim off you.

It depends on your product and the risk of harm (loss of trade etc) it can cause, the consumer and trade laws of your state and the standing of your supplier.