Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I've got my first (two ) sale !

nhduy_tom
Trust:

I've got my first (two ) sale !

I'm so happy guys.I've made my first two sales last month.

I've started affiliate marketing 4 months ago with my site at [url]OnlineIncomeBulb.com[/url]. I focus on affiliate marketing courses ( at first, I feel a little doubtful because the "make money online" niche is very popular ).

Well, I did all the stuff needed to rank my page on Google, but I'd seen no result, until yesterday.

After checking in ClickBank account ( I haven't done it for a long time ), I found that I've made two sales ( ClickBank didn't inform me about this via emails ! ). I'm so happy.

Honestly, it takes some more time for me to finally kiss goodbye to my daily job and start my career job as indie game designer. But I hope my story will inspire other affiliate marketers.
www.onlineincomebulb.com - Your way to online business, My way to indie game designer's dream

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Celebrate these small successes though, and use them to keep building. Now you need to more closely track what you do so that you know what you did that made the sale.

it is still a great feeling to see sales come in, and its even more powerful ( at least to me) when people start telling you or even better yet, others how you helped them overcome something they were struggling with.

Keep going, and you will see it take off more easily. the IM niche is a tough one to crack consistently. focus on providing value and helping people overcome their struggles, and you will see the sales coming in more consistently. don't focus too heavily on Google search for traffic though. focus on just driving traffic through everything you do, and you will see a natural progression of popularity and rankings.

Keep it up, and congrats on the first 2 sales :)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

nhduy_tom
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:Celebrate these small successes though, and use them to keep building. Now you need to more closely track what you do so that you know what you did that made the sale.

it is still a great feeling to see sales come in, and its even more powerful ( at least to me) when people start telling you or even better yet, others how you helped them overcome something they were struggling with.

Keep going, and you will see it take off more easily. the IM niche is a tough one to crack consistently. focus on providing value and helping people overcome their struggles, and you will see the sales coming in more consistently. don't focus too heavily on Google search for traffic though. focus on just driving traffic through everything you do, and you will see a natural progression of popularity and rankings.

Keep it up, and congrats on the first 2 sales :)

Thank you for your advice jmpruitt ! Really wise advice.

You said it right, I have no idea where my sales came, so I have a little doubt if I can repeat the sale. But thanks to your kind words, now I know I need to track the sale more closely in the future. :)

www.onlineincomebulb.com - Your way to online business, My way to indie game designer's dream

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
that is quite common. I did that myself with the first few sales. The more effort you put into tracking user behaviors the better off you will be at being able to repeat something.

part of that is just a matter of doing a little thinking through it. if you have Google analytics and Cb tracking in place, you can figure out when the sales came in and where you got traffic from that day. by using tracking ID's you can track where sales came from. I generally us separate tracking IDs for review pages, articles and newsletters. some people go as far as separate ones for each page, but thats a lot of work to set up. I can usually tell by my tracking where the sales came from, by analyzing Google Analytics, figguring out which pages got the traffic that day, and then backtracking to see which products sold that day. knowing what pages got you traffic, and what product was offered on that page, then put it together with which tracking ID the sale came through will help define what is and isn't working.

by doing that, I at least know whether it is articles, reviews, or a newsletter that gave me the sale.

So, say I got a sale 2 days ago for XYZ ebook... I look at the tracking ID's for that ebook and see where the sale came from. say that sale came from an article. I can then look at gooogle analytics and see which articles that had that product promoted actually recieved traffic on the day the sale was made.

doing that you can work out which articles are converting to sales.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi nhduy_tom,

Congratulations! You're certainly an inspiration to all of us. :)

Keep in mind what James said about looking at user behavior. It's important to look into Google Analytics and track your sales. Doing so will give you an idea of where your users come from, what pages they look into your site, which pages convert and which don't, etc. There's still much to learn!

Keep us posted! All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
Congrats Tom on making your first two sales. It is a great achievement. Any affiliate marketer would feel great at the first sales. I wish you continue this good show. All the best!
vande_j
Trust:
nhduy_tom wrote:I'm so happy guys.I've made my first two sales last month.

I've started affiliate marketing 4 months ago with my site at [url]OnlineIncomeBulb.com[/url]. I focus on affiliate marketing courses ( at first, I feel a little doubtful because the "make money online" niche is very popular ).

Well, I did all the stuff needed to rank my page on Google, but I'd seen no result, until yesterday.

After checking in ClickBank account ( I haven't done it for a long time ), I found that I've made two sales ( ClickBank didn't inform me about this via emails ! ). I'm so happy.

Honestly, it takes some more time for me to finally kiss goodbye to my daily job and start my career job as indie game designer. But I hope my story will inspire other affiliate marketers.

I am very happy for you! At least I know if I work hard enough I will be able to achieve same results too. Did you find it hard figuring out the key words? Thank you for lettting everyone know about your success. Did you buy into the AffiloJetPack Program?
Sue
vande_j
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:that is quite common. I did that myself with the first few sales. The more effort you put into tracking user behaviors the better off you will be at being able to repeat something.

part of that is just a matter of doing a little thinking through it. if you have Google analytics and Cb tracking in place, you can figure out when the sales came in and where you got traffic from that day. by using tracking ID's you can track where sales came from. I generally us separate tracking IDs for review pages, articles and newsletters. some people go as far as separate ones for each page, but thats a lot of work to set up. I can usually tell by my tracking where the sales came from, by analyzing Google Analytics, figguring out which pages got the traffic that day, and then backtracking to see which products sold that day. knowing what pages got you traffic, and what product was offered on that page, then put it together with which tracking ID the sale came through will help define what is and isn't working.

by doing that, I at least know whether it is articles, reviews, or a newsletter that gave me the sale.

So, say I got a sale 2 days ago for XYZ ebook... I look at the tracking ID's for that ebook and see where the sale came from. say that sale came from an article. I can then look at gooogle analytics and see which articles that had that product promoted actually recieved traffic on the day the sale was made.

doing that you can work out which articles are converting to sales.

Thanks for the good advise on the tracking codes. I will make sure I have them inserted into my website when built. I am new to this and there is so much to remember. It is good to have info like yours to refresh the memory.

Sue.
PremiumMember
contact47
Trust:
Nice work. What are you ranking for in the kw's you are targeting now?
http://www.knowyoursafe.net - SEO competition site.

nhduy_tom
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:Hi nhduy_tom,

Congratulations! You're certainly an inspiration to all of us. :)

Keep in mind what James said about looking at user behavior. It's important to look into Google Analytics and track your sales. Doing so will give you an idea of where your users come from, what pages they look into your site, which pages convert and which don't, etc. There's still much to learn!

Keep us posted! All the best!

Thank you for your kind words. I know the road ahead could be tough, and I need to do some tweaking to get sales more often !

And, sorry for being away so long. About 2 weeks ago I checked in my account and found that one of my customer had decided to ask for a refund. This incident had worried for a while, but I decided to analyze and build more backlinks.
Last edited by nhduy_tom on 01 Aug 13 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marketsearch
Trust:
"See it does work" lol, Hey congratulations. Good job! I assume you got your sales through the SEO traffic? Keep adding the good content and continue the backlinking process.

Also while you do that and are waiting for the serps it might be a good time to learn another straffic strategy. Also, hopefully you have analytics installed and you are tracking things along with progress. One of the most important steps that can determin success or failure to this whole game is the optimizing for the best conversions. Testing, tweaking, testing again and so forth.

My experience with work I do is nothing is a home run the first time out.

You've done it! Never slow down and get better and better. When you fall down and you will, get back up and be stronger. See you at the top
Traffic is the lifeblood of your online business. If you can't get a lot of targeted traffic your DOOMED! All the traffic you can handle below => http://teamroughdog.info

nhduy_tom
Trust:
contact47 wrote:Nice work. What are you ranking for in the kw's you are targeting now?

Uhm, in page 1 for some keywords, and in page ( maybe ) 10 for the rest. I know linkbuilding must be done continuously, but ranking for all of them is just overwhelming. So I had to sit back , and observe again.

Here's the most interesting part about my 2 sale. I made first sale from a keyword in number 2 in serps ( obviously ),But the other sale seemed so impossible to be true because the keyword is so competitive ( the rank at that time is about 80 or so ), but I couldn't track the sale.

Lessons learned : track my aff link. :)

marketsearch
Trust:
I just took a look at your page. Love the header! again, nice work. I wanted to write again because I noticed you do not have a opt in form or any way of collecting names and emails. Have you thought of getting an account say at aweber or someplace?
Traffic is the lifeblood of your online business. If you can't get a lot of targeted traffic your DOOMED! All the traffic you can handle below => http://teamroughdog.info

nhduy_tom
Trust:
marketsearch wrote:I just took a look at your page. Love the header! again, nice work. I wanted to write again because I noticed you do not have a opt in form or any way of collecting names and emails. Have you thought of getting an account say at aweber or someplace?

Yes, I had an optin form with Mailchimp months ago but they suspend my account because of some "only god knows" term violations.

I used all of my savings to create this site and the optin, and after that small incident with Mailchimp :), I have just a few cents left, not enough to install aweber ( Aweber has $1/month trial, but after that the fee will be up to $20 ).

So, I think I should come up with some ways to generate at least $20/month to install aweber to do email marketing, outsource, tweaking, etc.

I tried to do some freelancing job ( so far not have any customers, but keep going :) )

endy daniyanto
Trust:
Hey Nhduy,

Congratulations on the landmark achievement! The first sale is always the hardest, but it's the threshold where what was previously impossible now becomes doable!

Now you need to up your game and transition from doable to sustainable.

Quick comment on your site: too many banners promoting too many products, in my opinion. I suppose you could track which banners convert the most and then just display that, but "banner blindness" is something you want to watch out for.

I would swap the sponsored ad with an eye-catching optin form, since the internet marketing niche relies on building a relationship to really profit from.

And Aweber (or another email autoresponder) is totally worth it. I once made $197 in commissions just by writing a broadcast email (but using an autoresponder to build the relationship first).

Not bad for 20 minutes work!

Cheers,
Songwriter. Affiliate marketer. Casual gamer.

nhduy_tom
Trust:
Thanks a lot ed5

About the "Sponsored Ads" section, it isn't "sponsored ads", I found it on some popular site and think it could be a useful to "mimic" it :) ( The ads are actually my CPA ).

Yes, I totally agree with you about the autoresponder. After the incident with Mailchimp which costs me all of my savings, I need some time to "charge" before continue ( I have one student debt left to pay, :)

aveya marketing
Trust:
Congrats, this is the first day of many positive things. Just remember what you did to get that sale and take it up a level to duplicate the same results.

I learnt the hard way.

All the best
t.pitts1
Trust:
I know this is an old thread but I also got my 1st sales (3 in one day) this week...... only $23 but man do I deserve them :) Unfortunately my Clickbank tracking ID shows 'not set' so I am not sure exactly where they originated from!! But still I'm HAPPY
doublebonus10
Trust:
Most welcome for your first sale. Thanks. Hope good day in future.
Offline Marketing Tips here http://offlinemarketingzone.com

This topic was started on Jul 07, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.