Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I need help. Really.

zijian
Trust:

I need help. Really.

I have been trying this internet marketing thing for over 2 years but I have gotten very little success.

I need a mentor to guide me. I came here because I heard that there was a person, Sean Morrissy, who got mentored here and became successful.

I have been making affiliate sites, at here http://www.curesforyeastinfection.com
And also started a couple of others at http://www.removeacnesecrets.com, http://www.pilestreatmentsecrets.com

I have been trying them, especially at the first curesforyeastinfection, it gets about near to 100 visitors a day and 1 sale every 4 to 5 days. I have tried outsourcing SEO, but it is unsuccessful, giving me only a handful of visitors for the high costs that it is costing me. I have also tried doing SEO myself, but it is very tiring.

I am not sure where I have gone wrong with the sites, and how I can actually get the sites up with thousands of visitors per day and sales coming in.

I really need guidance and heard that this place offers good mentorship and direction, I am willing to give it one last shot to try it.

P.S. My membership date shows much earlier, I'm guessing I signed up before but not sure when or why.
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Hi Zijian,

Sorry to hear you've been struggling for the past two years. Anyway, yeah Sean Morrissy is a pretty cool guy. I've actually met him in person, and yeah Mark Ling (the guy that runs this site) mentored him "back in the day."

You say you get about 100 visitors / day to the yeast infection site? That's a pretty good achievement. That may not be a ton of traffic, but it's more than most people get. Where is your traffic coming from? Search engines?

What is your click through on your affiliate links (traffic to site vs. hop clicks)? What is your affiliate conversion rate (hop clicks per sale)?

A "good" landing page will convert at about 1:100, so if you sent 100 people to Yeast Infection No More, then you should get 1 sale, on average.

How are those Google AdSense ads working out for you? If you're making more money with the affiliate offers, why not get rid of the adsense?

In my opinion, you need more calls-to-action on your site. I see that you've got some ads, but to me, they look too much like banner ads, which people tend to ignore more often. Maybe if you had some text ads and your graphic ads looked a bit more like pictures, it would help your click throughs.

Oh, and I don't think you need the social bookmarking gizmo on the bottom of your pages. That might help in other niches, but I doubt too many people are going to want to share with their friend about their yeast infection.

I think the other two sites look better, but they could use more content. How are you getting traffic to these sites?

Again, though, you've got three sites, and at least one of them is getting pretty decent traffic, so don't beat yourself up too much. You've achieved a lot. In my experience, once you've got the traffic flowing, all you need to do is just polish things up a bit to help conversions. Getting the traffic is the hard part.

Well, I hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

brandi78
Trust:
Im sorry youre having a hard time. I get bored with just a few niches. I like to try MANY to see what makes money the fastest. If you have three sites and you are not testing niches, this could be your problem.
Get Free Niche Keywords for eBay, Amazon, CJ, Adsense http://daily-niches.com
Website Affiliate Software Builder By Me: http://pronichestore.com

networxnz
Trust:
Hi there - I kinda disagree with brandi here - I've got around 40 websites running at present and none of them making any real money :-( in a whole bunch of different niches - one of the very real problems in IM is it is so easy to start another business / another website - you can all too soon loose your focus. Just prior to xmas I was trying to do no less than 14 different projects - ridiculous!

Zijian - I feel your pain bro as I'm in a very similar position, coincidentally I have sites in two of the three niches you mention above however one of the things i'm doing at present is looking to partner with a copywriter to build a new sales page for my yeast site - I'm getting over 500 visits per day and still only making a few sales per week. So what I'm doing this year is picking on only a few projects at a time and then focus my attention on getting those things profitable.

I agree about the SEO piece though - it takes a lot of time and can be very laborious so I've grabbed the bull by the horns there and one of my projects I am focusing on is building a referral program for SEO packages to allow IM'ers and web design firms etc to outsource their SEO activity and in doing so generate additional revenue for themselves and their customers.

Once I get that operational and just one of my affiliate sites fully profitable, only then will I begin building out into different niches.

Haven't hung out here for a time but will be back on a regular basis for a while now so please feel free to PM me, happy to compare notes anytime!

Cheers

Darren
Web-SEO Services - Helping Business Succeed Online With Successful SEO Strategies
http://networxnz.com/Web-SEO.php

brandi78
Trust:
You can have one site, that tests different niches. You do not have to build a new site for every single niche keyword. This is what I mean by trying Many different niches......

brandi78
Trust:
You can msg me and I will chat with you on google chat if you want....I like to help

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Including a sales page on your site is not necessarily bad but it shouldn't be the first page that site visitors come upon when visiting your website. This usually results to visitors losing interest and leaving your website very quickly. It is best to first build rapport and trust with your site visitors by providing high quality, helpful content.

Have you considered having a welcome page as your homepage? You can introduce yourself and the reasons for creating your site on this page. It would be an excellent way to develop a relationship with your readers so that they will trust your opinion and be more receptive to your offers.

You need to work on getting more articles onto your site. This is an essential component in making your site trustworthy to both visitors and search engines. This will show that you are knowledgeable about your niche and that your topics are well covered. It would be good to have at least 20 high quality articles up on your site.

You also need to optimize your pages. Build your keyword list and use one keyword per page. Make sure that you have your keywords in all of the following: meta description, meta keywords, title tags, H1 tags and within the first 50 words of your article. An optimized page would get a rating of “A” in Traffic Travis. Use long tail keywords (3 words or more) and choose keywords that will target potential buyers which would include product names, crisis keywords (stop, repair, fix, crisis, save, prevent, or rescue) and how to keywords (how to, learn, lessons, tips, DIY, make, or build). Think of somebody who would be interested in buying your products and the problems they are having. What would they type in the search engines? Use those as your keywords.

You might also want to read this article to get tips on improving your sales page: Detecting a sales page that will convert: 5 essential questions to ask yourself
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

zijian
Trust:
Really thanks for the reply brandi78, networxnz, cterao and michellerana.

I'm guessing that I really require a LOT of changes. Especially even for getting a working sales copy up. And I am considering to get affilojetpack to cut through all the changes and get working sites up.

I have never put my money into a product worth more than $97, except for SEO which I spent $187 per month. I'm not sure, but I am willing to give this one more try before I close it and say that it's impossible.

But I'm guessing that the SEO here is going to be tremendous for the sites? Am I right or wrong? Could anyone give me a rough gauge of the amount of SEO work that is going to get the sites ranked and pulling people into the list and how long I would be doing SEO for? How complicated is the SEO? Is there a working guide to the SEO work that is needed? Is it possible to outsource the SEO work?

What about keyword research for the site? Is there a good guide to getting good keywords?

Sorry for the amount of questions but I really want to get everything up and running asap within months if possibly weeks. I'm definitely not liking this failing streak.....
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi zijian.
First of all, I am sorry for your struggles. One thing I would recommend is that you make a mindset shift. Failure only happens when you quit, which you haven't done yet. You simply have some data on what doesn't work, that is called learning, which we all have to do. I also recommend that you check out this post I made on the Affilorama Blog (thanks to the staff for sharing it on the main blog) http://www.affilorama.com/blog/the-bigg ... ne-success

There are a lot of great programs that will teach you how to do the things you are asking. The Affiloblueprint and affililojetpack will teach you how to pick keywords, do the seo, develop content, etc....

You really won't get that kind of training in a $97 product.

SEO is something that can take time. It is worth it in the long run, but there are other ways to get traffic as well such as social networking sites and forum marketing (my favorite) where you connect directly with potential customers.

SEO really is all dependant on the keywords. Every keyword will be different based on how much competition they have. Mark's training programs teach a really simple method to pick up easy to rank for keywords, and he shows how to get them ranking.

Affiloblueprint teaches you how to get good content, which is central to SEO working.

As far as how long it will take, again it all depends on competition. Some keywords you can get ranking for within a few weeks and others can take months to rank for but convert better to sales once you get them. I usually try to balance them out and do some of both for quick traffic and long term sustainability.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

kakaboo
Trust:
There are a lot of great programs that will teach you how to do the things you are asking. The Affiloblueprint and affililojetpack will teach you how to pick keywords, do the seo, develop content, etc....

You really won't get that kind of training in a $97 product.

I don't really agree with that... although I don't own AB I would say that most of the website building training in AJP can actually be found for free everywhere. If you are a complete newbie it would help tremendously and cut through all the crap, but if you are already experienced you would probably know most of the stuff taught in there already.

@zijian

The best thing about AJP is the newsletters, the AB theme and that you get to see Mark build his own site from scratch, articles wise not that good really since you have to rewrite them or create yourself anyway... and also your sites are all not related to the niches in AJP at all..

If you are thinking a course will help you solve all your problems overnight.. sorry to say that it won't!

p.s i'm not saying ajp/ab are not good courses, they are good but it's just my honest opinion
zijian
Trust:
Hi kakaboo,

I realise that I need to get trained in copywriting, niche knowledge and etc to get fantastic articles out. I'm really looking for a way to get those cheap and available so that I can jumpstart and start earning before I hire and re-make the same type of sites.

I'm trying to see if affilojetpack is the way by which I can get a really good site up with newsletters that I don't have to worry about whether it converts or not. Then followed by SEO work which is manageable and gets results. This way, I can start seeing some real results instead of just trying SEO here and there but getting barely 1000 visitors to my site. I have tried hammering SEO heavily for my sites, like doing 30 articles or 100 articles, but it hasn't gotten me any results in visitors.

I want to know if the SEO work in affilojetpack does get results. It would help me tremendously to get some form of income doing this.

Thanks for any answers to the questions I have.........
kakaboo
Trust:
Yes of course the SEO training in AJP gets results, there are already a lot of people having their webpages on the first page of Google for certain results they are looking for.. but its probably the same old things if you are experienced.. I mean, theres only a few places where you can get links if you really think about it (profile links, blog comments, blog networks, web 2.0s, guest post on other blogs, article directories, .edu.gov links etc etc..). There is really no big secret to SEO except hard tedious monotonous work especially if you dont want to spend money on software/services/outsourcing... AND of course.. months of waiting

Of course, there are also more advanced stuff regarding SEO such as link wheels, link pyramids, acquiring high PR domains to build your own link network and so on, but these are not covered in AJP and theres probably no need to anyway

Instead of asking so many questions, I think it would be best if you just buy AJP/AB and see for yourself whether it is something you think you would need or like to have, if not you can always refund it afterwards... its really pointless to ask so many questions because only you yourself really know what you want and what you think you really need and your own level of experience..

p.s again I just want to stress that I am not discrediting AB/AJP in any way.. I bought AJP myself and happy with it but I bought it mainly for the newsletters and the AB wordpress theme.. it is still a great course for beginners who dont want to spend their time getting information overloaded and trying to figure out things by themselves

edit: i just ran one of your site in seo spyglass and it returned a decent amount of backlinks.. so I would say that you already have some experience in that area already...
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
Mark's main secret that catapulted him to success was his willingness to divert his profits from a site to employ virtual assistants to complete the tasks he did not want to perform. SEO work is a continuous on-going effort.

I would recommend that you look into hiring virtual assistants. Your active site indicates you know how to build a website therefore acquiring a VA should allow you to do greater productive activities than the boring mundane efforts of daily SEO.

I have found that I can create on-screen procedural instruction videos using Camtasia that make distant training relatively easy. This provides the VA with initial training as well as an ability to refer back to the training video when procedural problems occur.

In this way the boring tasks are taken over by others. You can now manage testing new ideas.

Margene Smith

This topic was started on Jan 17, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.