Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I Need Help in Affiliate Marketing

mamagy
Trust:

I Need Help in Affiliate Marketing

At first, sorry about pointless topic headline- but I'm desperate enough and say things as they are right now.
Let me tell my story- I try to make quick.

3 years back, January 2010. I just lost job, close to broke and searched something to earn living with. That's the time I found out about Affiliate Marketing. That blew my mind, financial freedom and free-time job from home are things I have always dreamed about. As I am very fond and interested everything about computers, I was eager to get started.

I spent almost two weeks straight behind computer, searching basic know-how. Things seemed pretty logical to me and I tried to make my first project. I even don't remember anymore, what was it, but I failed. I made one or two sales, but nothing what would have lasted.

Me and my wife- we were actually broke in couple of months, and I found an daily job finally. It was physically hard and I had no time and energy to continue with my Online projects. Months passed by...

Dec. 2010. I lost my job once again, sh*tty economy as it was then. I wasn't forgotten Internet Marketing for a second, dream about 1K$ income monthly kept me going and trying to reach the goal of quitting dayjob for good. Never happened, though. Now I had time again, but no money to invest for anything. Oh well, I took a goal to make it work from scratch. Somehow, every project I started, somehow bumped into a wall in a way or another. Couple products I promoted, turned out to be a scam, with what I got banned from Google couple times (reasonable arguments and polite conversations got my accounts back open- However I feel that they are penalized somehow since then), some I bumped my head against the traffic problem yet again.

March 2011, I had to find work again, since money was almost out for living. We had moved couple times here and there, to find cheaper apartments for rent. I met a guy, with who I decided to found a company. I got a 3000€ loan and got things started. In a month I learned hard way that it was wrong decision- my "partner" took off with most of the money and left me no-working company and bunch of loans. Which left there and are there as today. I started working in forestry, since I like nature and I'm naturally good in this area. One and a half year of it has ruined my back, however. This was one of the best times, though, we lived in a "resort city" in meaning of our country at least- had a nice apartment with nice seaview and enough money to live off nicely.

Jul-Sept 2012 I stumbled upon several bad employers and basically lost most of my savings. I worked hard, but it earned me just a little more than I spent. I got couple jobs from Elance, which really helped me back in a time, but it was hard to find a job there- it wasn't too reliable. Furthermore- I started to think that why I spend time writing to others- I could invest that time to my own site.

Nov 2012, we had to move, back to my wife's parents. I worked a month in a forest again, employer paid fine enough, but somehow disappeared in one point. No response of calls or anything. This happens time by time. So, Now I'm trying to make things work online again...

I do have AffiloBlueprint 2.0 and 3.0, I must say that I didn't buy them personally.. I got a friend, who really wanted them, but had not enough money. So, we spared some, and he bought it and we split the cost. I got the lessons too that way. He has quit this thing now, moved out of country, works I-don't-know-where... Anyways. I have worked it all through, but I feel that I'm still missing something...
I find a product, make a good research and everything.. I write content and optimize it, try to promote through social media like squidoo and others, make forum, blog posts and comments, but I never get enough traffic to convert sales...
Now, I have literally not a single cent for hosting or domain left... and now it's this point I ask for help.

No, I don't want to loan money or something... Thing is, that I have tried to make things work on free hosting. Is it possible at all? I don't expect really anything stunning out of it, but is it possible at all to earn some money, e.g. for hosting and domain for one year with free hosting? A "small project" or something like that? Or is free domain name close to impossible to rank naturally and get some traffic?

As I see it, I would need some tutoring. I want to follow ABP3 from beginning to the end once again and do things right again. But I don't know where I have gone wrong. I want to ask a humble question- is here anyone who can spend some hours weekly for me as I go through ABP and monitor my progress and say couple words about it here and there? I can't pay for it, I want to be clear... but I am more than happy to give this person a certain percent, like 25-50 of my earnings in 6 months, starting from my first earned dollar.

Just that I have so many things in my mind that I need a person who can guide me a little bit. I know, internet marketing is a hard work and lots of concentration, I don't expect easy money, just to be clear. But I want this to be my future work and I am ready to put most of my time and effort in this if I know that I'm going in right direction. Please, someone... I really need this now...

Sincerely,
Mait.
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi Mait,

I am really sorry to hear about what you have to go through. But then again, I must say that you are still positive despite the things that happened and that is a big step already :)

As for the free hosting, yes you may look into several sites that offer free hosting for your affiliate marketing business. You may take a look at this reference sites here:

http://www.prchecker.info/web-hosting/t ... ing-sites/
http://woork.blogspot.com/2008/12/5-awe ... vices.html

As for someone who can offer you consulting services for Affiloblueprint, personally I would not suggest you do that. You may start reviewing the videos again and then always ask Support for help after- http://www.affilorama.com/support

We are here to help members understand the lessons in Affilorama. I suggest in every video/step you list down all your questions and we shall try to answer them and assist you. You may also go in this Forum to ask other members.

I would advise that you stick to free stuff first and then work your way to spending a little once you are gaining income. :)

I hope that helps.

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! http://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: http://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: http://www.affilorama.com/facebook

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

tankctrlr
Trust:
(Darn it, Mary ruined my reply by giving great advice) Oh well this my still help lol.

This is one of the reasons I can't wait to become a wealthy person, so I can easily help out who ever needs it.

Unfortunately most of us, including me, have budgets to stay within each day/month/year, and these budgets are not just for cash either but also for time.

I didn't purchase AFP, I am doing something else that's more focused on paid marketing, so I don't know exactly whats involved with AFP, doesn't it come with forum access though? A special forum specifically for members? This could be your answer to receiving help. Also affordable hosting these days is pretty cheap, something like $6 a month.

With that said, If you can't afford a domain and hosting how are you going to create content? The reason I ask is I have a few sites that have been dormant for a while, and I don't have the time to build a content site at this time (more focused on our membership site, 3,000+ members), but I don't want to just delete them either, so if I gave you access to one of them maybe as an 'Author', would that help any? You would have to create content, and get traffic to it. (And I may have to check up on them before you say yes to remove any cob webs and dust from them, who knows what's going on over there lol what's funny is that a couple still bring in $ from adsense, my crazy luck/blessing.)

Let me know if this experiment will help you out.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Mait,

I'm sorry to hear that. Affiliate marketing is tough, just like any other business. It can be frustrating, and downright disappointing at times. I remember watching Mark's Millionaire Mindset video and in it he said we are always faced with challenges. What's important is what we do to go above and beyond these challenges.

You can do affiliate marketing without a website. It's still best to have a site, but you can do this for now. Affiliate marketing can teach you a lot of new skills, or improve on what you already have like your writing skills, or web design. These skills are sought after online. There site owners looking for writers, web designers, etc. You can join sites like oDesk and eLance and ofer writing for a fee.

Hope that helps and All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

mamagy
Trust:
Thanks for inspiring replies :)
I'm really in one of those lowspots in my life right now, but yesterday I went and saw my doc and she wrote me couple recipes, I'm feeling a little better now.

In last couple days I went through most of the information in my hard drive and reached out in some forums, mostly affilorama, but some like warriorforums as well. I read a post where AffiloRama guys give a '13 year promises, and that made me smile a little :)

Now, I scratched out couple €cents and managed to buy a domain. It's only .info, but still- better than some ro.freebijeebie.biz.myname.stuff... I combined this with Byethost free hosting, I have used them previously and it should do right now.

I rethought my niche- I quit "Earn money online" topics- I can't sound credible right now- (O' rly?) ;D
I digged into Clickbank, my search criterias were Gravity 10-50 and commission.. I dont remember exactly, but I guess that I did put it 17$ and above per sale. So, I chose a product in self-help, in relationships niche. I also chose a product that has an affiliate tools page- I always get some good ideas from there.
No keywords in CB search, just criterias and enter. So, I had no prejudice of any topics.

Now, I have made some keyword research and chose out 8 long-tail keywords (btw 3-7 words)for the start. According to Google Adwords keyword tool, all of them have low-medium competition, (damn- I just discovered that I lost the chart I created with the data about these keywords...)
*Quick Google'ing*
ok, back in track- now- 3 keywords have search volume well over 10K locally in US, another three anywhere between 4000 and 8000 and two below 2000. One is product-specific and second I decided to give it a try- a little feeling, common sense, I don't know. But OK..

What I'm planning to do:
As soon as my domain and hosting providers get acquainted enough, I can start building up Wordpress. I try to choose a theme and plugins that lets me edit and tweak the site enough close as AffiloTheme lets. I know the capabilities of it, however I haven't had the chance to use it...

Since then I try and start writing. This is the answer for the content question above- I must create all content by myself. Maybe, when my wife will start understanding the principles of affiliate marketing, she could help me, because she is good in writing and English, but in here she should hold back her poetry and fictional style. She's good in poetry, but I haven't found the way to use it in Affiliate marketing :D

When a basic site is up and functional, comes the hardest part- promotion for real and targeted traffic. This has been my Achilles heel really.

I am still gathering ideas for a newsletter, I have found some service providers that I can use to build up a basic FREE automatic mailing responder similar to Aweber. They have a little "shaved" usability for free members, but again- enough for at least 250-500 first visitors who decide to join a mailing list. That's a big goal for me by itself.

As I see it, I have pretty good knowledge about what I must do- somehow things doesn't work out like this though.. This time I try to do everything like I did this back in 2,5 years- like I have no knowledge yet. This way I can be sure to double-check everything and ask right away when I feel a little wrong about something. Just step-by-step. I have a domain for a year, free hosting and a will. So further 350 days I don't have to worry nothing more about than just building the site.

Now, again- thank you for your responses, I really appreciate it. I was almost hopeless when there was no answers for a couple days after the post. But now I feel that I can give a promises for 2013 too :) Not out loud yet, but... ;)
mamagy
Trust:
Like usual, when I read all text through one more time I find more things to answer :)

Thanks, Mary-the first link of yours, I found byethost. I had already forgotten it, though it was good enough for hosting provider.

Now, Thank you Tank, for such an offer, I really appreciate it , but I have had a certain goal for years now, and I must complete it. Simply said, I want to create my own project what starts earning me some money in Affiliate marketing, so I can follow these steps again and multiply it. This has been my goal from the very start of my story and I want to prove that I can do it. For me, my wife, relatives.. and all other people who will read it one day. I got even a pencil, I make my notes with. On this pencil, there's written "Write your own success story"
I really want to do this.

And Cecille, I really hoped that you show up in my topic, I have read a lot in this forum and you are always helping someone in trouble :)

Plus, I came up with first question:
Article Directories- what's up with them. Are they yet useful in affiliate marketing? I have heard some rumors about them not being so useful anymore with getting links and traffic? Do I understand right, that I get a benefit from adding an article to e.g. Ezinearticles only when someone else uses this article in his/her site with my bio or will simply adding my article to EZA with link in my bio gives me a backlink? Also, I found out that the Pagerank of article directory doesn't mean much, since our articles doesn't go up into the main page of article directory, our articles may still be just pagerank 0, even if directory itself is high, let's say PR5 or higher. Although, Mark says in ABP that pagerank isn't that important anyways, and I agree with that, I wanted some ideas, how to use article directories at best? I have some good experience with a site like Triond.com, articles there gave me some direct traffic to my site, a dofollow backlink, plus- I earn some bucks out from Triond as well. What to think about that, which one would benefit me better, article directory like Ezinearticles or like Triond (idk, if it can be qualified as article directory at all).

Mait
tankctrlr
Trust:
Hey Mait,

Glad to hear you got things going again, getting any model to work starts with mindset, and it seems like you are on the right path with that.

My opinion on article marketing, which comes from me annoying our resident SEO gal with a bunch of questions every week, is that traditional article marketing (when you put an article on an article directory like ezinearticles), is not very effective anymore, ever since that 'Google farmer' update it has gone down hill. From what I understand, it is because your content is going on a directory rather than a relevant site, ezinearticles what is it? Is it a health site not really, is it a pets site not really, it's a directory of articles.

Then there came web 2.0 sites, which is what Triond looks like to me just from a quick look, these kinds of sites are I think much better for placing content on than article directories.

Then there's Guest Blogging/posting/writing, or whatever they want to call it now, this is I think the current tac that SEOs are using, writers are using it also to build authority, but from a SEO standpoint it's perfect, you place, say a dog training article on a dog training site, that has your dog training anchor text backlink pointing to YOUR dog training site, what more could a search engine want, remember Google's #1 goal when indexing and ranking sites is relevancy.

Putting your dog training article in the pets 'Section' of an article directory, isn't as powerful as putting it on a site that is totally relevant.

p.s. Has your wife thought about selling (first giving away then selling, to build an audience) her poetry via a Kindle e-book placed on Amazon? Might want to look into that, Kindle Books is exploding right now, she may even make more sales than you lol.

mamagy
Trust:
Awhh, my meds help me feel a lot better, but a lot lazier and dizzier in same time.. I noticed that my domain/hosting mix is now functional, did install Wordpress and now digging through some themes what should give me at least some freedom in design and tweaking.
I keep repeating myself that "this is the only way to get my life better, so start writing content!"
Should do soon.

I have given Triond and similar sites like Helium and others a good thought and I think that building up a nice linkwheel using them and squidoo should give a nice effect to site. I like Triond, because good written articles get OK amount visitors, mostly dofollow backlinks and good topic ranges. And if article is published, usually within 10hrs, I can always change the site this is placed. So, if I'm not happy with the relevance of site, I can request to change this. I tried it and this works well.

But anyways, I'm not thinking much about this right now, I have to start producing some words... some thousands of them actually :D
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi Mait,

Article Directories- what's up with them. Are they yet useful in affiliate marketing? I have heard some rumors about them not being so useful anymore with getting links and traffic?

If you want to just get quick backlinks, article directories are a good way to start since most of these sites approve content fast. So I guess, they are still useful when it comes to getting backlinks.

Do I understand right, that I get a benefit from adding an article to e.g. Ezinearticles only when someone else uses this article in his/her site with my bio or will simply adding my article to EZA with link in my bio gives me a backlink?

Well using your content in ezine plus using your resource box too will surely help increase the popularity of your Ezine content/page and at the same time, there will be a higher chance of getting direct clicks from these links.

But, if you have really good content in Ezine, even if your article is not used in other sites, you may still get direct visits from Ezine site.

Also, I found out that the Pagerank of article directory doesn't mean much, since our articles doesn't go up into the main page of article directory, our articles may still be just pagerank 0, even if directory itself is high, let's say PR5 or higher. Although, Mark says in ABP that pagerank isn't that important anyways, and I agree with that, I wanted some ideas, how to use article directories at best? I have some good experience with a site like Triond.com, articles there gave me some direct traffic to my site, a dofollow backlink, plus- I earn some bucks out from Triond as well. What to think about that, which one would benefit me better, article directory like Ezinearticles or like Triond (idk, if it can be qualified as article directory at all).

I suggest you use as many (related and high quality) article site as much as possible. :) You're right, it does not really matter how high the site's PR is. What matters is getting your content out there. Make sure the content you post is unique and high quality. Also, when doing backlinks to these article sites, make sure that you make everything look natural :) Like for example, You may use less popular, low ranking article sites as backlinks to your Ezine or Triond account. This way, not all backlinks go to your money site and it will look all natural to Google :)

I hope that helps!

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! http://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

mamagy
Trust:
Thanks Mary! That cleared this thing for me :)
When it comes to building backlinks, I'm sure trying to split-test these two ways- "pure-breed" article directories and try to find some other 2.0-like article sites. After all, diversity of link types doesn't hurt.

What makes thing harder for me, is that I chose a niche I have to do good research to write something. And then more research to make this something good. At least I got three free reports from vendor, gonna read them through and pick out some ideas.

My personal life is complicated right now, that really bothers my concentration.. But every answer I get here helps me push forward, so thank you all.

Mait.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Mait,

After all, diversity of link types doesn't hurt.
- This is true, so focus on building as many links to your site using all available methods, if possible. As for the niche, I hope it's a niche that you're interested in because that takes the boredom out of the research. We tend to enjoy spending time reading about subjects/ topics we like. Makes research and writing about the subject less tiresome.

My personal life is complicated right now, that really bothers my concentration.
- I know how this feels, truly. It can get to you, and what I did is to post a note next to my computer reminding me to stay positive, to think positive. It's difficult, especially when things around you are just too much, but it'll help. And things will get better. :)

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

mamagy
Trust:
Yes, I chose a niche about relationships. Main target audience is women, but still- research is enjoyable enough to keep it interesting. Just finished reading through one free report and wrote down many good ideas to start expending.
Now I need to get some coffee.. Probably turns me a coffoholic, but what are you gonna do...
Thanks cecille.
andrewji
Trust:
If you are missing money i highly recommend you start with low gravity products at Clickbank first (within 20-40)... Do some research and don't go for "nonsense" products.. Check out if theres potential to promote this product..

A Product that i am promoting actually had a gravity of 16 when i started out.. I never thought that this one could make an good additional amount of money per month.. I am the proof that it does.. I suggest that you don't go under a gravity of 10 because chances are the product doesn't sell well..

Those Products are, most times, within Niches (Sub-Niches) that are not that much competitiv and there should be lots of easy and rel. easy keywords to target....

It's possible to rank high for these keywords within 1 to 2 months of consistent backlinking and deeplinking efforts..

It's important to stay focused and don't jump into the big niches at the beginning, especially if you could need the additional money to outsource work... I came from the same place... When you begin to see the $$ flowing, things become much more easier and the process is much more faster.

At the moment i am also grassing money from the low-competition sub-niches in order to support my big projects... :)

Oppertunitys are endless from then on.. Visualize building up a second Website with the profit and double or triple the income.. Sounds great
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi Mait,

When it comes to building backlinks, I'm sure trying to split-test these two ways- "pure-breed" article directories and try to find some other 2.0-like article sites. After all, diversity of link types doesn't hurt.

That's right! Diversifying your links is one way to do natural backlinking. :) Try to also do guest posting :)

What makes thing harder for me, is that I chose a niche I have to do good research to write something. And then more research to make this something good. At least I got three free reports from vendor, gonna read them through and pick out some ideas.

You may also find related articles on Hubpages, Ezine, or Suiddo. This will provide you with tons of ideas and information about your niche. Just make sure to still produce original content.

My personal life is complicated right now, that really bothers my concentration.. But every answer I get here helps me push forward, so thank you all.

Just so you know you're not alone. :) I am sure that we all have different problems to deal with every day and hey, it comes and goes, right? Just always look at the bright side of things. This will help you find the right mood to work :)

Mary

queenmaa
Trust:
Hello Mait,

I understand about having financial issues as I am overcoming some too. I am in some debt right now. So, I don't have the money to shell out for hosting of a site. However, I am using a free site. I have used Blogger and Weebly both in the past. However, it didn't work out with them as I had both of my blogs shutdown with them. I have since restarted. I moved my weebly blog over to blinkweb. However, I felt blinkweb was more for the beginner user and they didn't have many features. Also, some of my blog post were not showing up. You can read my blog post called,"Don't Let Money Problems Stop You From Blogging". Just go to my blog Money To Be Made in my signature once you go there just type in the blog post title in the search on my site and the blog post will come up.

Don't give up. I found a new blog/site platform that I really like and as soon as things permit I will be upgrading and getting a domain name. Also, I use only free advertising. It's work but it does work. Don't get discouraged or give up.
mamagy
Trust:
Hi guys.

I hate whining, but I'm going down like a water whirlwind in a toilet pot. Things just doesn't add up. I got a perfect daily job that would have helped me to pay off my loans and still I would have had enough time to do things around here. Some j**k-a** busta messed it up for 3 of my workmates and for me too. I'm depressed as hell...

A friend's mother invited me to the meeting in the other night... She said that it was gonna be a little project from what we all could had some benefit. A married couple did tell us a nice story and finally it turned out to be AmWay+ Network21 presentation. Fine, I was glad to go there anyways, because I had some serious misunderstandings about them what this talking guy explained pretty well. I think about giving it a shot as consumer, probably not going to start my business over there though.

Still, I heard repeatedly a term "financial freedom" in this short 60 minutes of speech. That made me thinking again. For a second, I even thought that "Hell, let's do that sh**." At the moment I walked out of that door, I shook myself and decided that no- I want to make my own earnings, working at home. Not driving around all over my country and visiting ppl I don't exactly know and trying to sell something. I liked the idea though- I hadn't sell the products, I had to sell the idea, the information, the opportunity. Anyways, no.

Since I moved again and haven't had Internet in my home for two months now, I basically have to start all over again... Idea.. it's like a virus, and good that it is, otherwise I had forgotten it :D

I should be telling that story to some doctor, but people here seem to understand me way better...
Gonna stop in a shop now, buy some treats for myself, ice cream or stuff and start breaking my office chair again :D
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi mamagy,

Several years ago I made the decision to quit my day job and start working from home. At the time I just wanted to try it. The pull of going back to working in the office was too strong, and I did get back to working a regular dayjob. The pay was really good but I was torn. I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, but I had to earn a lot to make ends meet. That's when I made the conscious decision to work from home. That made the difference, because when I made that decision on a conscious level, and said to myself I will work from home and be with my kids no matter what, everything fell into place. It was difficult, and there were times when I wanted to quit, but I kept at it. I knew what I truly wanted.

People are going to tell you all sorts of things, and you will encounter all sorts of difficulty, but if you have made up your mind on what you want to accomplish, then nothing and no one will stop you.

Never give up!

All the best!
Cecille

adficientppcmgt
Trust:
I don't have anything to contribute to you guys as I am also new with this topic. I just want to thank you all for sharing your ideas, I learned from it.
kleinquick
Trust:
hey mamagy i'm new to affiliate marketing as well, and i'm right there with you! I really don't have a lot of funds to dish out so right now its hard. It's inspiring to see you're still trying to make an effort to succeed. It's my personal goal to succeed some day with affiliate marketing.

I can't believe all things you been through and you're still trying to go strong. It makes my problems look weak and pathetic lol. I personally been slacking here just cause the day to day grind out wears me down at times. When that happens i need a good bit of downtime. I'm seriously still determined to accomplish my goal in being a successful affiliate marketer
Is the affiliate desk catching up to you? Become a healthier you, feel better, and make more money because of it!

~~~ www.eatliferight.com ~~~

paulwardassoc
Trust:
Hey,

I think we all have or have had problems with little or no money. Which is why affiliate marketing is attractive - don't need product, website and so on.

I also note the comments about writing articles.

However, here's an idea. Why not write articles for money? OK, not much money, but it builds up. If you go to somewhere like iWriter (www.iwriter.com) I happen to know that they are looking for writers at the moment. It's run by a guy called Jason Fladlein who started out doing the same thing.

They only pay about $2.75 for a 500 word article, but they have some guys earning up to $18 an hour! Depends how fast you can churn them out, of course.

I also came across something the other day which might help: http://7minutearticle.com/. Basically teaches you how to write articles really fast. It does cost $39.95, so maybe start off writing at your own speed and then invest in that later.

Bottom line, you can earn some money for nothing other than your time which will give you the seed money to do what you want to do.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
However, here's an idea. Why not write articles for money? OK, not much money, but it builds up. If you go to somewhere like iWriter (www.iwriter.com) I happen to know that they are looking for writers at the moment. It's run by a guy called Jason Fladlein who started out doing the same thing.

Two thumbs up! Thanks for sharing this Paul. :)

I know some members are supplementing their income through freelance writing, and it's not such a bad thing. If you have a skill, like writing, you can write for someone for a fee. If you know your way around web design, then design a site for someone on the side. At the very least, you get an income which you can put into your site or cover your expenses.

Another plus is the skill you have is polished each time you use it. The more you write, the better you get at it. So when it's time to focus on your site, you can churn out the content all on your own and save money from having someone to do it. Or you can quit affiliate marketing and become a full-time writer. Or be both. :)

Have a good weekend!
Cecille

mamagy
Trust:
Well, I have been around in Elance and I do get some smaller jobs every once in a while. Unfortunately, I am not SO good that I'd get job there whenever I want. I know, what I'm doing, of course, but writing above average good article takes some time for me, so I decided that I shouldn't use my time to others, but write articles to myself now and then when I have time. At one point I have enough articles to put together nice site. I'm working on it and it goes on :) Slowly, but steadily- I take it as a long-term investment.

I got my things sorted out with my boss, I'm back in work now, so I should overcome most urgent financial issues in a month, so- less stress. An IT-tehnician just left, I got cable I-net back, so I can hang around more freely.

Summer's close, mood's getting better, so I guess things are going uphill again. I just have to stick to one thing and to it until it's finished, not jump from one thing to another.
I caught cold however.. Bad luck, I'm feeling pretty funny now.. Hopefully it doesn't last too long.
mamagy
Trust:
Hi everybody. Long time, no see.
Things were going downhill pretty fast for some time for me. Read my last post here and smiled a little. Nothing have gone as I thought :D

Anyways, I pulled myself together once again and returned my roots, money making niche. Since I had some written materials ready to publish, it was a little easier start. I made almost a week long of keyword research and I'm still not happy with my selected keywords, but I'll give my best.

I found a nice cheap hosting with domain, trying to keep it this time. Once again I'm trying to build my site according AffiloBP and this time things are going pretty nicely. Slowly, but steadily. I anger sometimes because of some rows of php code I'm looking and cannot get it right, but that's OK, so far everything has worked out as I wanted.

When I uploaded my articles, I had trouble right away- I couldn't figure out, how to design my site. I searched some other affiliate sites and every one of them seemed so.. great! :D Mine, however seemed so dry and empty. Today I'm working on adding media and tweaking SEO and pages are slowly taking shape, still lots of work to fill empty spaces with opt-in form, do missing pages like contact, terms of service, disclaimer etc...

I still haven't came up with the name for my site, some "learn how to make money" or "best money making tips" aren't exactly in my mind. But what's interesting, about 10 unique visitors have been on my site in 5 days that it has been online. Analytics shows that they are real people, so I think something is done right, since I haven't seen any real people on my sites so quickly ever before.

Another thing: I absolutely gave up with Elance. I tried to get several jobs, wrote a nice motivational promotion about what I can do, how long it will take and offered very reasonable prices because I'm quite a newbie in Elance. No responses. Half of the jobs I applied weren't awarded to anyone at all. I don't claim it to be worthless site, but it just isn't for me.

Ok, break over, going back to building.
Hope I don't get annoying for people around with my constant on-off-on-off story...

Mait M.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Heya Mait,

Good to hear things are looking up. Slow and steady gets things done in the end.

I think it could be really interesting if you created a blog following your progress. I think a lot of people would identify with your story. You're still in the "will this actually work?" stage, which gives you a lot of credibility, and you clearly have a knack for storytelling.

I wouldn't use the blog as your sole money-making platform... keep it as a side project for talking about the things you're trying on your other websites: the problems you're facing, the thoughts you're having, the ups and downs. And then maybe one day you can talk about/promote the products/services you've had success with and can honestly recommend.

Not that we don't love your updates in the forum as well... but if you're going to be writing, why not turn it into an asset? So long as it stays honest.

Here's a video. You could substitute the word "art" for "content".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHsSd3vk5jk
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

tankctrlr
Trust:
Freedom is a powerful thing, financial, time, it's what keeps us crazy people who are infected with the entrepreneur 'virus' from just punching a clock; following the herd, and just living out our lives on our days off.

p.s. Stay away from the multi level marketing businesses out there (Amway etc.), they have great products, wonderful people and philosophy, but terrible business models. (My parents were in Amway for years, then Melaleuca, Isagenix, and others, I was their go to babysitter growing up while they went and presented the 'plans', so I know better! lol)

mamagy
Trust:
Hi again.
Thanks, aletta, for the good idea. Will give it a thought and if I get time then I certainly put something together. I actually have something started about year ago and a spam comment notification just remembered it to me yesterday :D Coincidence...

Anyways, now I guess that I finally have my site tweaked so far that I dare to give others a look to it. On-site SEO is done so far, I had time and mood to write another article today and finish header and site name. So, it's in the signature now.

Funny thing is, that I haven't done much anything to promote the site, but as soon I got site running and 10 first articles up, some people started visiting it. In a week I have had about 10 unique visitors and... A sale. To be honest, I can't figure out, how did that came, since commission don't match with any of the packages there's available to promote, but still, I must be doing something right now :)

I was very worried about how mi site looks- it seemed... dull and empty.. content is there, but I wanted more shine and sparkles... True, I could add some pictures, but I looked at Mark's Enlightenmentgateway.com site and found out that mine's idea isn't that much different.

Opt-in form could give better looks, but I'll go there after I get enough visitors, I don't bother myself it yet, too early.

Oh, and- I didn't answer to that Amway-lady's calls for a while. She gave up :P
I don't even feel guilty :D

Cheers and nice summer, who has summer today :)
Mait.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
mamagy wrote:I actually have something started about year ago and a spam comment notification just remembered it to me yesterday :D Coincidence...

If a coincidence happens to align itself with something I think I should really be doing... I take it as a kick in the butt.

First impressions of your site are good! Your page heading should probably say "Key TO making your living online" (not "Key OF") but that's just me nit-picking.

If you want people to actually sit down and read your content, one thing I would suggest is subheadings. Try to imagine that you're only operating on 30% of your full brain, and you're really easily distracted and lazy. Then try looking at your articles. You'll just see a huge wall of text, and you'll think... "Urrgh! Too much work!" and hit the back button.

As a general rule, I'd say try to chuck in a small headline every two paragraphs on a page like this: http://moneymakingtrix.com/affiliate-marketing/how-to-find-affiliate-programs/

Your paragraphs are a good length, you just need some small headlines to motivate people to move down the page. It's good if these are also "skimmable" (you can get the general gist of the page just from reading the headlines) or "curiosity arousing" (eg, "The mistake that most new affiliates make...").

Images also do a good job of breaking things up.

PS: I like your use of "one does not simply" Boromir meme :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

mamagy
Trust:
Thanks, I'll work on that. Yesterday I actually scrolled through posts quickly and noticed that I have to work also with above the fold area, too much content that simply isn't eye-catching enough.
But thanks, I didn't expect so good response :)

(As English isn't my first language, to's, for's, of's, at's and so on are sometimes a little bit funny :P)
mamagy
Trust:
Hi fellow Affilorama family!

I'm here again with my stupid troubles :P

My site has been idle for a while, since I have had a lot of problems to handle by myself, some loans had to be settled, some still have; I had to move again, but anyways- I decided to keep my site, I keep paying for hosting, just not to lose my efforts this time.

Now that I have had couple free days I feel like going on again. And since my site is actually up nicely (could use many improvements, but that's that- I'll let it be right now), I need to start building traffic again.

I wouldn't count on SEO yet for a while, since this traffic comes in very slowly and I'm still not absolutely sure that I have targeted keywords well. For example, since I'm promoting AffiloBlueprint- I managed to get #1 in Google.com rankings with "Mark Ling Review" and stayed there for a while, however i think that this hasn't brought me hardly any visitors, according to Analytics.

So, please suggest me one way to start building traffic. I need to have only one, for a start- since men can't do multitasking plus I'm distracted very easily :D

I'm thinking about article marketing, since I can write a bunch of good articles in a short period and optimize them well for my keywords, but how lucrative can this be? I really need to fulfill my first income benchmark- that is to build a steady income weekly, even if it is just $50 or $100. Can it be done in article marketing and with what time approx. if I could add 3-5 600-700w articles daily?

Or, should I look more complicated methods? I have given a lot of thought about linkwheeling- I'm actually a little obsessed with that.. Problem is, that I don't know exactly how to use 2.0 sites efficiently. I have been in Squidoo, Reddit and Digg, but hardly achieved anything. What content should I add these places? I have always thought that heavily modified (rewritten) and shortened sum-up about my articles will do, but am I right?

So, again I have lots of questions... That's my problem- I know.. not a lot of things, but.. some.. But I'm never sure if I do things right.. :( If anyone could be this nice and bothers to read my post and give some ideas, that would be really great!

Sincerely,
Mait M.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Mait,

Glad to hear you're working on your site again! :)

I understand that you only want one method of link building, and that you'll focus on this one method for now. I say, go get your hands dirty and try as much link building method as you can. This way, you can figure out which works and which doesn't. You don't have to do them all in one day. You can come up with a schedule, like forum posting/blog commenting today, then tomorrow you do a spot of article submission, then the next day you do social media marketing, and so on. Log your progress on a spreadsheet or notepad (whichever you're comfortable with) so that you can keep track of your schedule and what you're doing. Link building is time consuming and the results are not immediate, so it's best to see early on which method/s work for your site and which don't.

As for link building methods, I always recommend social media marketing (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest (if it applies), etc) because there's a lot of traffic in social media sites and a lot of information-sharing goes on there. So make sure your site's got active social media accounts/pages. You can share your site's content there, as well as helpful information on the niche you're in.

Another method is forum/blog posting. I think this is one of the best methods if you're in the internet marketing niche because most marketers, and hopeful/new marketers hang out in forums and blogs within the niche to gather information.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted!

All the best!
Cecille

mamagy
Trust:
Thanks, Cecille.

I have free monday today, now, I thought about starting with Article submissions. That's easiest for me and it should get me going.

Another good motivation source came from my own country- a little community of guys (and girls probably :) ), hanging out in a money-related forum in our own language, they started a little project, case study type. One guy, who has a lot of knowledge and earns solid weekly salary, builds a niche site and shows us step-by-step how he does that. Couple of guys joined him with that and I'm trying to keep track too. It's nice to discuss more difficult stuff in our own language. Brain starts working in whole another way in more comfortable language.

We have a clear target to hit- it's 1300$ a month (roughly, it is 976Euros- it's the average salary in our country..minus taxes.. how lame is that :D) in four months. I really think that it's easily achievable.

Ok, enough now, I'm out of forums, it's finally time to work seriously now.

(I really think I have issues about starting everything and not accomplishing anything... well, who knows.=) )
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Mait,

That group you mentioned sounds great! I'm sure that you'll learn lots from them. Now, you have a group you can share info with as well as bounce ideas off.

It's good you've got a goal now as far as earnings go. You have the goal, now you need the commitment to see this through. Keep at it and stay positive!

All the best!
Cecille

This topic was started on Jan 30, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.