Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I Need Help! I Can't Find My Site?

juderm
Trust:

I Need Help! I Can't Find My Site?

I have a new mini site which is about a month and a half already. I was happy to know that it went fast to be in the 2nd page in Google and became PR-1. It has exact matched keyword domain name. Everyday i saw it in that Google search, however, two days ago I was doing a search in Google under the keyword that I was targeting but I can't find my site. I went back to find it from 3rd to 30 page down but can't find it.

I have a Google Webmaster Tool Account and found out under diagnostic that it has crawl error: DNS LOOKUP TIMEOUT. I did not do any spam thing to bring my site up. Everything is naturally built links. I followed everything correctly with good content.

Is this just a temporary thing from Google? Will my site appear soon? What advise can you give me? I want to know also if there is a site where I can find what page my site was moved into?

I really appreciate your response. Thank you very much in advance!
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
New domain websites jump in and out of prominance on a regular basis. Continue building backlinks to your site. It will bounce back up again. The greater number of backlinks the site has the greater the chance that the website will remain on page one of search results.

Google places trust in age and backlinks. As your site ages it should pop back. You need to realize that Google upgrades their algorithms on a regular basis. These algorithm changes affect a website's search engine results.

The only answer is to continue doing the correct actions necessary to improve your sites ranking. Old established websites do not fluctuate in search engine standings as much as new websites. Keep going. Don't let discouragement slow you down.

Margene Smith
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

The DNS Lookup Timeout means that your site was down the last time that Google tried to crawl it. This is an issue most likely with your host (their DNS servers were messed up temporarily).

First, visit your site to make sure it is up.

Second, signup with some kind of site monitoring that sends you an email when your site is down so that you can determine if your hosting is going down frequently or if it was just a fluke.

Third, Add some new content to your site, update your sitemap and ping it to get the creepy crawlers back to your site.

Errors in Webmaster Tools usually take a few weeks to go away, even if they are no longer relevant, so don't worry!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

juderm
Trust:
Thank you very much Margene and Esolutions for your great advise! I will definitely do what you said. What is a website that sends you an email when your site is down? I would love to have that. By the way I found my site already and it was in the 38th page of Google. From page 2 to 38th page. Will that move back to page 2 again?

After going to Google Webmater Tools using Fetch by GoogleBot the error disappeared and I found my site. According to your message it is a Hosting cause. If you can give me the site that monitor this, that would great. Thanks in advance.

Another question that came across my mind about backlinking. I did a couple of backlinkings thru blog commenting with my keyword target using hyperlinks and I did about, let say 25 backlinks and most of them are in high PR sites, however after 3 days I only saw 9 and even so it went down to be 7. Do you know why is this so?

Hope to hear from you. Thanks a lot to your great advise!
Jude
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
A link in order to show for your credit must be crawled by the spider bots. Even though the site you placed a link on has a high PR it may not have been crawled. Second many blog auditors require blog comments to be approved. Though you left a comment that comment may not have been approved by the blog admin.

It is likely that your website will return to the second page search results. Continue to create backlinks. New websites fluctuate on search engine results. As your site ages and a greater number of backlinks created the site search engine results will settle down.

Check your competition. Duplicate their backlinks whenever possible. An excellent software for this purpose is Backlink Profit Monster. The software will analyze your competition providing blogs that you can acquire a backlink from. I do NOT recommend their automated posting option. I find a high percentage of irrelevant blog posts are deleted. I would recommend reading the blog post and responding with a relevant value comment for the blog. Doing this should get your comment to stick.

Article marketing should be a major backlinking effort. The articles provide you with contextual backlinks that Google has shown it prefers over other backlinks. Also, many article publishers will allow up to three backlinks per article. This would provide one to your main page with the other two going to a specific interior page. Once again, Google like to see deep links into a website.

Margene
Site Admin
jonathan_l
Trust:
A service that can monitor your website, and email/sms you when it goes offline is Pingdom

https://www.pingdom.com/signup/

They have a free account, which can monitor up to 1 website (look for the 'Free Signup' button)

We use that service here at Affilorama to monitor our own sites and servers, and I can testify that it really does its job rather well.
juderm
Trust:
Thanks Margene for the great tips you sent me! Thanks Jonathan for letting me know the site. I will surely sign up. Now I realized that I have lots of more work to do to boost my sites traffic.
Link removed by moderator

This topic was started on Nov 21, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.