Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I need a photo! Can I pretend to be a different person ?

chickentulip
Trust:

I need a photo! Can I pretend to be a different person ?

Hello everyone,
i need a photo for my ad on my web-site. My add starts like this" Hello , my name is XXX ( a guys name). I found a suitable photo on http://www.Istockphoto.com but now I am not sure whether I can write an ad and pretend to be a guy on that photo. People either tell me that it is not legal or i can place this guy's photo on my website but must not pretend that it is him telling the story which is exactly what i want to do. I cant advertise the product just talking about in i general terms. I specifically want to write like this " Hello, it me. and that is the story of my life and blah blah,and the photo is there... so my question is: where can I get a photo of a relatively young good looking male that I can place on my web-site?
wollowra
Trust:
Basically, If you put a photo up of someone else and say it is you while trying to sell a product or service, then this is illegal. You are selling based on deception. You are impersonating another person.
It's one thing to have a pen name like a novel writer, but to say that you are this person in the photo is not allowed. Especially with the latest FTC developments.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

jpastorizo
Trust:
Troy is right! There is no other way around it. Use a pen name and have a sales copy that does not claim that it's you on the photo.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
Hi Chickentulip,

Another idea would be to get a graphic designer to create a cartoon character pic for you (similar to a Yahoo avatar). I believe Mark has tested this on several of his websites and conversions are exactly the same as using a photo of a real person.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
In fact, I think in one of the videos in the guru lessons, one of the gurus does exactly what Grace said. (It's the one with the couple, though I don't recall offhand which one it is.)

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, that's a great idea and the interview you're thinking of Grady is Michel and Sylvie Fortin. I created a little cartoon guy after watching that interview a few years ago.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

chickentulip
Trust:
Thank you very much for your all responses. I have found a way how to do without a photo. Hope to launch my first website pretty soon.

This topic was started on Aug 20, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.