Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I'm NEW here and skeptical about Affiliate Marketing

davidm
Trust:

I'm NEW here and skeptical about Affiliate Marketing

My name is David,

I have no problem with designing or building a website because I currently have one I built for my family business.

I always hear about Affiliate Marketing but Im skeptical! I dont beleive in get rich quick "stuff" and would like to really know the truth behind it all!?

And just how much money do you need to do this? How much money are YOU spending on this and has it been worth it?

Im just wanting to know the truth, please help me by answering my questions. Ive allready taken the first step and joined Affilorama and need some reassurance that this is legit!

Thank You,

David
Last edited by michellerana on 25 Jan 10 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

faradina
Trust:
Hi David,

Welcome to Affilorama!

Affiliate marketing as taught by Affilorama is not a get rich quick scheme. It is about making money online by promoting the products of another company for a commission on each sale you generate.

When we say "affiliate marketing" we're actually talking about a bunch of things:

* Finding good products to promote
* Building websites
* Conducting market research
* Search engine optimization (getting your website ranking well in the search engines)
* Creative ways to promote your products
* Social networking and "web 2.0" strategies
* Email marketing
* Pay-per-click marketing
* Creating or sourcing content for your website or newsletter
* Getting motivated, staying motivated, and avoiding potential mishaps

The free lessons on http://www.affilorama.com/lessons contain all the basics that you need to know to start making money as an affiliate marketer. The amount of money you need to do affiliate marketing depends on the options that you pick. As you will see in the free lessons, you can do affiliate marketing with or without a website. When you choose to have a website, you will have to pay for your domain and hosting (of course you already know this because you already have a website :) ), and, for those who do not already have one, there is the outlay for a web design software (unless you prefer to use the PHP scripts that are usually provided with hosting services).

In addition, there are other options that may drive up your costs such as electing to do pay per click advertising, signing up for and maintaining an autoresponder service, paying others to create your website content.

I started affiliate marketing activities a few years back and I have been paying only for my domains and hosting. I rely on SEO for traffic and so do not have to spend on PPC ads. I create my own content. I do not use an autoresponder service as I have not gotten around to creating content for it. I have since gotten to a stage where the cheques come in at a more or less steady stream. The amounts are not spectacular, just enough to buy a few luxuries and keep me motivated, but then I do not even spend that much time on my affiliate websites and many of them are still half-baked. No doubt that if I were to devote more time and energy, my earnings will allow me to go around the world many times over.

But, since I work for Affilorama, I am not the best person to comment on this thread. I am sure other members will be posting their replies sooner or later.

Cheers!
davidm
Trust:
Ok thank you! Your feedback is much appreciated! Hopefully some others will post their replies and testimonies soon! Thank you!

David.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi David

Welcome to Affilorama and as Fara mentions this isnt a get rick quick scheme - they only exist as lotteries or scams. It sounds like you have a few skills that will definitely help you in making money online so thats a good start.

Just work through the free lessons and give it a whirl - nothing to lose.

All the best.

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
David,

This is real. I've been at this for almost 5 months. I'm not rich yet, but I'm seeing steady improvement. I'm making just over $100 a week from free SEO traffic. All I really pay for is hosting and a service called AMA, which costs $47 per month.

I'm getting better at SEO and I've got a few more websites in the pipeline right now, so I expect my earnings to go up in the next month or two.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

steadymike
Trust:
David,
From my experience, making money online is just like any other business.
You need to build it up and there are no short cuts. You simply get out what you put in. You may be lucky and make a lot of money right away, but for me I've had to work at it. Making some mistakes along the way has been a learning experience for me too.

There is a lot to learn, but the key is to stay with it and don't get discouraged and give up. Many people give up way too early and never achieve success.

Some of the thinks I've learned are learn, take action, rinse and repeat.

Best,
Mike
jpastorizo
Trust:
Hi David,

I agree with Mike. There are a lot to learn and you have to keep going because there will be times when you feel like you kept working but not seeing success.

There is a common trend or pitfalls that affiliate marketing newbies fall into. You may find a short report I did on my blog a good read: http://www.jonpastorizo.com/the-poop-report/

If you have any questions at all just post it here in the forum in the appropriate category. There are a lot of helpful members here helping Affilorama members.

Also, Mark Ling himself comes in here to help members. Where in the internet can you find a multi-millionaire replying to members' questions in the forum to help? There's only 1 other millionaire who does that and that is Steven Clayton, one of the "blueprint" guys.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

davidm
Trust:
Thank you all for all you replies! I will be researching affiliate marketing more and looking into all affilorama's free lessons, videos and tips! And maybe I can get started soon. If anyone else has anything more to say about affiliate marketing or has any testimonies, feel free to comment on this thread. Thanks again to everyone!

David
superaff
Trust:
Hi David,

First, welcome to the forum. Everything has been said above.

I will just add that you need:

1. Patience
2. Serious
3. Consistency
4. Education

With these 4 ingredients, you should do pretty well.

Franck
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

digiblue
Trust:
I would like to add to that list...

5. Focus, Focus and Focus.

Do not go chasing too many rainbows. When you get started with Affiliate marketing you enter a slick world where marketing experts will try and steal your attention and persuade you to follow their techniques.

Losing focus is very easy to do so you need to stick to a path that has worked time and time again for many people. You just need a workable plan from a super affiliate (Mark Ling) and an awesome team (Affilorama) and if your new you can use a step by step proven system (AffiloBlueprint). These are the fundamental tools and lesons that you can use to do really well with affiliate marketing.

All the best to you!
davidm
Trust:
Thank You again!
tcww44
Trust:
Don't get side tracked by training. Find one mentoring site and stay there. It is really hard not to take off on three dozen tracks. I am nuts for Affilorama and I am never nuts about anything. There is more for free here than anywhere on the web, Simple and direct without the hype. Follow these guys, use some of their tricks and you will begin to succeed.
davidm
Trust:
Ok Thank You much! I agree this site is great!
PremiumMember
elogic0007
Trust:
Hi David,
For me it was like the light bulb moment when I found affilorama, I am now focused and have set a time and date to quit my high paying job and live my dream...
I agree with the other posts ... focus,determination,some humor and keep going even though you can only see 100 yards ahead,just keep going, you will get there

Best of Success David

This topic was started on Jan 24, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.