Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I'm a bit scared guys...

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:

I'm a bit scared guys...

Today I just got an email as such:
Subject: WDRP: mywebsite.com - Review whois information - Do not reply.
Dear Admin of mywebsite.com,
This message is a reminder to help you keep the contact data associated with your domain registration up-to-date. This is a requirement made by ICANN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) through the WDRP (Whois Data Reminder Policy).
Do not reply to this message.
Our records include the following information:
*My website details*
(You currently have whois privacy enabled for the registrant contact)
*Then here it just says that I have privacy enabled so all my "contacts" show my hosting provider not me.*
If any of the information above is inaccurate, you must correct it by visiting our website at www.bluehost.com. (If your review indicates that all of the information above is accurate, you do not need to take any action.) Please remember that under the terms of your registration agreement, the provision of false Whois information can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration.
If you have further questions, ICANN has provided a short FAQ about the WDRP which can be found at http://www.icann.org/whois/wdrp-registrant-faq.htm
Thank you for your attention. Do not reply to this message.
Best regards,
Bluehost

So basically I'm with Bluehost for this DOMAIN, and they sent me this email out of the blue even though I've had this domain for about 2 and a bit years. All the contact info on whois is set to Bluehost information not mine... They auto did this when I clicked the "Privacy" option. Now they are telling me to change it to mine??
I am worried... does this mean I am being investigated or somtehing? Has someone requested me to change all the inforomation from the top somewhere?

Thanks guys for any help
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

michael025
Trust:
Hi nothsa,

you don't have to worry about that...anyone who owns a domain name probably gets that message from time to time...it's just a message informing every website registered to make sure all their information is accurate and up to date...if you have WHOIS privacy turned on, and are confident that all your info with bluehost is up to date, then you can just ignore that email...
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
I agree with Michael. :) I myself, receive those emails from time to time and what I usually do is I check that the registration information (admin, billing and technical contact info) of my domain is still accurate. Registrars such as Bluehost, GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc are required by ICANN to send this email to its customers once a year.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Just make sure if you move or something that you update your info immediately. You can lose them simply because you moved and didn't update your contact info.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

jeniferflxs
Trust:
As @nothsa said...you can ignore the email.I have done a domain registration through 9cubehosting.com and got a free whois protection.I receive such mails...I opted a whois privacy so that when someone uses whois lookup tools like WhoisXY.com my information is not revealed.

This topic was started on Feb 20, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.