Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I DO Need a New Mindset

PremiumMember
mynameisjoe
Trust:

I DO Need a New Mindset

Hello everybody,

Thank You to Spend a Moment to Share Your Thoughts/Comments Below!

For so long I try to become a successful affiliate.

Not sure anymore but I guess I started this online Journey on May 2007...
Yes already 5 years ago.

As many many people I failed but learnt from those errors.

I started thinking Adsense would help me reach my first goals ($250 / mo).
At this time I was simply using Blogger blogs, nothing else.

It took me around 2 years to earn $100.

After that I discovered AB 2.0 but thought it was too complicated for me.

In December 2009, I launched a self hosted WordPress site
after a few months I earned $100-$200 / mo

When I outrsourced the backlinking building process
it made me up to $750 / mo (for a $200 /mo expense)

This year Panda took a lot of my success confiscating my #1 spot.

I started several others but without even finishing them.
;o(

Fed up with this permanent failure cycle, I started to analyze my own mindset.

- Why am I so good in failing?

I noticed I fear to try, I do not like to take risks.

I am frightened to fail.

I have skills but I always see myself failing.
For now I cant stand up visualizing another failure, strange but true.

I must admit I lack of self-confidence.

- What is repeating over & over again?

My professional life is far to be a huge success.
Last year I turned 40 yo & I still work as a temp (for almost 15 years now).

When I am not in a temp job, I have to reinvest my time & energy to find the next one.
As recession is everywhere it can be tough sometimes.

I never give up but I am one of the 2.9 millions people out of work in France.

I was out of work for 5 months before getting the current contract that will keep me busy until mid-September 2012.

Not only it is stressful but it also involves some financial problems.

- How am I currently working?

Our lastest child is now 2 months old so I do my « online homeworks » in the kitchen where my wife watches TV.

Needless to say all this noise decreases my productivity.
I dream about renting an office a few minutes away from our house.

One problem I have is that I am too low:
I know I have to increase the speed.

- What is my current strategy

As much as possible I reinvest to build a larger success.

I started extra sites.

The difficulty is to reinvest smartly as spare money is limited.

- What is affecting me?

I can’t anymore say to my wife I am building websites.

She just sees this as a complete lack of time.

You know when someone tells you
if it was possible to earn money online everybody will do it!

All this negativeness affects me for sure.

We all need someone for inspiration.

& I can’t rely on my Dad all his life long he told:

- I should have done that
- I should have launched that business
- If only I did this...

He ended with tons of regrets
& never ever put into action any of his entrepreneur plans.

I dont wanna be like that! Oh no!

One of my goals was to meet major success & educate him just like Mark did.

- Which thoughts are spoiling my productivity?

If I should find a reason for this permanent lack of self-confidence, I guess I should come back to my childhood.

Unfortunately I can't remember it as a enjoyable moment.

Rather a time of your life you wish to escape from.

I was not surrounded by love at this time & it has not helped me to build myself in a positive way.

Our Dad was violent & drunk very often (I ignore why but he suicided last year), I faced domestic violence belt weekly.

Even nowadays it is something I fight against.
I am Dad of 3 & refuse to become like that, I feel that anger in me.

To conclude...

No doubt anymore, I MUST work on my mindset.

I have to build & display positive images of myself, my family & my business.

Some ideas may include:

- self confidence
- confidence to drive a car (I fear it even if I have a driving license)
- increasing speed
- throwing away aggressiveness
- taking risks
- feeling positive about the future
- renting an office close to our house
- attracting online cash through several income streams
- lose and maintain weight
- keep reinvesting in my online business
- keep giving 10% of my earning to http://www.kiva.org

Questions for Mark/Staff/Members:

I dont find anymore the video & pdf telling how to reprogramm your mind in 3 months telling out loud an affirmation 5 minutes per day (based on Mark’s journey).

Where is that AB3 Bonus?

Which method is better the one mentioned above (5mins - 90days) or using Mind Movies?

If I use Mind Movies what would be better/more powerful (I am French): using the affirmations in English or translating them into French?

Now please add your comments below!
mark schaaf
Trust:
I kind of know what you mean I have been doing this for a little over 3 years and at first I was selling clickbank stuff and was running adwords ads to get my traffic. I was so excited when I made my first sale I was thinking here we go. but nothing really happened I would make 5 sales one day then nothing for a week which in turn made my profits nothing.

I did this for about 6 months and spent just about as much as I made all the while looking over everything to try and make it better so I could sell more each week so I could make a profit rather then just break even. Then I got a note from google saying I couldn't run ads anymore because of there same old crap saying something was wrong with my site but of course would never tell me what it was. After months of trying to get an answer someone said that the site I was sending my viewers to was the problem. I couldn't understand why if that were true why didn't google just tell me in the first place.

Anyhow I stopped running ads for all my 3 sites not because I wanted to but for some reason since one of my sites was bad I couldn't do anything with any of them. So I started a site on a subject I know a lot about and spent the last 2 years building and promoting it and am on page 1 of google and yahoo for several of my pages but I am still making almost nothing.

My site is very good with a lot of information and have gotten a lot of advice from people on this forum and other forums which is how I got on page 1 in the first place but I just can't figure out how to get people to stay on my site longer and buy something. I think the people that really make money online have something that just clicks in there mind that makes them think differently then the rest of us and things just make sense to them.

The rest of us just struggle along doing everything we can hoping the next thing we try will work. I have figured out so much and am so much smarter about what I am doing but still have a lot I don't understand. I never get down on myself and just keep trying to figure things out because I know when I do then all the pieces of the puzzle will fall into place for every project I try and that is when the money will start to flow all the time.

I too was always told growing up that I can't do this or that and people like us don't do those things. So I just keep plugging away trying to learn more every day and do a little more everyday. I try not to make it my life and step away if it starts to bother me and try not to sink too much money into it without getting something back. If I see a return I will invest more into a certain project and if I get more out then I will invest a little more but I can't blindly pour money into something that isn't giving back. As far as mind set it has to be something you want to do, that you enjoy doing and something you can envision will be profitable someday.

Something it is good to step away for a little while or look at it with a different point of view to make things click but as I said it has to be something you want to do not what you think you need to do. I also think it is good to put your feelings out there when things aren't going they way you want them to when trying to earn money online because you will find others going through the same thing so you will know your not the only one out there having problems. Good luck and just keep plugging away. Mark
Mark

PremiumMember
mynameisjoe
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your kind answer.

Through your detailed answer I discover that I am not the only one struggling for years.

Honestly I can't say that this is a good news it shows this career can be really hard too.

Let's keep trying until we kiss success!

Regards,
Joe.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
One thing which has helped me in all my most difficult endeavors; things like when I learned to pilot gliders - when I was afraid of messing up and damaging an aircraft with a newbie landing or being a poor student and doing a mind-freeze during the scary parts, such as when my instructor, released the tow rope unexpectedly at 250 ft with a steep hill just ahead and said "OK, the tow rope just broke - what will you do now", or practicing spin recovery techniques with your stomach thrust up to your throat and the sky and earth spinning around you every 2 seconds while you stare down a visual whirlpool leading straight down to the point where you're going to make a big hole in the ground.

What it was that helped me get through things like that, and enjoy the self-confidence of proving to myself that I could do it, was hypnosis and self-hypnosis. With those I could practice correctly in my mind and my muscles would learn to react. In fact, I once learned to type the same way.

Marketing experts know that we do little by rational conscious thought. Instead our lives are so much controlled by our unconscious mind - for better or for worse. We are driven to decisions unconsciously and only later rationalize to ourselves and to others that we made rational, conscious decisions - that we knew what we were doing. In fact, much of what we do is controlled by the re-playing of old unconscious recordings from situations of long ago.

It's little wonder then that we can feel out of control.

The only ways I know to communicate with and improve our unconscious is through hypnosis and meditation. Hypnosis (self-hypnosis or with a hypnotherapist) is most effective for specific things, while meditation is best for "nurturing your nature" and getting to peace with yourself. Of course both have many crooks and charlatans, just like online marketing does. So, you have to work to find the best resources.

I'm not very successful with my self-publishing and affiliate sites yet myself, even though I've learned a lot of skills and feel it's what I'm destined for. And I'm not making any real money yet either

Sometimes all the little details and masses of tek stuff that add up to success seem overwhelming. Look at how many videos Mark Ling had to produce for Affiloblueprint 3 - just to get the basics across. Such a mass of tasks which all need to be done properly and work together in a synergistic way. It really isn't easy. But I have no doubt at all that many of us can do it. And what a fine ride it is!

Besides, what's the use of only doing what's easy - where's the fun in that? The real thrills come from doing what's hard and learning - always learning.

Of course, with families to support and in these times of financial desperation many will, understandably, wish for an easier way with more guarantees. That said, I think we're lucky to have such a fine instructor and staff.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
PremiumMember
mynameisjoe
Trust:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your long motivating answer, I highly appreciate it.

Through your answer, Mark’s answer & what I discovered in the mindset lesson from AB3 it is not anymore trying to build from scratch an online business...

This is much more complicated that it seems to be.

Before creating some real income for our family & give to charities, we have to create a positive mindset, a winner mindset (a millionnaire mindset?).

It is not just anymore about skills:

- finding good keywords
- creating valuable content around them
- building a mailing list
- building quality backlinks

It’s also about taking a picture of our current mindset
& like a Lego game taking off all bricks to create a brand new mindset.

This part is absolutely new to me.

Resetting a 40 yo unconscious mind appears as a Great challenge...

Anyway I feel there’s always something wrong in my way to build my online assets & consider the results they provide.

So I must reprogram the mindset I have that sticks me where I am now. There’s no other choice!

I will be very curious to see what Mark Ling thinks about that...

But that’s already another topic.

Regards,
Joe.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Thanks for your kind words, Joe.

I do think it's important to realize, when you're feeling overwhelmed and alone, that there are few problems that many others haven't already been through and solved. And for most problems someone has not only survived it, but has turned that solution into a product, method, therapy or other tool that you can also use.

A problem may be new to us personally, but it's not likely to be new to mankind. So, I believe that part of a "success mindset" is being a good Trouble-Shooter or Problem Solver and a good Researcher.

That is, knowing how to find the clues to the roots of a problem and how to use those clues to zero in on what's really wrong. Then doing the research to find the best existing solutions, be it an expert instructor, a doctor, a physical tool, a software or whatever. And of course then learning to apply the solutions and carrying through.

We are all here at Affilorama because we have somewhat of a mindset like that and have discovered that Mark Ling has been through the kinds of problems we face in online marketing, has solved those problems and can show us how.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
PremiumMember
mynameisjoe
Trust:
Lol let's overcome those obstacles & publish a monthly Course sold on ClickBank based on our experience...

Time for action: it's 10.25 pm with a baby on my arm while I have 3 websites to work on on different tasks (link building, changing WP theme & starting keyword research).

This is not over my shoulders video but over my arm.
;o)
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
PremiumMember
mynameisjoe
Trust:
Baby is now aslept & fed.

I am may be not the best Affiliate out there but as Dad well I'm not too bad.

;o)
PremiumMember
mynameisjoe
Trust:
It is not always easy to unlock your mindset.

Facing the reality of your current life, you can lose focus or trust.

So while I wait for Mark Ling's opinion about Mind Movies, (see the beginning of this thread for details),
last week I started reading http://www.amazon.com/Notes-Friend-Simple-Taking-Charge/dp/068480056X/.

It is not only a very refreshing book, this is a wonderful tool to help watch your life for the right angle.

Next step will be read the book again & implement the tips contained inside. A few exercises & patience are required but as with affiliation: Taking Action is important.

No change occurs without any action!

To follow this journey within my own unconscious Power, I plan to continue with http://www.amazon.com/Unlimited-Power-Anthony-Robbins/dp/0743409396/ & http://www.amazon.com/Awaken-Giant-Within-Immediate-Emotional/dp/0671791540/

Joe.
liferidergillespie
Trust:
exactly! I'm also trying to change my mind into a positive depot till the day I see any real money. Dude, we are in the same world where some people have millions to waste and I work very hard even to see a single dollar.
PremiumMember
mynameisjoe
Trust:
liferidergillespie wrote:exactly! I'm also trying to change my mind into a positive depot till the day I see any real money. Dude, we are in the same world where some people have millions to waste and I work very hard even to see a single dollar.

In reality your 1st dollar always seems complicated.

The most difficult is to follow a system that words & stick to it.

From there, you reinvest, reinvest & reinvest...
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
For anyone interested in a Financial Abundance Mindset product based on hypnosis, but not wanting, or unable, to locate and visit a top hypnotherapist (really best method):

I can recommend a book with a hypnosis CD by Paul McKenna, called "I Can Make You Rich" (with a forward by Sir Richard Branson yet). Bantam Press 2007, hard cover.

Paul used to be a radio DJ and has extreme control of his very pleasant and well-modulated voice. This and his excellent hypnosis technique makes his CD very good. The book is also good.

I'm not an affiliate or anything - just an enthusiastic user.

Hypnosis has a bit of a bad rep, as mere entertainment or as something mystical or New Age. It's none of those, but very practical and pragmatic - both for self-help and as a professional therapy.

Even Scientific American magazine said so in an article recommending it. In my opinion, it should be taught in High School or at least College. The level of ignorance and misinformation about it is preventing a very helpful mental technology from seeing a very beneficial wider use.

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
PremiumMember
mynameisjoe
Trust:
Hi Jim,

I appreciate your recommendations they always contain valuable informations.
You're right hypnosis could be another suggestion to follow...

Thanks,
Joe.

This topic was started on Jul 03, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.