Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I Can't Decode a Clickbank Hoplink?

cashpro2011
Trust:

I Can't Decode a Clickbank Hoplink?

This has been very irritating to me. When setting up sites, I like to make a spreadsheet with all my presell pages titles in one column. The next column I would put the 'old' clickbank hoplink url. I use this to match up my presell pages with relevant CB offers.

Anyway...

At one glance, if I wanted to change or test another clickbank product on my presell page, I could easily look at my sheet and change the merchant's hoplink and the update the website.

Now with the new hoplink set up, I cannot tell what vendor is on my page unless I actually put the url in my browser and follow their affiliate's link. That is not a big deal, but with hundreds of pages...it makes this simple task a nightmare.

Soooo...

I did some research and this is the clickbank decode link:

https://www.clickbank.com/hoplink_decoding.htm

This link originally appeared when you were searching in Marketplace and clicked on the link to enter your personal affiliate ID. Now it is not there.

Now you have it. Bookmark it and I dont know how long they will keep that page up.

CashPro
"In this business you will SELL or be SOLD. Take your pick!"
- CASHPRO

jpastorizo
Trust:
Cashpro,

What I do with this is I decode the encrypted hoplink and I use the old format together with a php redirect.
I dont really use the encrypted hoplink but as least I dont get to get a headache trying to find out which merchant is on my webpage. =)

Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You might just want to use php redirects to mask the links. As well as looking neater, it also makes it easy to change the hoplink if your link is on lots of pages across your site. If your link is only on the one presell page, then it's not a big deal, but think about it if you're changing the one link across loads of pages.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

This topic was started on Jun 23, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.