09 Jul 06
02 May 13 8:37 pm
I bet your website looks better than this
A little bit of inspiration for anybody struggling to piece together a website! Pretty much anything you make is going to look better than this:http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
1) The article pages need more text. A lot of the pages have fewer than 500 words.
2) There's no monetization, no banners, no affiliate links. No way they're gonna make money.
3) Search engine optimization has been somewhat neglected. There are H1 tags but they're not really optimized for keywords, and internal links are not very meaningfully named.
4) A newsletter would really help. I think they tried to make one, but it's returning a 404.
5) It could do with a little more visual impact. It kinda looks like websites from the early 90s.
That said, it looks like a good idea, this WWW thing... They've got a page on "how you can help support the web" if anyone feels like contributing something.
(Ok, I'm hilarious. Here's the full story - The world's first website http://info.cern.ch/