Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

how to unsuscribe from dodgy guru links

covenantguy
Trust:

how to unsuscribe from dodgy guru links

Hi

I dont know where I get some of these emails from but theyre a pain-I think they come from some guru who subscribes to MArk's newlsetters and his email link has this address:http://planry.com/ in it. When I click the link to unsuscribe my internet security it says" The website you wanted to see might transmit malicious software to your computer, or has done that before to someone else. It may also show signs of involvement in online scams or fraud."

So I dont unsuscribe and I keep getting these stupid emails from "Jobscam Report"
Has anyone any idea on how to get rid of these kind of emails?
http://johnreason.com/recommends.php?linkid=Affiloblueprint
Build a Successful Website in 12 Weeks.

gdikakabong
Trust:
Just hit the spam button and dump it there or set filters to send all these messages to trash or spam...

even with a brand email without having subscribe to any newsletters before, you will still eventually get emails like this over some time.. so you cant really say its from the other gurus than Mark has promoted before

The only guru I know of that keeps sending you emails after you have unsubscribed is Anik Segal.. cause he uses icontact and keeps add you back automatically into the series.. irritating crap!
covenantguy
Trust:
Thanks. I get my mail in Thunderbird and can't seem to be able to MArk it as Spam there so forgot the obvious solution!
http://johnreason.com/recommends.php?linkid=Affiloblueprint
Build a Successful Website in 12 Weeks.

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I use Thunderbird, and one of the buttons I have between the "archive" button and the "delete" button for a message is one that says "junk".
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

sub-zero
Trust:
Hi John R,

As many others have suggested you can use filters to send the emails straight to the spam folder. If your email account is with one of the big boys like Google, Yahoo or Microsoft it is relatively easy to set up their spam filters to capture these emails and each service provider has video showing you how to do this or you can find a video on YouTube.

If you are using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, like Grady, and logging in to your POP3 account you can use the email client to set filters and direct it straight to the spam or deleted folders. I use Avast! Internet Security which captures spam for me based on a few rules; once I have seen the spam emails a few times I report them to my ISP and they block them for me so that they are never downloaded to my computer.

A final note, if the email has an un-subscibe button, see who is is providing the AutoResponder service and report them. I know that if AWeber, GetResponse or i-Contact get a spam complaint they ban the account. If you report the sender to the AutoResponder service provider and you still get emails; report them to your ISP and they'll deal with it for you.

Cheers,
John A.
John Albrett
Director
Orinoco Limited
John.Albrett@live.com

This topic was started on Mar 05, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.