Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How to Track Traffic from articles, forum and yahoo answers

magtan
Trust:

How to Track Traffic from articles, forum and yahoo answers

Hi,
I have read a lot about tracking where your traffic is coming from so you can put in more work to bring in more traffic from what is already working.

For my clickbank products, I plan to submit articles, use forum signatures and yahoo answers to get traffic. In all these, I have bought a domain and so will be able to put a link back to my website. Do I have to buy 3 different domain and use 1 for articles, 1 for forum and 1 for yahoo answers so I know exactly where my traffic is coming from?

I am wondering if there is a cleverer and cheaper way of doing it.

Thanks

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
You don't necessarily have to purchase three different domain names just to track where your website traffic is coming from. You can just install any stats application such as Awstats or Webalizer. Awstats for example will automatically track your website's most viewed pages, the external sites where your traffic is coming from (referrers), your visitors' IP addresses, search keyphrases, and a lot more. You can have Awstats installed directly from your Affilorama Hosting control panel.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
You can also use Google analytics to see where traffic is coming to your site from, and where it is going when they leave.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Mar 23, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.