Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How to set up a capture page?

gemini3rdeye
Trust:

How to set up a capture page?

Sorry to be a burden again, Im sure all of you experienced marketers know what its like when you refuse to sleep and just want to finish something you started.

I really need help on something I consider a vital part of my business.

An opt in page. With various terms like capture pages, opt in pages, lead form etc I am struggling to find what I need.

I have a simple html template that is perfect to give away a book, It also has a few pages where I can showcase a few free chapters and of course SEO the simple Html site. How exactly do you set up the box, so that when people give you their email, they receive the link with the book and possibly follow up emails? I know sending weekly emails is costly, but I dont wish to bother people too much, I just want a solid and reliable program that can collect peoples information.

I want to use the best program out there and one that is free so I can have a play about, I also would like to be able to export the emails so I can organise them, as they will becoming from different niches.

Can anyone explain to this to me better as this is something I am really confused about.

Thanks
The mind is everything

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

You need an autoresponder service. This is a service that allows you to setup your automated follow up email campaigns and send out emails whenever you want. The way it works is the service will give you code for the submit form in your capture page. The visitor fills out the form and their name is automatically added to your database. If you have setup automated follow up emails, then this subscriber begins to receive them. You have the ability to create separate lists for separate offers as well.

There is no way that you want to be sorting emails by hand as once you get any amount of traffic and signups you will be wasting time doing that when you could be generating more traffic and improving your sales funnel.

Free service with ads - MailChimp (I believe it's free up to 500 subscribers)

What I would recommend - http://internetmarketerhost.com as you get an autoresponder service, hosting, video conferencing and more.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

gemini3rdeye
Trust:
Ok, you have cleared a few things up for me. I appreciate your help and the recommendation which looks like a good package, but I would prefer to get a stand alone service to compliment my sites rather than have to migrate them all.

Thanks again
The mind is everything

This topic was started on Jan 17, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.