Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

how to read traffic travis pages

mark schaaf
Trust:

how to read traffic travis pages

I have asked this a few times in other sections of the forum and keep being told there is a place to find out on TT how to read the info on the pages but I can't find anything so I will ask here, on the seo page after the info shows up on the page what does the number in the columns mean, one column says previous and I am guessing previous time you checked and the other is current which means not I am guessing but previous and current what, is it the page my site shows up on search results for that search engine, I can't find any place that tells me what the information on almost any of T T's pages mean, can any one shed some light on this,
Mark

michael025
Trust:
Hey Mark, which tool in Traffic Travis are you referring to? Please provide more details...
mark schaaf
Trust:
I am talking about the search engine tool
Mark

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
What you are looking at is the search engine posiitions. The past highest is showeing the highest ranking that you have had, the current is your current position that you are ranking for in the search engine that is listed for that result.

If it shows 0, then you are not ranking within the parameters you have set. if you are using the free version, I believe the max is the top 50 results (its been a while since i used the free one so this may have changed). With pro, you can set it as high as you want, but the higher you go, the longer it will take to run. I set mine to look at the top 800 results. most keywords, I wind up within those top 800 results just with on page seo and a few backlinks.

This helps you to see where you are ranking, and where you have been. However, the previous ranking column goes by the history with TT results. also, it only does exact checks for the keywords you have put in. you may wind up ranking for other keywords that you are not necessarily optimizing for, so I look at Google analytics as well as traffic travis to check my seo traffic.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Dec 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.