Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How to Keep Other Affiliates From Getting the Sale?

yunasolon
Trust:

How to Keep Other Affiliates From Getting the Sale?

Hi :)

Why would a customer buy from you and not another affiliate?

I know as a customer that I go to a lot of web sites and read a lot of reviews before I buy something. I try to reward some affiliate for it.

But, how can I know if I go to all of the trouble of posting free information that I will get paid for it? Thank you.
www.rawrainwater.com
For health and beauty

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi yunasolon,

Trust plays a huge factor here. If your site has built enough trust and a good, solid reputation within its niche, then users are more likely to buy from you instead of from other affiliates.

You can build your site's reputation by continuously publishing good content and promoting in social media sites. Make sure to participate actively in forums and blogs within your site's niche to build good relationships with other sites.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Depending on your niche, there's a good chance that people reading your review won't know anything about affiliate marketing.

They're not looking for someone to "reward", they're looking for someone who has answered their questions / concerns about the product and made them want the product enough.

Sometimes it's something you can influence by writing a convincing review. Sometimes they might just have read enough reviews that your affiliate link just happens to be the one they click on last (which means you get the sale).

In competitive markets where visitors might know about affiliate marketing, some affiliates offer incentives, like "buy through my link and I'll send you a special report".

My advice would be to look at the other sites competing with yours on "review" type keywords. What are their reviews like? How can you make your visitors feel like they don't need to read any other reviews after reading yours?

Like Cecille said, trust plays a big role. If someone knows you and trusts you, they're not going to feel as compelled to go looking for second opinions.

And remember it's all swings and roundabouts: You might lose one sale today but gain a sale tomorrow.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
A close look at your competitors' sites also helps you in this regard. You will come to know the strengths and the drawbacks of your site in the process.
marketsearch
Trust:
Don't worry about that so much. I mean its a good question but I'll tell you that its not going to be worth worrying about much. Your still going to get traffic to your links. Honest and people not in a "die hard need" will go though to your link. And like somebody else said, I think it was aletta that said most probably won't even really understand and will simply click on your link.
Traffic is the lifeblood of your online business. If you can't get a lot of targeted traffic your DOOMED! All the traffic you can handle below => http://teamroughdog.info

yunasolon
Trust:
Hi :)

Thank you Cecille, Aletta, Kallay and MarketSearch. :)

I liked several of those ideas.

I liked Aletta and Kallay's suggestion to go to competitor's sites and compare them to mine.

Also, I liked Aletta's idea to offer an incentive, like a special report.

I was listening to one of affiliorama's (free- thanks!) videos by Anik Singal and he said that he offered to help people with the product. From answering questions, he was able to create an FAQ with a link to purchase. So, maybe I could also offer to answer any questions about a product if they buy through my link? I'm planning on selling only products that I've bought, of course.

I'm also experimenting with being paid for my review from the very beginning. I could get paid for writing a review or get paid for helping answer questions about a product. I think if the price was low enough I myself would pay and have paid in the past for a site like consumer reports reviews etc. Good reviews save so much money and sometimes there are questions that I can't find the answer to so I could pay someone for answering it before I buy the product. A lot of sites, even amazon, are rewarding/paying good reviewers.

I normally wouldn't worry about it and show more trust, like Cecille, Aletta and Market Research said, but someone asked me this question.

Thank you for the suggestions. :)
www.rawrainwater.com
For health and beauty

info489
Trust:
What I would do is create some kind of PDF/Special Report bundle to offer alongside the main affiliate product.

Then I would sell the product and get a commission as well as adding a proven buyer to my email lists.
http://myleadgenerationbiz.com - How I Make My Living Online

yunasolon
Trust:
Thanks Info489. I'll definitely have to try that soon.
www.rawrainwater.com
For health and beauty

This topic was started on Jul 20, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.