Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How to get Content

webmasters
Trust:

How to get Content

As an Affiliate manager I feel responsible for my webmasters. I just got an email recently - about how to add content to their website - what are your suggestions?
$100 PPS / 50% Commission / 20% Referrals
Oranum, Psychics on Webcam,

http://tinyurl.com/7wwnoyj

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Content is anything that you put on your website that provides information to your readers/users. It can be a n article/blog post, image/graphic, banner, etc. From an affiliate marketing point of view, any content on your website should be related to your niche.

You can get inspiration for content from various fora and blogs within your niche. You can also get inspiration from websites similar to yours and from news sites. You can also brainstorm and come up with a bulleted list of topics you want to cover on your blog/website.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

workerhk100
Trust:
I'm gonna offer an opinion, not because I'm highly qualified, but to kick off some discussion of what folks think.
IMHO, it depends on a couple of things. A new site needs to start with at least five items, then add about one a week for a month. Do your RSS and ping, at the very minimum, to alert Google/Yahoo/Bing that you have new material. After that month, another factor kicks in.
Affiliates are about selling things, but not all products change quickly. Therefore successful affiliates may think "good enough" once the site or page is ranking, and might go back once every six months or less. "Hey, I"m getting sales, it's all good" - they're always busy fixing the broken or non-selling sites. And tinkering with a site involves risks; you CAN screw up and break your site, or push a "borderline" over the edge to "dead".
From my own studies of the stats, and "best practice" of many successful marketers, you should place new material on ALL sites at least once a month. You can outsource that, if you trust someone with your info.
The other part is to keep current on changes in the market you're representing. If you"re an affiliate for motorcycles (there are some) any major change in that market, from new models that are hot to a decrease in export/import numbers, is a reason for a post. In any market, if you can become an "authority" site, it only helps you.
That's my nickel (more than twice my two cents worth LOL)
good luck!
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Yes, any update in your niche is something you should post about. So that's new content for your site. If you're in the weight loss niche and there's a new diet, then you can write about what it is and it's effects.

Personally, I also read books and magazines related to my niche and write about them in my site. Sometimes, a topic may belong to an entirely different niche, but can be related or applied to your niche so you can write about it and publish it in your site. You can really get immersed in research and spend hours reading and looking for new material for your website. This is why we suggest you pick a niche you either have knowledge on or are naturally interested in. It makes research less boring. :)

If you keep your site up to date, then in no time, you'd have published a considerable number of articles on your site. That coupled with active forum and blog participation will make you and your site an authority.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Mar 13, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.