Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

how to find forums that allow links

daveyace
Trust:

how to find forums that allow links

how do you find forums in whatever niche your in that allow you to leave a link back to your site and also find out if its follow or non follow
Make $10,000 with this step by step formula (Newbie Friendly) http://bit.ly/MveoYF

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
This is actually an old list but might still be helpful: 144 Do-Follow Forums – Categorized by Niche and PR

I wouldn't worry too much about finding follow forum sites. It will give you a boost on your page rank but links from nofollow sites will still get indexed and help your traffic. If you are very concerned about follow and nofollow backlinks, I believe you should read this: Have you developed a case of “nofollow” tunnel vision?
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I would just like to add that you could also install the SEO quake plugin. If you do a Google search, it will show stats on the sites and you could also specify whether a nofollow link should appear as a strikeout.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

joshuas
Trust:
Hi, you could use a combination of search strings and plug ins such as SEO Quake like Michelle mentioned. Here's an example:

1. Use a search string like this in Google => KEYWORD/NICHE “powered by phpbb” inurl:/forum (Note: I find niche instead of keyword works better because its more general)
Example: dog training “powered by phpbb” inurl:/forum

2. Using SEO Quake, sort by PR so you get the highest ranking forums at the top (worthwhile to check a few pages because they aren't always on the first page)

3. Click on forums you want and have a browse to see whether the links are do-follow. One way I like to do this is to check out the member profiles. With SEO Quake, no-follow links will be marked with a strike-through.

I use this method sparingly though and do it for the sake of diversifying my links. It's not super effective in boosting your rankings significantly (not for my sites anyway) unless its done in bulk (which is quite time consuming if you do it yourself). Also, this practice is sort of gray hat if you only plan on creating forum accounts to put links to your site (which will probably just get your account deleted by moderators).

It's a different story if you plan on participating in the forums though. ;) In fact, doing so probably benefits you more in the long run as you get an opportunity to have your link on popular threads and build relationships with people in your niche as well.

Hope that helps,
Joshua

This topic was started on Mar 10, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.