Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How Much Traffic Is Enough?

sammyjayjay
Trust:

How Much Traffic Is Enough?

As a general rule of thumb, how much traffic is a good amount to aim for?

For example ...a basic small website of about 10 pages or so,maybe with adsense and promoting an affiliate product...how much traffic per month is a good goal figure?

One of my sites is number 1 on the first page for a keyword that gets 4400 exact searches per month (from google keyword tool) and that gets me approx 3000 unique visitors a month. Now that isn't enough is it? So what i should be doing is trying to rank for more keywords so that the site is on first page of google for say around 5 different keywords..then it would get approx 15000 per month...and even that isn't enough is it?

Any ideas? How much do you guys think is enough?
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
It depends on what you are aiming for.

If your goal is to make $100,000 / year, your traffic goal will be very different from someone who is just trying to make a few extra bucks to supplement their income from their day job.

But more is always better :)
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

sammyjayjay
Trust:
I mean to approximately earn ...say $5-00 per day from adsense?

How much traffic do you need to get that on average assuming you are getting about 30-50cents CPC for a keyword and approx 1% CTR?
digiblue
Trust:
How much traffic is enough? This is impossible to answer. Traffic doesn't necessary mean conversion. Getting the right type of traffic from the right source is also important. Depending on what niche you are in, you will find some people click on adsense ads more than other. It also depends on how best you are displaying your ads, how much distraction there is on your Website (banner ads, affiliate links, opt-ins, etc). So there is a lot to think about while trying to answer this question.

The only way to know, is to keep building more traffic and test until you get to your desired daily or monthly income for affiliate earning or adsense.

Sorry I couldn't give a more specific answer for your question.

All the best,

Alex
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
A safe answer would be to aim for the highest amount of traffic possible. Alex is right: Traffic doesn't mean conversion. So to get a high percentage of conversion, you need a higher amount of traffic.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Jun 22, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.