Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How Much To Charge For Text Ads???

nates450r
Trust:

How Much To Charge For Text Ads???

I was contacted by a webmaster asking me if i would consider putting text ads on my weight loss website (for his website).. my problem is its the first time i have had it asked and i really dont know what the going rate is. im assuming i would charge a monthly rate. Would i just charge by the pixel size they want? like a 100x100 pixel box? and so on.....

can someone with more knowlage about this help help me out--like roughly how much would a 100x100px box cost monthly??

commen sences tells me that...

1, a ad on the home page would cost more
2, a bigger ad space would cost more
3, (my website) gets unique visiters everyday from all over the world which means (the advertized website) will get more views and possibly get more visiters-- can that be considered into the monthly fee?
emilsp
Trust:
Perhaps the most important factor here is the traffic of your website.

It's also important where you place these ads. Above the fold should be more expensive, the size of the ads is also important. Without knowing how much visitors your site gets it's not possible to tell you how much it should cost.

If you've run Adsense on your site, you could use your Adsense revenue as an indicator.

nates450r
Trust:
well, my site gets 100-200 visits a day im assuming the webmaster would want his ad above the fold on the hompage.
sonitin
Trust:
You can either go to other banner sites like buysellads.com and see whats the typical rate being charged by sites in your network or you can judge the price by adsense estimates. If you are unsure then don't go for a long contract.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

nates450r
Trust:
to be honest i want to offer a fare price-- i will check out that website above

im not running adsense on my site right now- this webmaster just asked out of the blue if i would put a text ad on my site

quick question, knowing the answer might vary greatly depending on the niche in general do text ad's or banner ads convert better?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I get those kind of emails all the time, they usually go in the junk file for me. personally, I would rather have an affiliate add, they usually pay better over the long term.

depends on the banner and the text. usually a banner will be ignored, but bad text copy will do worse than a good banner.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

nates450r
Trust:
ok thanks for your input

This topic was started on Aug 13, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.