Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How Much Social Bookmarking do you pepole Perform?

PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:

How Much Social Bookmarking do you pepole Perform?

Hello All,

I am just curious to know how much social bookmarking are you performing and is it a big part of your overall backlinking/makering plan? Personally I have not really done much bookmarking merely just for Indexing quickly. Do you find any benefits from it other than indexing quickly? do you use tools such as bookmarking deamon or any other type of bookarming services? With most of these tools I find they are just blatan spam tools to promote yourself with. I am just curious to hear about your strategies.

-Matts
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

teamrama
Trust:
I do it manually..it helps with getting people to have a look at your site. It does take much of your time as you have to be involved in interacting with those who are in your network...

I think it gives you good exposure..that's IF you interact and not just post your links as a lot of people do..
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
yeh, to get any real benefit out of social bookmarking, you do have to be social, otherwise stop wasting time with it.

I spend about 1 hour/day on bookmarking my sites. part of that time is posting and part of it is socializing on my profiles. I try to spend 15 -20 minutes every week commenting making friends requests and building up my standing in the community. it doesn't take long, and I recommend limiting to 10 or so bookmarking sites. you really don't need more than that.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
captain
Trust:
Only use bookmarking when ever new content is added to the site.

I dont really believe in automated tools, but a semi automated social bookmarking tool can be very useful, the main benefits to this is purely to help increase the indexing as it lets Google know there is a new page/ new content added to a site.

This topic was started on Aug 30, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.