Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How much should I charge for my eBook?

idleme125
Trust:

How much should I charge for my eBook?

How much should an ebook sell for? How many pages should it be? I have seen several internet marketers present information in ebooks that can be found on the internet, not info that is original. I am not talking about internet marketing, make money etc stuff. I mean more of the "how to's" type of ebooks. I am looking at doing this but I have many questions. The reason I ask is that when you go to Amazon you can get a published book on almost anything with a couple hundred pages around $15!! It doesnt seem worth the sweat to do this although many gurus are selling this idea that seems overblown in how much you can actually make...Im off on a rant here but it looks like the money is in selling ideas on how to make money based on the archaic days of the internet that really dont work anymore considering so many people are trying to make money to quit their jobs like I am. Making $50 a month is not a business.....its a hobby to keep busy. I've seen so many sites and they look so amateurish and they claim that this type of site will make money, just "rinse and repeat". I really really really want to believe, but its hard when you see such good looking sites out there that are so well put together that I as a consumer would buy from them first. However, these sites have an army of employees to get that look.
Last edited by michellerana on 09 Feb 10 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title

idleme125
Trust:
A N Y B O D Y out there? how about a moderator? any suggestions?
PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
Hi idleme125,

I would take a look at what other people are charging for eBooks in the same industry, and then just try testing a few different price points. There a quite a few ebooks for sale on eBay and Craigslist, so that could be a good place to start.

As for length, I would say least 40 pages to make it worth the money, and up to about 60-80 pages. You can pad it out a bit with graphics and formatting.

This isn't really our area of expertise, but I hope that provides some help :)
staciewalker
Trust:
I have a two suggestions on how to determine the best price for your ebook. Your ebook price should be within reason, because a lot of people freely share their ebooks.

Suggestion #1

A good way to determine your price is to research other ebooks similiar to your message. Find the highest and lowest priced ebooks, then calulate the average price for your ebook.

Suggestion #2

Split test two different ebook prices and find out which price gets the most response.

I hope my advice will be of some assistance to you and your business goals.
Stacie Walker | Online Radio Host and Business Consultant
http://www.WomanInLeadership.com
Contact Phone: 1-210-764-9289
Email: Stacie@WomanInLeadership.com

jcdean
Trust:
If I were to make my own product I would go with $7.00 to build a big mailing list, that could be sold to over and over.

I suggest you read an ebook the $7.00 secret (you can google it) It only costs $7.00
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I usually make ebooks 150+ pages and sell them for $37 - $67, but that's just me.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

This topic was started on Feb 08, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.