Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How much of affiliate marketing success is hype

chants
Trust:

How much of affiliate marketing success is hype

Hi

I have been hanging my hopes on making a success with affiliate marketing having been very inspired by Marks blogging bootcamp. This question is very critical for me and needs an honest answer. I received an email saying that only 17 % of affiliate marketers really earn decent money and the rest just struggle on because they dont know the inside strategies which are always kept a well-guarded secret by the successful marketers. I was very disillusioned when I read this. But then I regained some hope when I read about the Affioblueprint course. However I am terrified to spend money on hype. Mark seems to be a sincere person- but my husband says " be careful - everybody is trying to sell something - and they'll make you believe anything." I am a dedicated person and am able to make things work - but I dont have time to go chasing after an illusion
esolutions
Trust:
Hi Chants,

I would agree with your husband, yes, everyone is trying to sell something, including Affiloblueprint. However, Affiloblueprint is not hype, if you follow the instructions and really work at it, you will see results.

I would also say that the percentage of affiliate marketers earning decent money is probably much less than 17%, but it's not due to some closely guarded secrets (of course there are special strategies and such, but the real secret is hard work and consistency).

If you have the time and drive, go for it, get Affiloblueprint and get to work!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

chants
Trust:
Thanks. Just like to know if you're speaking from personal experience ?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I am, and let me say, the reason most people fail in this business is not the program it is the failure to focus on one system. Affiloblueprint is a great system to learn affiliate marketing. numerous people have succeeded because of it. However, you have to focus and work all the way through. It may take a little longer, it took mine almost 3 months to start making any sales and almost 6 for it to be consistent, but it does work.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

chants
Trust:
Thanks a lot. I feel a lot better and quite excited now
guitarjoe
Trust:
I am too, but I haven't bought Affiloblueprint (yet). I've been at this for awhile now with lots of ups and downs, but it's been my primary source of income for over two years now.

I agree 100% with jmpruitt about focusing on ONE system. There's so much information out there that we're getting hit with and it's just not possible to process all of it or act on it. The result for most people is complete paralysis because they don't know which way to go.

I've eliminated everything else now and I'm focusing almost exclusively on building blogs the way Mark is teaching. I've always known that doing this and building lists was the best way to go for long term success, but I was involved in other stuff until a couple months ago.

Just pick one thing to do that is PROVEN to work and then do it and nothing else.

Set attainable goals and do your best to reach them.

Make sure you've got a good support system in place so you can ask questions if you get stuck.

DON'T be afraid to ask questions! This has been a biggie for me in the past. It seems like every forum has one jerk that will pop up and say something stupid because someone asks a simple question. That's so wrong to do that. Everyone is new at one point. I visited another popular forum recently and it was like that. Complete jerks!

Don't let anyone get to you. If you're embarrassed to ask in front of everyone then just find one person that seems to know what they're doing and send them a private message or email support for help.

Never, EVER give up!!!

Anyway, I'm rambling again. I hope that helps you. :-)

Joe
bartko09
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:I am, and let me say, the reason most people fail in this business is not the program it is the failure to focus on one system.

Couldn't agree more. I was on dozens of mailing lists where folks were promoting products surrounding affiliate marketing. I stumbled onto affilorama almost by accident after months of bouncing from ebook to ebook and membership site to membership site. One piece of advice I can give is to get off of all these mailing lists. Once you've agreed to commit to one strategy (AB 2.0 in my case) than the vendor of that strategy should be the only affiliate that you're getting emails from. It will cut down on the product offers that you get daily and will help to filter out the 'crap'.

I've been educating myself on this topic for about 6 months now and although I'm still a newbi the most valuable piece of advice I've been given so far is to stick with it. The majority of affiliate marketers fail because they give up too soon. Also, failure it to be expected. Luckily it's cheep to fail on the internet vs failing at a brick and mortar establishment. Hope this helps! :)

[/ramble] lol
chants
Trust:
Thanks - interesting to hear whats happening to other people
potpiegirl
Trust:
Hi Chants!

I think you asked some great questions and voiced some genuine concerns that MANY people have... thank you!

I've been working online since Feb 2007 (coming up on 3 years for me...my how time flies!). I make a nice living online... actually, more than I ever dreamed (please know I don't say that to brag).

Did it happen overnight? Heck NO! Was it dead-simple easy to where even a 3 year old could do it? Heck NO!

To me, learning internet marketing was like walking into a college/university for some advanced degree only to find every class I need to take with the door open, the books open, but NO ONE to show me where to start, no one to help me learn, and no one to help me implement what I was learning.

Yes, over-whelming...very, very over-whelming.

Whenever you attempt to learn ANYTHING new, there is some fear and some doubt...and a learning curve.

The same is true with internet marketing.

The questions you ask are absolutely THE questions you SHOULD be asking. While no one can guarantee that this will work for YOU, I can tell you that it all does work very well for ME.

I work with, talk to, and try to help many many "newbies" to the internet marketing business. Some of these folks are looking to make some "side money" while many of them are looking to replace their current source of income (ie, quit their J.O.B.!).

The biggest "failure factor" that I see is failure to take consistent constructive ACTION.

This is not a business where you put up one web page and get rich... this does not happen overnight....

It DOES take time and learning how to create the results you want online... and then scaling those results (then repeat, repeat, repeat).

The "hardest part" is the skills we need are NOT the skills we are taught in school - it's all new, and therefor, a bit intimidating.

Please don't let fear and/or doubt stand in your way of learning and taking action. The very best results to answer your own questions are the results you create yourself.

I wish you all the best of luck!

Jennifer
~PotPieGirl
chants
Trust:
Thanks so much Jennifer - this is really encouraging
potpiegirl
Trust:
You're most welcome!

It's tough getting going on all this - but very, very do-able.

I took the "self-education" route and that is SOOOOOO hard and made most things take so much longer than they needed to. I am glad to see you are here and learning from Mark.

He's good stuff =)

Jennifer
~PotPieGirl
PremiumMember
elogic0007
Trust:
I`ve been online for about 18 months now, I have some major successes but in the beginning since I did not know what I was doing I was spinning my wheels and running from ebook to membership site and back again, I was totally blown away when I came across marks strategy and it made perfect sense, since that time I have been with affilorama I have managed to build a army of affiliate sites in differant niches using the exact steps as laid out in the course to give you an idea imagine 100 sites each site is optimised for a minimum of 1 sale per day,,,, how many sales would it take for you to be financially free.??? this is the power of the course, if you follow it success will be knocking on your door however this is not a fly by night scenario, you have to put the work in and you have to be focused or things will take that much longer... I love the course and the community were everyone helps each over... I hope that my input has got you thinking,....if you need more help then pm me ... with your questions or post them here I`ll be glad to answer them... abundance is a way of life
chants
Trust:
thanks for the feedback - it is very encouraging
money7eagl
Trust:
thanks for good information,i want to share one more thing with you people that best affiliate programs give you opportunity to work once and earn persistently.
Check out residual affiliate programs and get lifetime money.

smuigal
Trust:
Internet marketing is FULL OF HYPE. However, it is also a real way to make money. Over the years the hype has become so bad that in order to get anyone to buy anything anymore it seems like saying earn $2,000 per month doesn't get anyone as excited as earn $2,000 per minute. I'm sure that expression is just around the corner to being released.

The truth is that making huge profits requires that you spend HUGE amounts of money. Regardless of whether that money is spent in outsourcing or PPC, you have to spend or invest a lot of it to make a lot of it. You can make money with zero investment... I'm saying that in order to make thousands of dollars a week.... you have to spend hundreds of dollars a week.

There were two launches this year that claimed to earn around $20,000 in a month using their "system". One of those programs failed to tell you that more than 60% of that income was spent in PPC earning it. They also failed to tell people that they "owned" the clickbank product they were selling which made the Adwords compaigns a two step selling process rather than a three step process. Those two things right there tell you that most people will not succeed with that "system". Not those figures, not that fast.

The second program launched that made those claims had similar facts and figures all hidden and avoided.

The fact is that those systems do work. But ... they will not work for everyone. And the HUGE profits come at a price.

For instance... I have inside information on this "newb" that earned $37,000 in one month selling affiliate products. Sounds impressive right? Well, the product he sold earned him $1,000 per sale. So, that means he only had about 37 sales.

How much did he spend making those sales? I also happen to know that he spent about $700.00 to make every sale.

So, let's see... now how much did he really earn in a month? $11,100. I think that's a pretty impressive number. Why did they claim he earned $37,000 instead of his real profit of over $10k? Because the bigger number is so much more impressive. How impressive is it to say a brand new marketer had 37 sales his first month? Not very. But $37,000 his first month sounds like he could have had hundreds of sales.

Mark Lings program is an honest approach to Internet marketing. You will find plenty of testimonials in here, including mine, that prove that you can make good money online by working hard and following a successful blueprint like AB.

Just remember that you'll have to go through a learning curve. Remember that you are going to be bribed to buy buy buy buy buy more products, test out other systems and pretty much be told there are faster and better ways to make money online if you "buy this NEW system".

If you buy AB, stick it out. Work the program. Remember to build a site on a hot product, not something that you and a few friends personally think is fantastic.

Once you can afford to do so, outsource as much as you possible can.

Oh... and the other thing I wish everyone could avoid is paying for one on one coaching from people who call you up and ask you, "How is your Internet business going?". I get these calls all the time. I say, "It's going great, I'm making tons of money, take me off your list".

I'm not saying personal coaching is bad. I've had some awesome personal coaching. I'm saying the telemarketing coaching programs are NOT to be trusted.

Tons of hype out there, but there is also great programs like AB that can help you reach your goal of quitting your offline job. I quite mine after building my first AB site. You can do it, just work the program.

:)
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

wingman77
Trust:
Just want to have a say here. I'm new here so first I need to say hello and apologize if I speak out of turn or say the wrong thing.
Firstly I'm 6 months in and very annoyed with the whole thing.
Have tried a lot of courses, read a lot of ebooks and spent a lot of money.
Used many of the keyword assessment programs and recently built a site which met all the criteria.
Unfortunately the information provided by the tools...including Mark's showed me traffic that isnt there!
So now I have the site, fully optimised, with a lot of articles out there and its based on no traffic keywords!
Even tried some of the coaching discussed above.
I am sick of the sell. For every buyer there are 10 sellers!!
For every niche there are hundreds of sellers!
I am slowly moving to a test, test, test, step, test, test, test, step, model because I feel like I cannot trust anything in this business. No problem paying for stuff. But it must work!!
Coaching's just a huge joke. Most of them dont know anything. If they do they wont tell you. If you do something that works they will go do it themselves in competition to you!
And try to talk to anyone, they want US$500 an hour!.
I echo comments on this blog. Sales is not income. Cost of sales sometimes exceeds income!
Sales need traffic.
I'm proceeding with a trial and error approach because the "tools" are unreliable.
I challenge anybody thats made it to job replacement to prove me wrong.
Because I want to be wrong! But so far I'm right!
pzenji
Trust:
Hey Chants,

Alot of thi internet marketing is hype. I would say well over 50% is but again that is my personal opinion.
Mark's stuff works and it helped me go from $0.00 to a few hundred recently.
Anyhow, you will only succeed at this if you follow one system until it delivers results.
Trying to "run around" won't help but bring frustration to your attempts.
If I were you I would buy Mark's AffiloBlueprint and work through the whole course.

Wish you all the best.
Dennis
I'm not here to sell you anything but glad to help whenever I can only through Pivate Msg.

This topic was started on Dec 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.