Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How Much Money Do You Guys Make?

rudolf
Trust:

How Much Money Do You Guys Make?

Hello guys,

just this evening I was reading the Reviewica forum, following spider's story. I mean, I'm not exactly excited about the sales. Where are the thousands of dollars that were supposed to made? It's all just so depressing because I hardly read about any success stories here on the forum.

I wonder, how did Mark make all of his millions..?

I'm just getting the feeling that all of this is nearly impossible, unless you already have thousands of dollars to expirement with, and even then, it seems like trying the lottery. If I could spend 40 hours in a week working on a project, what would be my forecast? Would it still take years to earn a full-time income?

So what are the chances that are involved? How much time and money do I need, if I wanted to earn a full-time income in a year? What ARE the odds?

Now I am really serious about my project. I've probably got a lot more time on my hands than most people here. We're even working with two persons here - yes it means splitting up income - but also costs, and hours available are doubled. I refuse spending the rest of my life working hard every day while someone else leaves with the big money.

So how much money do YOU guys make? What about the forum admins? Are you just managing the forum..? Or having serious success? And, is there a way of predicting my chances of success, by calculating the amount of time and budget available? At least it would give my plenty of confidence and strength to really start working.

Thanks, and regards,

- Rudolf
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Rudolf wrote:Hello guys,

just this evening I was reading the Reviewica forum, following spider's story. I mean, I'm not exactly excited about the sales. Where are the thousands of dollars that were supposed to made? It's all just so depressing because I hardly read about any success stories here on the forum.

I wonder, how did Mark make all of his millions..?

I'm just getting the feeling that all of this is nearly impossible, unless you already have thousands of dollars to expirement with, and even then, it seems like trying the lottery. If I could spend 40 hours in a week working on a project, what would be my forecast? Would it still take years to earn a full-time income?

So what are the chances that are involved? How much time and money do I need, if I wanted to earn a full-time income in a year? What ARE the odds?

Now I am really serious about my project. I've probably got a lot more time on my hands than most people here. We're even working with two persons here - yes it means splitting up income - but also costs, and hours available are doubled. I refuse spending the rest of my life working hard every day while someone else leaves with the big money.

So how much money do YOU guys make? What about the forum admins? Are you just managing the forum..? Or having serious success? And, is there a way of predicting my chances of success, by calculating the amount of time and budget available? At least it would give my plenty of confidence and strength to really start working.

Thanks, and regards,

- Rudolf

Rudolf,

I think you are doubting yourself too much and that is what is holding you back. You won't know what kind of income YOU can make unless YOU get to work. No one else can do it for you. Mark has been doing it for seven years roughly. A fair question would be to ask you how much you make in seven years, if you worked as hard as Mark did.

This business relies heavily on two personal factors. Personal motivation and commitment. You need them hand in hand to succeed on the internet. The best way to know is to just get started.

Also, as with anything in life, you will not see a lot of gripes from those who do well. The complainers will always complain and that means a lot less people will be raving on the forum about their own personal income, for one reason, it's personal. There are those who have done well because of commitment but are rather quiet.

I think it would be best if you got to work on 1 site/idea and get it ranked or what have you. After you do that, you will have an idea of what amount of work is needed and whether or not you want to continue with other sites. The way to learn is through practice. A full time income is dependent on how many sites you have going / the effort you give it /and your startup capital. I would say it takes a least a year to get "underway".
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Rudolf, you asked some questions that are pretty hard to answer.

The past couple of months, I've made more than both my parents make combined. As a 22 year old, I don't think that's too bad at all.

But the great thing is that now I have some cash, I can spend it so that I can make even more.

I think there is a lot of inertia in this industry. When you don't have any cash, the inertia can be hard to overcome, but once you start rolling, watch out.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
eddie53
Trust:
Hi Rudolf,

Sean is right about a business gaining momentum. This has been my experience in the past.
The first thing I discussed with my partner regarding a new business (offline business) we are starting is how we should be plowing all the profits back into the business to generate more growth.

If you read reviewica, you will see the post by Spider that says he is making decent profits from the site...
http://www.affilorama.com/members/forum/where-are-you-vt780.html
that is why he stopped posting, he doesn't want to share anymore about his success.

Reviewica is a great example of most peoples experience in business, online or off. They give up, or want to, just before the breakthrough.
georgeb
Trust:
I'm earning more than I've ever earned in a full time job and I started from nothing here.

You've got to make it work, there is no other option and no room for doubt.

Why not start by taking action and build a quality site and go from there? We're all there to help look at your sites and offer feedback.

A lot of us who are new to earning a full time living online (I've been making a full time living for the last 2 months) may offer a fresh perspective that others who have been going for ages may have lost.

George
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
georgeb wrote:I'm earning more than I've ever earned in a full time job and I started from nothing here.

You've got to make it work, there is no other option and no room for doubt.

Why not start by taking action and build a quality site and go from there? We're all there to help look at your sites and offer feedback.

A lot of us who are new to earning a full time living online (I've been making a full time living for the last 2 months) may offer a fresh perspective that others who have been going for ages may have lost.

George

That's great to hear George! PPC or SEO?
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I think there are a lot of very good answers here. A lot of other products out there will advertise the potential to make millions per year with very little effort. The examples you see on their sales pages are exactly what you've pointed out... people who have struck it lucky. Not to say that it can't be done... but remember that they post these numbers to generate sales. Not to provide a realistic example of what newbies can expect.

The examples you see on the Affilorama sales page are REAL examples. Bear in mind that Affilorama has been around for less than a year, so most of our members have been affiliates for less than a year. We see a lot of them earning full-time incomes. That's pretty cool. I don't doubt that within another year or two, those guys will be going great guns.

I think you would really benefit by watching my mindset of an affiliate lesson, if you haven't already. It answers a lot of the questions you're asking.

Also you could spend less time analyzing the grammar of my products' sales pages, and start creating your own site. It would help you a hang of a lot more. :)

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

geoff pun
Trust:
:( i do agree being a newbie, its a big blue out there, i am not denying i worry of the risk & failure factor, but i do know that with help from all you guys at the forum & the education of the various lessons, risks can be minimize or predicted because one is armed with the right knowledge. Also i may keep you good people inform of my progress because it sort of hold me accountable if motivation or discipline fails me more often & less. ( just like Adrian said)
elmo033057
Trust:
Dear Affilobud Rudolf,

Listen, dude, I feel your pain. However, any business venture is loaded with twists, turns and peril. It is also loaded with blood, sweat, tears and.....Success!!!

I have been running an embroidery business online for almost 5 years now and have had very little success. As a matter of fact, I'm closing it down this year because I'm just plain tired and I took a big loss on taxes..

I am a private school teacher with a heavy workload of 6 classes a day. I have been running my business at night sometimes until 3 or 4 in the morning. I have taken every type of marketing class imaginable on online marketing as well as offline marketing. But you know what? I'll never give up. I may not have been successful with the embroidery biz, but I have taught myself so many things as far as the Internet is concerned, I just know I can make some money online!

I watch Donald Trump on his Apprentice show quite frequently and his main theme is, "Don't ever be a quitter!!!" Sure, you can shift business gears and try new things, if the old ideas are not working, but don't give up.

Besides, what would you have everyone say? Yeah you're right, Rudolf, go ahead and quit. You are probably no good in business anyway. Let's go and relax in a recliner and forget about business.

God Forbid!!!!!!

Listen, Mark Ling has provided awesome support and help, here on Affilorama, and even if I don't make a dime online I'm sure the knowledge will come in handy. As a matter of fact, a biproduct of working with my Affilobuds and Buddettes has already started to emerge. Real Estate people want me to build their sites for them now, so now I am a site developer. Am I awesome at building beautiful Web sites? Hell No!!! But I can now build a fast, loadable fully functional site that will allow me to help them market their sites as well as get them online.

Ohhhh!!! There's the Bell!!!

Gotta Go!

God Bless & Flame-On!!!

ELMO :mrgreen:
Mark Ellis a.k.a. "ELMO" Owner Ellistrations http://www.ellistrations.com

amroch
Trust:
elmo033057 wrote:Dear Affilobud Rudolf,

Listen, dude, I feel your pain. However, any business venture is loaded with twists, turns and peril. It is also loaded with blood, sweat, tears and.....Success!!!

I have been running an embroidery business online for almost 5 years now and have had very little success. As a matter of fact, I'm closing it down this year because I'm just plain tired and I took a big loss on taxes..

I am a private school teacher with a heavy workload of 6 classes a day. I have been running my business at night sometimes until 3 or 4 in the morning. I have taken every type of marketing class imaginable on online marketing as well as offline marketing. But you know what? I'll never give up. I may not have been successful with the embroidery biz, but I have taught myself so many things as far as the Internet is concerned, I just know I can make some money online!

I watch Donald Trump on his Apprentice show quite frequently and his main theme is, "Don't ever be a quitter!!!" Sure, you can shift business gears and try new things, if the old ideas are not working, but don't give up.

Besides, what would you have everyone say? Yeah you're right, Rudolf, go ahead and quit. You are probably no good in business anyway. Let's go and relax in a recliner and forget about business.

God Forbid!!!!!!

Listen, Mark Ling has provided awesome support and help, here on Affilorama, and even if I don't make a dime online I'm sure the knowledge will come in handy. As a matter of fact, a biproduct of working with my Affilobuds and Buddettes has already started to emerge. Real Estate people want me to build their sites for them now, so now I am a site developer. Am I awesome at building beautiful Web sites? Hell No!!! But I can now build a fast, loadable fully functional site that will allow me to help them market their sites as well as get them online.

Ohhhh!!! There's the Bell!!!

Gotta Go!

God Bless & Flame-On!!!

Well said Elmo. Very motivating. I hope one day you are going to make a lot from your online business.

Amroch
elmo033057
Trust:
Dear Affilo-bud Amroch,

Well said Elmo. Very motivating. I hope one day you are going to make a lot from your online business.

Thanks for the well wishes and kind words, my friend. I hope and wish the same on all of my Affilobuds and Budettes.

I think another key to this whole thing is education. You have to constantly research and implement. That's what I absolutely love about this forum and the awesome job Mark Ling has done here. There is a great support team that I'm using almost on a daily basis. I really don't take too many steps without asking all types of questions and everyone here that I usually talk to like Sean06, Promocode, Mark, & Adrian have been incredible helpers and mentors through all of this proccess.

So, pour your guts into your business and focus on the prize.

For further inspiration, here are quotes by Thomas Edison, inventor of the incandescent light bulb:

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

"There is no expedient to which a man will not go to avoid the labor of thinking."

"Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work."

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

And finally, here is one that I think is most pertinent to the subject we are talking about:

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

God Bless and Flame-On!!!

Elmo
:mrgreen:

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Good stuff Elmo
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Glad to see you back at your best elmo :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Great quotes Elmo. You could do a roaring trade moonlighting as a motivational speaker ;)
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

elmo033057
Trust:
Dear Affilo-buds and Budettes,

Thanks so much for all of the kind words they were a welcome break from all of the wonderful things that were said to me today.

Today I turned 50. When I came into the school where I teach at they played a piece of music called "Funeral March".

On the loud speaker they announced that I am 50 years old today. They played the theme from the old T.V. show "Hawaii 5-0".

My students wore black. They gave me the most lovely birthday cards. Here are a couple of quotes from the cards:

" No wonder you teach History.....You were there!"

"Birthdays are like boogers....The more you have, the harder it is to breathe!"

"I feel sorry for the person that has to put all of those candles on your cake."

"You look great for someone 50 years old....The people at the morgue did such a great job with your makeup."

"You look like a million dollars....All green and wrinkled!"

Yes, yes..... it was such a special day. They gave me baby food for lunch and a box of Depends.

Well, I must admit, it is difficult being positive in such a land of joy, but I will keep on perservering.

To start out my next 50 years, here is my new creed:

I don't care if all of the varacose veins in my legs explode....I'll never give up!

If the rest of my teeth ( all 3 of them) fall out ....I'll never give up!

If I remain constapated for another 90 days....I'll never give up!

If the [word banned] factory happens to run out....(choke)...I'll never give up!

Why? Why will I never give up? Because Donald Trump as ugly and old and wrinkled as he is, still gets all the good looking chicks because he's got all of the %$#@%ing money!!!!

That's why I'll never give up.

......You all will have the good sense NOT to tell my wife I said all of this....Won't you?

God Bless and Flame-On!

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thanks for putting a smile on my face elmo. I think you should definitely take another look at Marks last post :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

freekdl
Trust:
lol, happy birthday elmo!
and don't worry, life starts at 50 ;)
colinlim
Trust:
The issue with the line "I'm making more than I did in my full time job" is, it really depends on how much you were making in your full time job! If you were just working at Maccas, then eclipsing what you made there might not be that difficult.

I guess the question is dependent on everyone's circumstances again. For me, I want to find work/life balance. In my full time line of work, I could get to the $500k-1m p.a mark if I sacrificed my life & my marriage (I've seen this happen to too many of my friends/colleagues) but thats not wht I want.

I'm hoping this internet marketing will allow me to have lifestyle. It sounds like I need to put the hard yards in first & then lifestyle might come later - a year down the track say. Sounds OK I guess.

I hope by learning from Mark et. al it aint going to take me the 6-9 years it took them. Fingers crossed...
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh that's right. You can earn a lot of money in some jobs, but you have to exchange your entire life for it. Just look at the CEOs of large companies.

But when you own a business, you can just pay people to do all the work for you, so eventually you're doing less and less work.

Although at 22, sitting on the beach for the rest of my life doesn't really appeal to me :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

elmo033057
Trust:
Colinlim,

People that make a lot of money usually have made all sorts of sacrifices there is no doubt about that. You have to decide if luxuries and lifestyle should come before family. If you are single, then that is not usually a problem but family has to come first and that may not make you rich. This business requires time and if you don't have the time it is going to be hard to make money at it.

I have been reading quite a few books on the wealthy and it seems to me that most of them had a vocation that got them the financial position they were in before they had a family.

If you don't believe me read up on Schwartznegger, Buffett, Spielberg, Gates and Trump.
Vince Limbardi said,

"The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary."

I agree!!!
God Bless & Flame - On!!!

ELMO :mrgreen: [/b]

seasprite
Trust:
yes a total newbie here about 24hrs of which 12 or more have been spent crossed eyed staring at the computer screen trying to figure out where the button for "ENGLISH"is...lol,tho i am now proud to report i caught on to the fact html is no a disease process,and in fact viral entities can be good,and are not to be treated with bleach or lysol.

in all seriousness,as much as i can,it would seem likeley that you experts could predict a very rough guideline in order for us wanna bees to project realisitc goals(as suggested in your coaching spot)

given that i can barely set up an email account unaided,if i devote 2 hours a day to this is it reasonable to expect an income of say 1000usd per month in 3 months?using one website?or how many?

ps
a VERY big atta boy to mark et all,i spent a month finding your program and feel i can be proud to be connected with this venture...i appreciate the integrity and spirit found here
stevenar
Trust:
I would say 3 months from the time you learn how to make websites and learn all the different money making techniques and SEO stuff you can easily make 1000 a month.. much much more is possible but it all depends on how much you put into it.

To give you some motivation. I started in December and I'm working full time from home. The amount im making is growing every month on top of that. You will learn everything you need to know from this site. Watch the videos over and over and over and understand every word of it. Stick with it and you WILL make money.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey seasprite, thanks for the "atta boy" :)

How much you can earn after three months depends on a hell of a lot of things. How much time you're putting into things, how fast you can learn (if you can barely set up an email account unaided I reckon you'll spend a little time figuring out how to make web pages first), which market you choose, and how much you want to spend getting things going.

USD$1000/month is a pretty reasonable target if you really knuckle down and get going. I expect that you'll have to spend a bit of time working out how to put things together though, so if you don't reach this target in three months don't worry too much. Once you've learned the ropes things will start happening faster.

As for how many sites to build... For a beginner I think that if you can get two sites going in three months that'll be a good achievement. Once you've got them going and earning about $20/day each, you'll be at your $1000/month target and you'll be able to start with other projects. Again, things will move faster once you know how to do it. Your first site will probably take you ages :)

Good luck!
Mark

seasprite
Trust:
:lol:
thank you both so much
i especially appreciate the encouragement from a fellow relative newbie!!!

mark it is so appreciated and amazing that you take the time and invest the energy to muddle thru with us.

it may well have been addressed already

given my lack of techie skills,where would be a good resource to hire someone to set up the basic thing...or would it be better to muddle along

my thought is to get going asap,once ive developed a bit of income them bungle my way at leisure thru building one.

input most welcomed and greatly appreciated!
stevenar
Trust:
What I would do is have someone make you a website then watch the videos.. you'll learn something from the video and apply it to your site. Everytime you learn something just apply what you learned. Slowly your site will look better. Then start studying the code of the site and teach yourself some HTML and CSS, its very helpful for when you want to make corrections to the site and in the future you won't need to spend money on a web designer. And don't worry its pretty easy.. theres just some code that you need to memorize then you need to remember where to place the code.

Get a site up now cuz it can be a slow process of getting it indexed and getting page rankings up. By the time you learn everything your site may have a couple links to it already and will be indexed by google.

Thats just what i would do..
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
It could be a good idea to hire someone to create your first site, although if you've never built a website before, it's going to be hard to know exactly what you want. If you're going to go this way, I'd recommend a couple of things:

1) Do a good hunt around the internet for sites that are similar to the one you want to create. They don't necessarily need to be in the same market (you're not getting your designer to create the content) but they do need to be a similar structure. ie. Is it an article site with a review page? How many columns do you want on the page? Do you want a big header up the top? Do you need little boxes here and there? What sort of navigation do you want? Try to create a website "scrapbook" full of ideas of things you want. This will save you a lot of time going back and forward with your designer.

2) I don't imagine that you have a bucketload of cash to spend on getting it built, so there are a couple of options: Post the job on a site like elance.com. (This is good because you'll often be able to get it done quite cheaply, although the quality of the work can vary dramatically and you often get what you pay for.) Or find someone locally to create the site for you. You could try schools or colleges, or even putting an ad in the paper. It won't cost as much as going to an actual company for the design, and if you get a student who wants something good in their portfolio you might get away with paying relatively little, yet having them on hand to offer revisions and show you how things work.

You should be able to get the site built for you, and you should be able to outsource the SEO, but you'll still need to do a bit of learning and work before you'll start seeing the real profits. But as Stevenar recommended, try getting a basic site up and then watch the videos and implement the things you learn as you go. It's much easier to absorb and retain the information if you're actually putting it into practice as you go... it'll all be much more relevant.

All the best,
Mark

seasprite
Trust:
thanks both,

good information to have.

what i understand is the critical piece is to get something out there,then make it pretty..right?
stevenar
Trust:
lol yep something like that