Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How much do you have to spend to earn big $$$ on the net?

futurewealth
Trust:

How much do you have to spend to earn big $$$ on the net?

Hi Guys,
I believe Affilorama is the real deal.
However I was wondering if I can get some thoughts from you guys.
I am a stay at home dad and on part welfare income and my wife works.
Our money situation is not good and to be quite honest bankruptcy is approaching.
I am trying to climb out of the hole I have dug for myself and the situations that have led me to the point I am at in my life.

I thought OK..I know you can make good income with affiliate marketing but how much will it cost me to do it and start up.
After watching mark's video's...I see that I need to Pay $40 a month plus money to Run my business and $299 to pay yahoo to get my site on there etc....it seems to me I will need $500 to $1000 to get this business of the ground.
This is not an option for me.

So what do I do guys...based on my situation , is this road I am taking with affiliate marketing the right road or do I look elsewhere?

Any thoughts from you guys is much appreciated.
Please Help me get out of this Hole...I have big dreams but depressed at the whole situation I am in...but I am determined to win.
Troy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You don't need a lot of money to get started. One thing you should learn and learn fast because I did not. Do not let your emotions influence your business decisions. The two should be seperated completely.

Adrian,
alvintan
Trust:
Troy,

You really don't need to spend that much. If you follow the 90-day plan, all you need is a domain (about 8.95/yr) and hosting (about 6.95/mo) and you're ready to start building your website. Fill it with blogs and content and when the traffic starts coming in - MONETIZE it (Adsense, Affiliate Links, etc).

If you want a free way to start, try http://www.bummarketingmethod.com.

Remember, Affiliate Marketing is not about setting up your own store, but just sending traffic to ready-made products and you earn commissions on the sale.

@
futurewealth
Trust:
So when you monetize the site..adsense revenue would be small yes? as its just 1 site.
Also any affilate links would have to relate to your site Eg: Pies would need Pie affilliate links?

Thanks

alvintan wrote:Troy,

You really don't need to spend that much. If you follow the 90-day plan, all you need is a domain (about 8.95/yr) and hosting (about 6.95/mo) and you're ready to start building your website. Fill it with blogs and content and when the traffic starts coming in - MONETIZE it (Adsense, Affiliate Links, etc).

If you want a free way to start, try http://www.bummarketingmethod.com.

Remember, Affiliate Marketing is not about setting up your own store, but just sending traffic to ready-made products and you earn commissions on the sale.

@
alvintan
Trust:
futurewealth wrote:So when you monetize the site..adsense revenue would be small yes? as its just 1 site.
Also any affilate links would have to relate to your site Eg: Pies would need Pie affilliate links?

Thanks

Yes, Adsense will be small, but it'll pay for your domains and hosting and yes, the affiliates will be for your niche. If you watch the videos again, you'll see that the most important is niche research. You can't cast a wide net, has to be tight and focused.

If you have 60 articles and about 200 blog post (after a year), your traffic can be quite amazing and you'll earn residual income from that site. Now imagine multiplying that to 4 sites a year?
futurewealth
Trust:
Thanks,
So what would you guys recommend if I only wanted to start of promoting other peoples affilliate products EG: affilorama etc...or e-product....
as I dont have a big budget?
I want to earn some quick money to inject into everything I do..so its self funding?
alvintan
Trust:
What are you passionate about? Start from there and build a website thats about that subject. Its not going to be quick I must tell you, it takes awhile before you gain momentum...
jean
Trust:
I'm struggling a bit too and like Troy, intend to make a go of this.

However, I just tried to sign up to register three linked domains, but when I registered for hosting, the cost leaped to a whopping $98 USD. That's about $200 NZ. I thought the costs in the 90-day road map were in NZD.

I didn't press the button.

Any advice

Thanks

Jean, Auckland, NZ

:shock:
alvintan
Trust:
Jean,

where did you register and what do you mean linked domains? have you seen Affilorama Hosting? http://www.affilorama.com/hosting/

All the costs are usually in USD.

@
jean
Trust:
Hi there,

Thank you\s for the prompt reply. I thought I was on Affilorama hosting. I'm sure I went through it.

Maybe I did something wrong

Thanks,

Jean
aquabuddha
Trust:
I agree. There are so many Free Sites out there and Free Resources. If you use blogger, that is free. A web domain on 1 and 1.com costs $6, Hosting with Hostgator only costs like $10 per month. Hostgator has many built in features for FREE.
You also have to understand that any business requires some money somewhere. Sure its a great story going from no money to money - however if your idea is Quick Money - Get a Job Temporarily to Fuel Fast Growth - -

I agree with what was said before dont let Emotions get in the way of Business. Emotions and Belief Values is what keeps people where they are vs. where they want to go .....

I would say that FINANCIAL FREEDOM takes work, sacrifice, and education. Work on Yourself - and Your Business will grow substantially. Mindset is where everything starts and ends !!

Keep the Faith !!