Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How much can a niche site earn vs. an authority site?

dmcqpu
Trust:

How much can a niche site earn vs. an authority site?

Hey,

Can someone give me a rough estimate of how much a niche site can earn vs. how much an authority site can earn?

Many thanks
manvij
Trust:
Both can earn you hundreds or thousands - depends on what you promote with them. If you promote high priced products you will earn more commission even on a niche website. Many do that - you can look for high paying affiliate programs and start promoting those products.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
An established authority site that gets thousands of traffic daily can earn more than a nice site.

But then, as manvji pointed out, if you're promoting products with huge commissions on your niche site, and are consistently able to sell these products, then you are likely to earn as much as an authority site.

Most authority sites started as specific niche sites too, so if you're getting plenty of traffic on your niche site, and are updating the content on it regularly, then it won't be long till your niche site becomes an authority site.

This means bigger earnings too.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

tonmoyparves
Trust:
Well, I do support niche blog actually. But Authority blog can earn higher then niche blog. But you have to calculate the ROI.Suppose one of your business is earning 10000$/monthly where you invest 1 year and 20000$ and other one is earning 1000$/monthly where you only invest 100$ and 1 -2 months. So, now invest 100*200 and 8+ months for your niche blog. So, it will earn 20*present income. So, it will be earning 20000$/monthly. I hope you get the idea. Matter is ROI and when you calculate this, I'm sure you are going to support the niche blog. And your niche blog can be your authority blog. But your authority blog can't be your niche blog. So, go with a plan that you can make your niche blog as an authority of that niche. I hope, this helps for you
Learn with Tonmoy

isloooboy
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:An established authority site that gets thousands of traffic daily can earn more than a nice site.

But then, as manvji pointed out, if you're promoting products with huge commissions on your niche site, and are consistently able to sell these products, then you are likely to earn as much as an authority site.

Most authority sites started as specific niche sites too, so if you're getting plenty of traffic on your niche site, and are updating the content on it regularly, then it won't be long till your niche site becomes an authority site.

This means bigger earnings too.

POsting regularly means more traffic right? But how we can guarantee sales increase?.

One of my niche site is competing with a just one page site and I am unable to fight it down although I am putting fresh contents on regular basis and my site is 2 years more older than that single page website. What I understand he is doing backlink work paid or doing by his own but he is always one step ahead. So what do you mean by authority when site full of content is unable to fight with a single pager?

This topic was started on Sep 10, 2015 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.