Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How many ways are there to make money on the Net?

PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:

How many ways are there to make money on the Net?

I teach a group of IT students and this subject came up. . .

One of the biggest problems we see when we are building an I.M. business is all the distractions that sidetrack us from our original business designs.

We were discussing this the other day and someone commented, "It can't be that bad - there's not all that many legal ways to make money off the Internet!"

I thought it would be an interesting thread to ask the experts and see if we missed anything:. We thought of:

Selling our own stuff through online Auctions and online markets
Selling other peoples stuff for a commission or fee at online auctions etc.
Affiliate - directing customers to someone else's selling site for a cut.
Advertising sales - selling space on a busy site (eg adsense etc)
Joint Venture - promoting each others products
Content writing - articles for ezines and blogs
Copy writing - advertising copy writing, technical writing.
Photography - selling images
Web Design
Graphic design (selling desktops, screensavers, web graphics sets etc)
Blogging for profit (like Sean06) does.
Donor sites - free ware or images (eg Sims mod sites) for donations

Then we ran out of ideas - What did we miss?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hmm, just thinking about all the different things that can be applied on line makes my head hurt.

I've narrowed my SEO sites down to around 19 different elements that make my SEO/content sites.

And this is only one model. And it's already too much for just me, which is why my goal is to have as much of it outsourced as possible.

And of course, there are infinite ways to put models together.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Mimenta wrote:I teach a group of IT students and this subject came up. . .

One of the biggest problems we see when we are building an I.M. business is all the distractions that sidetrack us from our original business designs.

We were discussing this the other day and someone commented, "It can't be that bad - there's not all that many legal ways to make money off the Internet!"

I thought it would be an interesting thread to ask the experts and see if we missed anything:. We thought of:

Selling our own stuff through online Auctions and online markets
Selling other peoples stuff for a commission or fee at online auctions etc.
Affiliate - directing customers to someone else's selling site for a cut.
Advertising sales - selling space on a busy site (eg adsense etc)
Joint Venture - promoting each others products
Content writing - articles for ezines and blogs
Copy writing - advertising copy writing, technical writing.
Photography - selling images
Web Design
Graphic design (selling desktops, screensavers, web graphics sets etc)
Blogging for profit (like Sean06) does.
Donor sites - free ware or images (eg Sims mod sites) for donations

Then we ran out of ideas - What did we miss?

Adsense
SEO for other people?
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Neat topic, thanks for bringing it up Mimenta.

I don't think the distraction necessarily comes from all the different ways to make money online but how many ways there are to work the various business' that you posted...

How many times have we been working on our businesses and get distracted by the latest report that causes a buzz? Sometimes the report has something valuable that can enhance your business model but too many times they take us off on a new direction.... talk about distraction!
:twisted:

Promo
superaff
Trust:
Forex?
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

cdidcott
Trust:
"It can't be that bad - there's not all that many legal ways to make money off the Internet!"

It seems to me that just about anything you can do in the real world works online too, aside from actually creating or affecting a physical object there isn't much you can't emulate.

I'm guessing the real question is which ones are the most profitable?

Colin
jaydebaca
Trust:
With the fast evolving virtual world, it is very easy to get distracted! I bought a new LT and with the Vista program, I discovered that I have major VW-ADD - Virtual World Attention Deficit Disorder! Any Cures?

Also made my first Affilorama sale! Boy was I excited. I think it came from one of my blogsites, but for the life of me, I dont know which one "stuck".

Hopefully I will stay focused enough to become a more productive citizen!You Affiloramites sure keep me motivated! My son, Jeren (16) is really excited about computers too, and like Adrian, is young and so focused! He is heavy into guitars and snowboarding. Yes, he has bought and has learned from Jamorama... And his little brother (10) is really kicking ass on that program! We hope to YouTube him soon and affiliate his youth to Jamorama!

Any other guitar jamorama fans out there?

Jay in Snow bound Denver!
Last edited by jaydebaca on 03 Mar 07 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Nice work Jay, was that your first sale ever?

Keep up the good work ;)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

jaydebaca
Trust:
It was my first with Affilorama! It had to have come from a recent blog entitled "A Geek is born"... I will now post that blog in other places. Oh... Yes Sean... You are Young and Focused too! I look forward to all your posts... Sooo... what time is it down under anyway?? You a night Owl? :lol: Jay
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
jaydebaca wrote:With the fast evolving virtual world, it is very easy to get distracted! I bought a new LT and with the Vista program, I discovered that I have major VW-ADD - Virtual World Attention Deficit Disorder! Any Cures?

Also made my first Affilorama sale! Boy was I excited. I think it came from one of my blogsites, but for the life of me, I dont know which one "stuck".

Hopefully I will stay focused enough to become a more productive citizen!You Affiloramites sure keep me motivated! My son, Jeren (16) is really excited about computers too, and like Adrian, is young and so focused! He is heavy into guitars and snowboarding. Yes, he has bought and has learned from Jamorama... And his little brother (10) is really kicking ass on that program! We hope to YouTube him soon and affiliate his youth to Jamorama!

Any other guitar jamorama fans out there?

Jay in Snow bound Denver!

Good stuff Jay! Let us know how you get on with the sales.
cdidcott
Trust:
jaydebaca wrote:With the fast evolving virtual world, it is very easy to get distracted! I bought a new LT and with the Vista program, I discovered that I have major VW-ADD - Virtual World Attention Deficit Disorder! Any Cures?

None, thankfully :D
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
See Jay - you're not alone - we all got sidetracked with this thread - LOL

Congratulations on the sale and thanks for sharing - helps keep us tapping away in the wee hours (can't say focused - vision gets a bit blurred about 2am - isn't it a bugger when the brain is on track and the eyes wont stay open!)

The conclusions we came up with were:

Anything you can do in the 'real' world except with a gun and a mask..."For everything else there's bankcard" (and Nigerian ISPs).