Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How many searches are from Google Images?

gilesy
Trust:

How many searches are from Google Images?

Hi,

I'm just some keyword research for a site and I noticed if say a certain keyword-
example- "black Labrador dogs" got 5,000 hits a month, how can I tell how many
of them are through google images?

My sites are very much text based and my only images are ads, so I'm competing
solely for text searches. So if 4,500 of those searches were through google images
then why would I even bother!

I use market samurai, traffic travis and google keyword tool. Anyone have any info on
this please post!

Giles
bloggingfornewbies
Trust:
Hmmm, your question is very confusing to read...
If you search using google image search then your searche results are likely less because not every image has tags or descriptions to them.
If you search using normal Google search (I'm assuming this is what you're after) then you should focus on just text searches...
You need to be more precise on your query... Just reading it confused the heck out of me... what are you after really ? low niche keywords ? and then creating a website on that keyword niche?

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
well, personally, I would not waste time on a keyword like black Labrador dogs. you wont be getting many (if any) sales off of that keyword.

You want to focus on problems with dogs, like stop Labrador aggression. This will do you more good in the long run anyway.

There is no way to differentiate if people are looking for images or text except using some common sense and not targeting a keyword that would get a lot of image searches anyway.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

gilesy
Trust:
No guys your way off. First off I'm not making a dog-site, Its just an example!
Purely as an example, sorry for confusing.

You know when you type into the keyword tool and it gives you search results- say it
comes up 32,000,000 hits for britney spears, well how many of that 32,000,000 were actually
made through google images?

Like I have keywords in my new niche that have 5,000 hits a month but I'm wondering how many of
them were made through google images? How can I tell?

If I found out that 4,700 of them were through google images I wouldn't use that keyword. I'm sure theres
a really simple answer, I'm just curious!

Thanks for replying guys! Its appreciated...Gilesy
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Gilesy, I understand what you are asking, but you are doing your keyword research wrong. if you are using the right keywords you wont have to worry if people are looking for images, because they will be looking for products to buy, not pictures.

The fact is, you cant tell how many of those search results are for images except a little common sense.

If someone is looking for Black Labrador retriever ( just using your example) I would assume most of them are people looking for pictures, based on nothing more than common sense that people would be looking for free pictures.

however, if someone types in stop my labrador from eating the neighbors poodle, (ok its an exageration ) I garuntee you they arent looking for pictures though.

gilesy
Trust:
So long story short you cant see! It would be helpful though if google let you filter this.

I know exactly what you mean by using your common sense, but with some keywords it would be helpful to know how many are image searches, just nice to know the truth!

Cheers for the reply man, Giles
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
yeh, that would be nice, but what i would really like to filter out is Marketers doing kw research. I have a theory that some of the most competetive keywords, most of the traffic is other website owners checking rankings, or researching the keywords.

gilesy
Trust:
It coudn't possibly be most of the traffic, but id say maybe in some niches, if a keyword was 70,000 searches
then maybe a 1,000 hits by marketers! I suppose thats one thing that can never be tracked anyway.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
True, but it would be nice to be able to track it. anyway, people tend to give Google credit for knowing more than they really do.

gilesy
Trust:
I personaly think google is smarter than NASA but they probably
dont wana share their info cause us marketers would abuse it!

How could you track a marketer anyway? Its not possible is it?

This topic was started on Aug 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.