Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How long is a piece of string

ian6
Trust:

How long is a piece of string

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this and I've just set up my first site. Like the title says I know there is no exact answer to my question but I could do with some benchmark stats to help me measure my progress.

Approx. how many visitors do you need per sign-up to your mailing list and what is an average earnings per sign-up and over what period.

Any info would be very much welcomed.

Thanks

Ian
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
I'm probably not the most experienced person to answer your question, but:

Naturally there are no hard and fast rules for Sales Conversion Rates (or email signups) because they depend on so many factors.

My own rule of thumb (for organic search visitors to a new website or blog with few backlinks and limited traffic ) is that I hope for something like 1% and try to optimize from there. If I get no results at all after 300 unique visitors or so (0.33% or less), then I figure something is wrong and it's time to consider a "radical redesign" or better niche market research or other major work.

Anyone else?

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
jay3
Trust:
ian6 wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm new to this and I've just set up my first site. Like the title says I know there is no exact answer to my question but I could do with some benchmark stats to help me measure my progress.

Approx. how many visitors do you need per sign-up to your mailing list and what is an average earnings per sign-up and over what period.

Any info would be very much welcomed.

Thanks

Ian

Hey Ian,

Although i haven't started listbuilding yet i've been doing some research on the matter.

Recently came across the epc metric since i'm branching out into paid traffic.

EPC = Commission / number of clicks

So if you're promoting a merchant A via your newsletter who pays a $30 commission and it takes 120 clicks to make that you'd have an epc of 30/120 = 0.25.

Good epc calculator:
http://adcalc.net/epc/

At least this is how i understand it i.e.

Outside funnel testing => A/B or Multivariate Split testing
Inside funnel testing => EPC

Cheers,
Jay
Another Awe$ome Online Community And I've Managed To Get You In For $7 - http://www.btf2012.com/they-laughed-until.php

This topic was started on Jun 26, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.