Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How long did it take before Mark's site started making sales

daveyace
Trust:

How long did it take before Mark's site started making sales

Hey mark, hope you had a good Christmas and new year. I have a question for you that i'm not sure if you will want to answer but here goes. Just purely for inspiration how much does your weimaraner problems website make and how long did it take to start seeing sales? Just because i'm doing a similar one on a different dog breed. Also if anyone else would like to give info on their sites and if they have any success stories to give us newbies some inspiration that would be nice of you.
Thanks
Make $10,000 with this step by step formula (Newbie Friendly) http://bit.ly/MveoYF

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hey Davey, Mark said in his last followup that he was already seeing sales. But, you need to realize that Mark has a team of people behind him building links and driving traffic to his site, so he can get more done, faster than you probably can.

Also, he and his team really know everything that they are doing. They can do things much faster, and avoid many pitfalls that new people will make.

I made my first sale within 4 days of getting my first jetpack site online. Now, I only actually have 2 of mine that are strictly jetpack sites, (most of them I have used to start an email list in niches I was already involved in, and add new content to already existing sites), but it just takes a bit of work and patience to get there.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

daveyace
Trust:
hey james thanks for the reply, would you be able to do some seo for me? i know you have a service but cant seem to find it
cheers
Make $10,000 with this step by step formula (Newbie Friendly) http://bit.ly/MveoYF

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I used to have a service but I dont any more. I was running services to enhance my income while I built up my affiliate sites. Honestly,, it was way more work for very little reward. I make more by promoting other services than I do running my own, with less effort on my part.

Also, I don't really do much SEO anyway, I do more relationship marketing, and go for natural SEO rankings, which is much easier, more fun, and less "work" not to mention cheaper.

daveyace
Trust:
would it be possible for you to explain to me how you do that and exactly what relationship marketing is because i find seo really tedious
thanks mate

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
LOL it would take months to really explain it all, but the basis of it is really simple. You find where people interested in your niche hangs out, help people on those sites, and refer them to your site with a link. Build a relationship then refer them to your site. Kind of like I do here. I help people, and I get people PMing me asking for affiliate links, I get traffic to both of my blogs ( anywhere from 20-150 visitors/day from affilorama alone) and I get a lot of sales. It is all about learning where potential customers are, helping them with simple problems, and reffering them to affiliate products for more complex problems.

I am actually working on some training to help people learn how to do it, but I am working out some problems with the tech side of things at the moment.

PremiumMember
dlgent6116
Trust:
Similar question for Jmpruitt - If one put it 1 hr - 2 hr per day on a JetPack, being a total newbie, with possible outsourcing for article spin, what is the likely outcome after 60 days. I think you also said something in another blog about 1 yr. What is likely to happen within 60 days to 1 year, and with only 1 - 2 1/2 hrs available per day, can you effectively work on 1 jetpack, 2? etc.
Thanks
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Income estimations are hard to make. It depends on a lot of things, such as:

*How much time are you putting into it? (1 hour per day or 8 hours?)
*What is your niche? (some convert better than others)
*What is your traffic strategy? (SEO, PPC, refering sites?)
*How much traffic you're getting

When I first got started, it took me about one month to make my first sale, and 3 months to start seeing consistent sales. I just launched a new site and it made a sale after 9 days. There is definitely a learning curve, but when you get over that hump, things tend to go a lot faster :)

Good luck
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Clayton hit the nail on the head. I am in the same boat. Now that I know what I am doing, i can get a site making some sales fairly quickly, but in the beginning it took 3 months to see my first sale, and 6 months before they became consistent.

It all comes down to traffic and the quality of your content. On average, you can expect a 1-2% conversion rate, if you do really good. But that is an average over time. I have sites that I sent over 1,000 visitors to before seeing anything, then suddenly started making sales like every week.

It can vary by how much traffic, how compelling your content and calls to action are, the keywords you target, where the traffic comes from, competition within the niche, and a lot of other things.

I am also brutally honest with people. I do a lot of direct marketing, going onto forums, like here, blogs, facebook fan pages and groups, and other places where I know my target market are looking for information. I help people as much as I can, and I give an honest opinion of what I see, and have experienced.

I have actually had people ask me for affiiliate links and I told them not to waste their time because they couldn't do what the program was teaching.

most affiliates wouldn't care, they just take the comission. I told them what the program they wanted to buy did, and why they didnt need it. then they bought something else from me later when we found one that did fit their needs.

You wont find many people who do that. its all about the money for most people. what they don't realize is they get that one sale now, then that person gets discouraged and quits.

I give up that sale now, get the sale when there is a product that really will help them, and I have a customer that is happy and gets what they need. Then, they need something else, they come back to me for another sale, sometimes on a much higher ticket item.

centered
Trust:
Wow Cterao, it took you only 1 month to make your first sale? My AJP weight loss site hasn't even made 1 sale yet and it's been over 4 months now since I outsourced to Linda (who is supposed to be excellent) from Marketing Center to build back links for me over a 3 month period. Besides that, I also outsourced someone from India to build 500 profile links for my 20 internal pages. I haven't even seen my internal pages rank yet. Should I build more links? Is there something I'm missing?
Jmpruitt, who also outsourced to Linda, has had 3 of his AJP sites on p1 of Google.
This is puzzling me.
Would be appreciative of your suggestions fellows.
Thanks in advance.
I'm happy to be an Affilorama member.

daveyace
Trust:
well that depends on what keywords you have picked and how easy they are to rank for. and you may need to do different ways of back linking like blog posting and forums.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
it all comes down to the keywords and how competitive they are. Not all of my pages are ranking highly, but I specifically went for really low competition keywords with the pages I outsourced to her.

Some sites will see quicker results than others. I had one jetpack that made a sale within 4 days of going online. however, that is really more a lucky strike than anything else.

One thing that you need to realize is that those of us who have been successful have learned a lot along the way. There are a lot of factors that go into making a site convert, and with experience you will get better at it.

Traffic numbers and rankings are only part of the equation. I have seen sites with high rankings that still didn't make sales because they didn't target the right people or because they didn't use a strong call to action in their content.

PremiumMember
sethczerepak
Trust:
It really does come down to the keywords you choose, I've found that it's good to test keywords and topics with articles on Ezine and with Facebook marketing before committing to a keyword on SEO

This topic was started on Jan 06, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.