Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How do I save my "Favorites" in the Affilorama forum?

dougbarr
Trust:

How do I save my "Favorites" in the Affilorama forum?

Original Subject: Desk top icon
Originally Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Aletta wrote:You can also save pages in Affilorama / AffiloBlueprint to your "favorites". You'll see a little icon at the end of each article giving you the option for this. You can access your favorites later by clicking on the "favorites" link at the top of the page.

I searched to find this message, which is exactly what I was looking for. I see the heart ( Image ) after articles on the main Affilorama site, but I don't see any icon in forum threads or posts. So how do we save to our Affilorma favourites in the forum? The only icons I see are "report this post", "reply with quote" preceding the post date, and the posters Avatar.
Last edited by michellerana on 25 Sep 09 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title changed to describe the post better

wollowra
Trust:
I don't see the option to save to favorites at the end of each article?
I will ask Jason about it.

I just create shortcuts to mydesktop and
then save them in appropriate folders.
Here is a good tutorial.

To do this you either
1. go to file, send, then shortcut to desktop.
This will place an Icon on your desktop.
You can then cut and paste these to any folder you like on your PC.

or

2. Save site to your favorites list.
Go to favorites and add to favorites.

Personally, I prefer option 1 as I can save any related sites
in a PC folder.
I have all my Affilorama related stuff in 1 folder.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

dougbarr
Trust:
wollowra wrote:I don't see the option to save to favorites at the end of each article?
I will ask Jason about it.

I don't think it exists, but thought maybe I missed something. Even for each thread would do. It appears these favourites are only for Affiliorama and AB as stated in the post I originally quoted. As an aside, I'm surprised British English isn't used by you folks down under. Here in North America "favorite" is the US spelling.

While I'm always open to being corrected on anything I say, I do use Queens English. ;-)

wollowra wrote:I just create shortcuts to mydesktop and
then save them in appropriate folders.
Here is a good tutorial.

To do this you either
1. go to file, send, then shortcut to desktop.
This will place an Icon on your desktop.
You can then cut and paste these to any folder you like on your PC.

or

2. Save site to your favorites list.
Go to favorites and add to favorites.

Personally, I prefer option 1 as I can save any related sites
in a PC folder.
I have all my Affilorama related stuff in 1 folder.

For the purpose which I was asking, I prefer method one though I just drag the favicon from the URL address bar to folder.

Thank you!
wollowra
Trust:
I actually normally use favourite but the spell check in here gives me the little red line error..lol
So I just used the U.S spelling..lol

Either way is ok I guess.
Regards,
Troy

-- Robert Brault

jasondodd
Trust:
Theres no specific option to favorite a topic or post, however some forum moderators have the option of making a topic sticky so that it stays at the top of the forum.

To save your forum posts for future reference there's a few things you could try. You could use the standard bookmarking option in your browser or you could also make a comment on the topic - then when you want to find them later simply do a forum search on your username.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Jason,
I don't know if having the option for having hundreds or thousands of members, all creating favourites within there member accounts is viable due to the webserver load etc... but it sure would be nice to have a favourites button.
That way we can refer back to threads we want to keep handy.
Otherwise I just use my save shortcut to desktop and put them in a folder called Affilorama forum favs.

Regards
Troy

P.S @Doug .. I used the Queen's english "Favourites"..lol

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Sep 25, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.