Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How do I choose keywords for SEO?

sixtos
Trust:

How do I choose keywords for SEO?

Hey, guys,

My spirits are low today. I'm not the type to gush and I try to keep pushing on when things look low but today i throw my arms up.

I know I'm new and i know I'm getting better and I also know that there is tons of work to do on my first site.

Keywords and SEO vs. Adwords.

My site looks great and the content is strong. I picked a tough niche but my approach is a little different so i think it will all roll over well. But my keywords are probably the worst choices in the history of the web. How should I be choosing my keywords for SEO?

Have any of you ever looked at Perry Marshall's stuff?

Anyways just a minor rant to get things off my chest. Cheers big ears and we'll check in later

http://www.heylookatmenow.com
Last edited by michellerana on 17 Sep 09 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title revised

Have a good and funny day.

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Sixtos, you've made a good start on your first site. Seeing that you're an Affiloblueprint member, please review the lessons on Week 1 for keyword selection especially video 4 which will help you find keywords that convert.
fabani
Trust:
Hi Sixtos,
I give you feedback as an internet marketer who is also slightly overweight and trying to loose weight. Seeing myself at the beach running/kayaking is not the biggest motivation for me to spend money on my problem but picturing myself in a hospital bed having heart attack is!! running from pain is always bigger motivator than getting pleasure. I think in our job we can create a well balance of both.
sixtos
Trust:
Thanks for the reply's. It's stating to look up.

Really, you think that the fear of death will better motivate you than having a fun summer.
It is a valid point, I'll look into writing an article on the effects of long term neglect.

Thanks again.

inspire
Trust:
I have to admit that pain has been proven to sell better than pleasure and I am a pleasure person so I write that way which makes it tough for me at times!

Having said that I couldn't help but click on "I wanna look good naked" :D
The thing is when you have had kids or you are divorced and looking to find love again there is A LOT of pain around wanting to look good naked for a large number of women (and probably men!)

In the UK there is a program with someone called Gok on how to look good naked

"http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-look-good-naked"

Here is one of the shows

"http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-look-good-naked/4od#2923484"

I am thinking you probably want a more US based market so it might be worth seeing if there is something similar because most of our UK TV viewing is a copy of what is being played in the states! I have just never visited a health site that focuses on looking good naked and it might be what makes you different from all the other lose weight/health sites out there if you can find a profitable angle of course. If you do more keyword research and find people aren't searching for it then at least you will know not to bother focus on it.

I personally thought it was great though and am still laughing about it as I write this !!! For me it just lightened the whole serious lose weight or die focus.

Good luck with it all
Diane
All the best bloggers live here - check it out
http://www.todiane.com

Authority blogging takes a definite mindset! Do you have the mindset of a blogger?
http://www.mindsetofablogger.com

sixtos
Trust:
Thanks Diane,

It's not really intended to be a keywords heavy article it's more of a just think about it article, something to light a fire. I will look into what is out there. I'm happy to hear that the article made you react. As a newbie it is important to take chances and just try things out. If it moves products good, if it doesn't fine, I'll change it. The most important thing right now is see if people react.

Cheers again

smuigal
Trust:
Hi Sixtos,

Lemme tell you that PAIN is a HUGE motivator. I "had" chronic paid for 15 years due to fibromyalgia and other issues. I looked endlessly online for cures. I found the cure 18 months ago and BELIEVE ME, when people read my story they are highly encouraged and motivated. So get those stories posted. Find the testimonials you can use to sell your products.

What your image shows is what YOU CAN HAVE. I would go from that angle. For 15 years I was locked up in my home, hardly able to get out. I now go hiking, walk 1.5 hrs per day, and we have taken trip after trip to the coast as I'm playing catchup with years of indoor life.

So, yes, I agree... the thought of getting out of pain is a key factor. Being overweight was not my pain issue, but for those that are in pain because of it, they will focus in on that relief factor.

And... for all of yooose guys that do not walk daily - GET OUT THERE AND WALK!! ;)

I actually started walking 2 minutes in one direction, then walked back. I brought a stop watch because of the fear of pain if I walked too far. After three weeks I was up to 20 minutes a day. Now it's 1.5 hrs.

Sooo... walking helped me a lot, wasn't the cure to my major pain, but helped me greatly and I believe in walking for anyone who can physically do it.

Well... um... guess that was a little soap box I had to get up on there for a bit. <blushes>

Don't give up. When selecting keywords go for less competitive keywords. My main money making site has about 25 pages yet Google found over 750 keyword phrase combinations in those pages in Aug. sending me lots of traffic.

Get good links back to your site, use web 2.0 and post comments on do-follow blogs in your niche. That helps too.

Best Wishes to Ye,
Smuigal
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

tonypsc
Trust:
Great looking sites! Very neat and clean. Good colour combination too. I see that you are using XsitePro. Its a great tool for site building.

Feeling despair happen so often in our quest for IM profit. Aim for small target such as 3 sales per week and be focus. Kep promotiing a couple of your pages and you will soon see results. Have fun :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
focus on the small victories, like getting your pages ranking, and how much work you have accomplished. one of the problems i see with a lot of people who get discouraged is because they are so focused on making sales they quit too soon.
Sales are important,and we need to get them, but focus on getting your site up and ranking well, once that happens the sales will come naturally.
be patient, it all takes time.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

sixtos
Trust:
Thanks everyone for the feedback and the encouragement. I'm back in the game and feel strong. Hitting a slump is a great teacher in finding priorities. No more pressure and not too worried about sales. My goal now is to give my customers the best experience and too help them feel good.

Again thanks for the tips and tricks and have an amazing day.

markd16
Trust:
Hello,
You may want to go to wordpress. Why? Well, if you hover over your pictures you can see that you are promoting shows your affiliate links to your clickbank site. So when the google bots see this what do it thinks? Affiliate promo, no juice to our customer service.
I spend my time with commission ritual.com. A full course on marketing.
On word press you would use the plugin for cloaking your links. Also, any javascript data feeds should be cloaked too.
Realize that Javascript is not read by the bots..
Also, on your sidebar you have links to yourself. That is ok. However, how does that build google trust. Instead, you should have links going out to trusted sites. Use seo quake, it's free, it has to on the firefox browser, and link out to sites that have a high page rank. Wikipedia is usually a 4 or 5 page rank.
Now, don't get confused with page rank. It is not necessary. Just be relevant.
Your goal is to get traffic. You need to be on google page one.
Put your URL in quotes and use traffic travis and see how much traffic it has.
Your URL needs to be able to be written in a sentence for your unique articles on your home page
This is alot of info. To adjust your headache. Check out my recommendations and keep at it.
Regards,
mark

This topic was started on Aug 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.