Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How can I monetize my site?

esquire7
Trust:

How can I monetize my site?

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this affiliate marketing game. I'm doing it for almost 2 months. It seems to be exciting and my enthusiasm is still present. I'm just learning the basics and for now I would just like to know how I could earn some money using free methods..
I have a free hosted website, a small online mall and I'm wondering if it is possible to make some money with it.
If so could anyone tell me how i could improve it after he or she took a look?
Thank you:)
dougbarr
Trust:
Can you edit the pages? Using re-directs or cloaking would be in your best interests rather than plainly showing affiliate links. Here is one thread you might refer to: Should I Cloak My Affiliate Links?

A search on Affiliate Links on this site will give you more information.

I'm only learning myself, but from what I've learned I wouldn't expect very much from this site. It's a replicated site I'm guessing, so there are others just like it differing only by their subdomain name existing on the same domain. It won't achieve good Search Engine Ranking which means you will have to drive traffic to the site. Traffic which don't arrive on your landing page (also called Opt-In page) so you miss out on building your email/autoresponder list. You will be building the vendors. I'm aware there are ways to circumvent this though I don't know details about it.

Ok, I looked more closely at the provider and service and see it isn't a replicated site. Still, it's a free hosting site. This isn't good though I don't remember why. At a minimum I'd suggest purchasing your own domain name for the little it costs. Are the ads placed by you? They claim they don't place ads on free sites, yet I see ads. I see you can upgrade to pro. I would want to know what benefits that provides if I were you.

Others more knowledgeable than me might add more or correct me if I'm mistaken. I've seen worse free sites. At least in the Business to Business section they are all current products, some perhaps all being very good, though I can't speak personally about them.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
One thing I noticed was that your site doesn't really have a central theme - its very hard to try and be profitable if you are taking a shotgun approach and trying everything - maybe focus instead on one niche e.g. health and pick some good ClickBank products to promote.

That will help you to rank more easily for some of those long tail keywords and get noticed in the search results.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

esquire7
Trust:
Thanks Mark!
I'll keep that in mind.

This topic was started on Sep 25, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.