Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How can I build a website for an offline business?

icespa
Trust:

How can I build a website for an offline business?

Hi, I'm a new member here. I have an offline distribution business with products in Basic Necessity Consumables, Agriculture, Health and Wellness, and Skin Care and Anti-Aging.

I want to study an online internet business (I was encouraged to do so, seeing the success of Affilorama members - especially it's founder).

I know that this website talks about affiliate marketing, but instead of building a website to promote other people's products, can I promote the products of my offline suppliers (in the industries mentioned above) as well?

I know there are lots of work to do like handling orders, shipping, customer support or stuff like that? How can I go about in doing that? :)
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hey icespa,

I'm not too clued up on the orders & shipping side of things, but in a lot of other ways you can learn a lot from affiliate marketing as well. Particularly things like search engine optimization.

You need to do a bit more "selling" as a merchant, whereas affiliate marketing is more about just pointing people to the other people who do the selling. Remember that key distinction and then just see what you can learn from the stuff in here. As I said, a lot will be relevant.

I'm betting if you start digging around the internet you'll come up with some suggestions for those other parts of your business...

Good luck!
Aletta
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

icespa
Trust:
Hi Aletta,

Thanks for the reply. Affiliate marketing is indeed very interesting. You're right, it is very relevant to the website I want to set up.

Also, I'm thinking it could be an additional income for me aside from my offline business. :D
sam
Trust:
Maybe you can ask help from your supplier in terms of shipping, customer service and stuff like that. Just a thought.

May the force be with you! :idea: