25 Apr 12 1:15 am
How being Robbed changed my Life
We recently got burgled, some thieves decided to break in and go on a robbing spree smashing everything in their paths.
How relentless, how unenlightened, how sick and angry it made me feel.
My feelings however have started to change over the last week, here is a few things I have learnt:
1. Backup everything you do on your laptop! Stupid stupid stupid
2. Love your family and be thankful that no one got hurt
3. God works in mysterious ways
4. Secure your house with CCTV, dont make the same mistake, installing them after the damage
5. Get home insurance and keep your receipts
6. Love thy neighbour
7. The art of moving on
8. How to let go of things
9. Value is not in the gold or other valuables stolen, it is in how you deal with it
10. Let Karma do its work, dont plot revenge! As hard as this one is
11. Dont hide things where you consider covert, these thieves really knew where to look, hide your valuables in the loft, under the floorboards, in hard to get to places.
12. Organise with your neighbours a notification system of building work or other visitors you all might be having
13. Riches are not worth stealing for
14. Never Never Never give up
Stay blessed everyone, this has been life changing.
To the robbers, I hate you for the pain you have caused my family, but within this pain the flickering candle of love and hope will turn to a blaze, the goods you have stolen are disposable, the slap in the face from Karma inevitable.