Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Hostgator black friday

kakaboo
Trust:

Hostgator black friday

WOW!!! Host gator is offering a big promotion on black friday (26th November), they are offering 50% off EVERYTHING(this includes reseller and VPS hosting) for the whole day and 80% off (based on first come first serve) from 26th Nov 5A.M to 9A.M(-6 GMT) !

The best thing is all these includes reseller and VPS hosting for those who have been thinking of upgrading! And all affiliates will get 100% comission during this period!!!

Of course I would love to slap my affiliate link here but I don't think it would be nice, I just felt that this is really a great deal to miss out on ( its up to only 35.64-50++USD for 3 years shared hosting)!!! But if you want to thank me and buy from my link you can just PM me, if not, get ready for this Friday!!!!!!
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could add your affiliate link to your signature, Kakaboo :)

You have already contributed a lot to this forum so we know you're not spamming and the moderators will not delete your post :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

kakaboo
Trust:
michellerana wrote:You could add your affiliate link to your signature, Kakaboo :)

You have already contributed a lot to this forum so we know you're not spamming and the moderators will not delete your post :)

It's ok, because I think that I am probably not the only Hostgator affiliate on this forum and it wouldn't be fair for me to post my link here... you know, like once people see its ok for me to post my link, then everybody would do the same thing on this forum and the moderators would have a headache on which ones to delete and clearing up all these similar threads. (cause I was a moderator for a gaming site before and I know these things that might happen)

Just wanted to let those non-affiliate newer people know so that they can take advantage of this offer. Believing in abundance is the best!

Currently on Mark's webinar for the Affilojetpack prelaunch :D
borry
Trust:
Hi there

Very interesting! A quick question though....I've heard conflicting stories from people about domain registration and webhosting. Some say that you should register your domain with one company and then host with a different one. Others say that you should use one and the same company for both the registration and the hosting, which makes more sense to me, however I'm not sure which route to go. Please advise and tell me what the pros and cons for both are.

Kukaboo: You can go ahead and PM me your link because if I decide to go ahead with Hostagtor tomorrow, (which I more than likely will), then I'll be happy to get it through your link;-)

Thanks guys and I would appreciate an urgent reply here so that I can make a decision today still.

regards
Belinda
kakaboo
Trust:
borry wrote:Hi there

Very interesting! A quick question though....I've heard conflicting stories from people about domain registration and webhosting. Some say that you should register your domain with one company and then host with a different one. Others say that you should use one and the same company for both the registration and the hosting, which makes more sense to me, however I'm not sure which route to go. Please advise and tell me what the pros and cons for both are.

Kukaboo: You can go ahead and PM me your link because if I decide to go ahead with Hostagtor tomorrow, (which I more than likely will), then I'll be happy to get it through your link;-)

Thanks guys and I would appreciate an urgent reply here so that I can make a decision today still.

regards
Belinda

Actually, I don't think that it really matters whether you register them on the same company or different one, but to be safe most people prefer to host them on different companies.

The reason is because when you use the same domain and hosting on the same company, when you decide to switch to another hosting, that particular company might try to make it difficult for you to do so... A lot of people have bad experiences with hosting and domain name being on the same company, but there are also a lot of people who have no issues.

I guess it really is just personal preference, but most of the time companies that specialize in domain names usually do not have hosting as good as the companies that specialize in hosting
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
the biggest reason that I do my domains separate from hosting is the price. I use namecheap for all my domains, which is $5/domain/year cheaper than hostgator at $15/domain.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

faradina
Trust:
Price is my main reason, too. When I need to register a domain, I look around the internet for domain deals. I have been able to register domains (stand-alone, not bundled with hosting) for as low as US$4.95 for the first year. I think I was even able to get a domain completely free, if I remember right.

On the second year I switch to namecheap where I can get free private registration and free Comodo PositiveSSL for a year.

Honestly speaking, I keep jumping around when it comes to domain registration. I look for the lowest registration and renewal prices and go there, as long as the domain registrar is reputable. Changing registrars is not as tricky as changing web hosts; there's virtually no risk involved.
afako
Trust:
The Best way is to wait for that 4 hour Window where you get 80%OFF.

Sadly it doesn't allow for VPS and Dedicated Server which is only for First Month.

Better get Business Plan for 93$ a Year :)
jimweb43
Trust:
Just so everyone knows, there also running a deal for today "for Cyber Monday."

This topic was started on Nov 24, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.