Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Hiring Customer Reps from Philippines?

theastonmartian
Trust:

Hiring Customer Reps from Philippines?

Hi everybody!

It's been a long time since I joined and participated here. The funny thing is that before I would try to open up multiple niche websites and try to get traffic on each and everyone. The more you do, the more you earn, right?

Wrong! I learned this the hard way. Eventually, all your passive income decreases if you competitors do a better job and you are not their for your potential clients. So if you have a 1000 websites, I just don't know how you will keep track of the customer queries and so forth. Eventually, your competitor can come and be first in Google.

That is why I decided to stick to one business at a time and build it and focus on it even when I am elsewhere. Guys and Girls, this is the secret. My only problem is that I need to move on so I was planning on hiring customer service reps who will handle queries, and one moderator for the forum, facebook fan page, and other marketing needs.

I was planning on outsourcing these work to people in Philippines. The job itself is easy as my reps meet and greet potential clients, and answer any queries. However, I was wondering what people from Philippines usually charge for work online? I want to have reps online 24/7 but I might make exceptions on that. What would you say the ideal hourly wage is for work like this? How do you know they won't cheat you? Do I create a system to have them log in and start working while being monitored or do I simply trust them? This one is a bit hard.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Md
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Md,

I suggest you write down the tasks that you want a customer service rep to do for you on a daily eight-hour shift then go to oDesk and see how much employers are paying for similar services for the same number of hours. The rate also depends on the level of experience and the reputation that the contractors have. The better feedback rating they have and more experience means higher hourly rates or project fees.

There are various time management applications you can use to track your CSRs time and work output. I think in oDesk they have an application you can ask your contractor to download and it would monitor what they do during their shift.

Before hiring someone, make sure to do a thorough background check. Look at the feedback from previous employers and check how long they have been working. Most sites like oDesk and eLance have this.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

theastonmartian
Trust:
Hi Cecille!

Thank you very much. I need reps in a month or so, so I have ample time to research. I was just wondering what the rates might look like. I will check out and make a detailed portfolio and see what works.

Thank you very much. This forum has been very helpful.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Md,

I appreciate the feedback. I'm happy to help. :)

It's been quite some time since I last went to oDesk but I remember the going rate for CSRs then was USD$6 an hour. This depends on the workload of course and some contractors would "bid" for the job by lowering their rates. Still you'll get to see an average of how much CSRs are paid there based on the job ads.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
If you find yourself having to train your vitual assistants in using the exact procedures necessary to complete their job assignment; I would suggest creating instruction videos.

I have found instructional videos ideal in training. Also the VA can refer back to your video as their work progresses. The training videos I have developed though amatuerish have been worth their weight in GOLD.

I personally use Camtasia. However, there are several screen capture programs available. There is Jing that offers a free video capture with a duration I believe limited to 5 minutes.

Margene
tabbca
Trust:
If you need to hire a customer service, make sure:

1.the customer service people is experienced.
2.the customer service people has good charactor, such as honest, working-hard , active etc.
3.Both of you can communicate easily.

And if you need the time management software, let me recommend TABB created by me. It supports online chat, file sharing, project schedule, time set etc. 30 days free trail available. You can try if needed.

Hope it helps, thanks!
http://www.tabb.ca-Online to do list and time management software-Project Schedule Tool
http://www.rapidpage.ca-Website design and marketing Ontario Canada
http://www.controlcentral.ca-Manage and control your website

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
If you need to hire a customer service, make sure:

1.the customer service people is experienced.
2.the customer service people has good charactor, such as honest, working-hard , active etc.
3.Both of you can communicate easily.

I think more important than these are the feedback previous employers leave for the contractor. Sites like oDesk and eLance have this system and it helps a lot in gauging if the person you are considering for the job is good or not.

As far as experience is concerned, the more experienced reps in sites like oDesk cost a lot more than those with less experience. Always remember that most of the time, you get what you pay for.
Cecille

This topic was started on Oct 24, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.