Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

High CTR....but no sales!

nates450r
Trust:

High CTR....but no sales!

Hi guys,

I am almost confused, lol
my website is getting about 50-60 visits a day
about 80-90% of visits click though to the mechant, due to affiliate links in the first fold (i believe)

about 400 visits this month already but no buys
i know i cant control what people do when they leave my site, but does this seam odd?

i think most of the sales i have made (about $200.00) are from opt ins on the merchant site
then the merchant is e mailing there opt in list backend offers.
the merchant has a 1 month tracking cookie so if someone buys i still get credit for the sale.

any feedback on this ???? anyone have the same problem????
Last edited by michellerana on 09 Sep 09 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: title changed to describe the post better

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
A conversion rate of 1% is about average but of course this varies greatly based on the product type and the price.

If you're getting a high click-through but low sales theres a few things you can look at.

Check the keywords youre targetting - are they closely related to the products youre promoting, and in particular focused on buyers?

Review the merchants landing pages - if theyre not convincing enough then maybe look at promoting different products.

It sounds like youre doing a good job of getting traffic - keep it up!

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

nates450r
Trust:
thanks Mark, the keywords are VERY relevent the site is ranking 1st-3rd pages on google & yahoo for the same keywords im bidding on. I have been also tracking the sites stats daily and the keywords im bidding on are also the most used search query.

This topic was started on Sep 08, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.