Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

High article traffic but low CTR

nates450r
Trust:

High article traffic but low CTR

I have a well rounded fitness website with daily traffic to about 90% of the articles.

I stuctured the articles with a related image at the top and 1-2 text affiliate offers contained within the article
and at the end of each article i have a resource box that says

"The information contained in this article is from (affiliate product)"

so im providing (non spammy) 1-3 aff links thoughout each article.
but like i said my CTR really sucks when it comes to article marketing

any ideas? is their a proven article layout that works better than another?

Thanks,
Nate
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

Two important things are that the offers are closely related to the information that the visitor is searching for. If the visitor arrives at the site by searching for abs workout and the affiliate link is for dumbbells or something, that would not be exactly related so your CTR could suffer. Also, clicking on your links should be a natural continuation of what the visitor is reading. Don't just slap a link in the middle of a paragraph, make it part of the story.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

nates450r
Trust:
esolutions wrote:Hi,

Two important things are that the offers are closely related to the information that the visitor is searching for. If the visitor arrives at the site by searching for abs workout and the affiliate link is for dumbbells or something, that would not be exactly related so your CTR could suffer. Also, clicking on your links should be a natural continuation of what the visitor is reading. Don't just slap a link in the middle of a paragraph, make it part of the story.

The links blend in with the article topic like if the article is about lower ab exercises then the link will say somthing like (PRODUCT MAME is a great ab exercise program that includes a great lower ab section)
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Nate,

I responded to a similar post you made.

Hope that helps. Have a great weekend!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Jan 19, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.