Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Hi. I'm New to Affilorama and Wanted to Say Hi...

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:

Hi. I'm New to Affilorama and Wanted to Say Hi...

Hi. I hope this is the right place to post this. I didn't see a place for newbies to post. My name is Shalisha and I just joined the premium membership. A little about me:

I've always wanted my own online business but had no clue how to go about it. I was totally brand new and I didn't even know what a domain was when I started. In November 2008, I got fired from Corporate America. I decided I was never going back and that I was going to succeed online no matter what. $1,000s later and after buying every ebook, joining every get rich quick scheme on the net, I found Wealthy Affiliate.

On June 21, 2008, I found Wealthy Affiliate. While it helped me quite a bit, the program was too vast for me and so the learning curve was steep for me. There was not enough one on one. Fast forward - it's a year later and I have my own 2 websites and I work from home.

My membership at WA is expiring on June 21, 2009. I decided to try Affilorama. I like that this forum is free before you join, although I opted for a premium membership. I just joined June 10, 2009 and I know I'm going to do well. This forum is well organized and I LOVE the videos. I've made a few sales but I realize that affiliate marketing is a continuing learning process and that it is not a get rich over night deal. You really have to put 100% effort and time into it but once you do, the profits will be beyond your wildest dreams.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

stacierunner
Trust:
Welcome Shalisha,

I too, joined WA and was quickly overwhelmed. I kind of jumped into too many things at once and made a couple of sales. Unfortunately, since I didn't know how to start from the beginning, I wasn't sure how to properly track those sales to know exactly where they came from.

I was spending money on PPC without really knowing how to analyze what I was doing. I decided to take a step back and start over from scratch and found Affilorama. I think it is much, much easier for a newbie to get started and follow. I am learning tons and I feel much more focused.

Nice to see you here, good luck!
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Hi there Stacie and welcome. Glad you learned sooner than I.... WA does have good aspects, but for a brand newbie, I think it's too much. Affilorama is much more focused. I'm glad I'm not a total newbie anymore and I have learned a lot. I am now in the "doing" stage. I think the first year is all about learning...and trying to grasp the concepts... One thing I do know and I wish to pass on... Affiliate Marketing is NOT a get rich overnight deal. You really have to put the work into it, learn from others and then pass on what you've learned.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Shalisha, seems a lot of people here have been at WA at one point or another.

Glad to hear you're doing alright. Keep it up.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Thanks. I'm not bashing WA, please don't get me wrong.. I just think that as a brand new affiliate, Affilorama is more helpful. I really was lost in WA and I love Kyle and Carson but when I saw Affilorama several months ago I was impressed by the free videos and how it targeted newcomers and then gradually the lessons got more advanced. Having the free videos and free forum is a huge advantage Affilorama has over WA. My yearly membership with WA was $349. I was willing to pay because like i said, I was brand new last year (June 21, 2008 to be exact) and it really was the best affiliate marketing training program I could find.

I have a hunch I'll be hanging around Affilorama for years to come. I can't thank Mark Ling enough. Funny, when I first saw and heard his video, I thought Aaack! What a funny accent... then I turned the video off and didn't come back for another month. Now I love his accent... I look forward to sharing and helping newcomers. Thanks for reaching out.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
sean, can you please tell my how to hyperlink my text in my signature for this forum? My URL is http://www.makemoneyathomefreemethods.info and I want the hyperlinked text to say Make Money at Home Free Methods. Someone on this forum gave me the HTML code but it is not working.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

jasondodd
Trust:
Hi Shalisha and welcome - great to have you on board and no doubt you'll find a lot of helpful information around here (and helpful forum members too!). Being a premium member you get access to some great tools designed to make life easier as you build up your online income, and of course the premium magazine - so make sure you take advantage of it all to fast track your progress.

Here's the code you're after:

All the best!
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Thank you so much!
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

wollowra
Trust:
shalisha42 wrote:Hi there Stacie and welcome. Glad you learned sooner than I.... WA does have good aspects, but for a brand newbie, I think it's too much. Affilorama is much more focused. I'm glad I'm not a total newbie anymore and I have learned a lot. I am now in the "doing" stage. I think the first year is all about learning...and trying to grasp the concepts... One thing I do know and I wish to pass on... Affiliate Marketing is NOT a get rich overnight deal. You really have to put the work into it, learn from others and then pass on what you've learned.

Spot on Shalisha,
The first year is very much a learning curve for newbies.
The biggest tip I can give people is to FOCUS.
Don't get distracted by the new shiny object.
ask yourself...
"Is what I am doing right now moving me closer to what I want"
I have found by asking myself this question, I have made great gains in my knowledge and IM efforts.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Hi Troy. Thank you for your feedback. Here is my dilemma. I've been a member with WA for a year now and my membership with them is about to expire. I came across affilorama and I liked what I saw so I signed up as a premium member thinking that I wasn't going to renew my WA membership. Now I'm torn between whether I should rejoin WA or stay with affilorama.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Shalisha,
Well this is something you need to decide.
I was also a WA member. It is great for newbies and so is Affilorama.
My advice would be to stick with both for another month and decide.
If you are new to Affilorama then you need to look around abit to see the value offered.
If you can not afford both then cancel WA and re sign back up later if you feel the need.
Ask yourself, "Where do I want to go" and decide what will be the best course of action for you to get there.

Some people love WA but others like Affilorama... it's a personal choice I suppose.
Myself, I found Affilorama to be right for ME and my path.

I know this sounds wishy washy and may not solve your dilemma, but just follow your heart and whatever you choose in your IM career will be your path and you will learn from it.

thought for the day....
Life is about reaching destination upon destination upon destination.
To view life as one destination that we must reach and then feel we have made it, defeats the whole purpose of living and learning from the paths we take.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
very well put.. i've decided to stay with affilorama
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
Affilorama is a one time payment so that may be something you could consider in your decision. I dont know to many people who shows you exactly what they do that makes them successful and Marks one of them.
PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Hi. I was told (and as I read the website) the premium membership is $47 a month - not a one time payment. Where did you get the idea it's a one time payment?
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
My bad I thought you meant the Affiloblueprint 2 which is opening back up on the 24th
jbones
Trust:
Hi Avidpoet,
Im Jim and also new to AM but have been reading and trying to comprehend all the info. from this site which I find valuable. Are you saying you can purchase Affilioblueprint2 without signing on for the premium $47 membership fee ?
regards,
Jim
PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Hi. I just purchased Affiloblueprint and it says you willl be charged the $47 monthly fee, but if you decide to cancel the membership, you can still keep the Affiloblueprint. It's actually excellent. It cost $197
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
Sorry guys for the confusion. Affilioblueprint is excellent in itself but think of Premium as an online downloadable Magazine where Mark tackles a different topic each month. One month its PPC and the next its Social Media and inside the magazine there are interviews of a expert that specialize in that particular months topic. He also has a Niche profile where each and every month he profiles a Niche on Clickbank. It's not bad I enjoy it I I always print them off and read them when Im not online.
cashpro2011
Trust:
Hi shalisha42,

Welcome aboard!

CashPro
"In this business you will SELL or be SOLD. Take your pick!"
- CASHPRO

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Thanks. Where are you with Affiloblueprint?
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

This topic was started on Jun 10, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.