Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Help with my New Blog

gemini3rdeye
Trust:

Help with my New Blog

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some Pro Advice for my new wordpress Blog.

I currently own 2 websites, one which is a humble project sharing free books and the other an alternative video educational site.

I want my blog to talk about both of these in marketing terms, about Joomla, Wordpress etc.

My niche is the personal development, success, mindset, self improvement, which is what I wanted to focus mainly on my blog.

I dont know whether to create two blogs, one for inspiration and the other for marketing, or to fuse the 2 together as they seem to go hand in hand.

My other problem is content, I dont want to hire anyone to write for me as I love to write as you can probably see.

However, I am dyslexic and find it hard to stay focussed in what I write, I tend to jump from one thing to the other, does anyone have any free ebooks, sites, or structures that they use to write clear and concise content.

Theres going to be alot of tutorials, self help stuff and so on, so I really want to write to the best of my ability. Something similar to:

Title
Purpose
Ending

A visual diagram of the laying out of content.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
The mind is everything

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi gemini3rdeye,

Are you looking for resources on writing or are you asking for opinion on your two websites/blogs?

For your blogs, I would suggest you keep them separate and just put your link to one blog on the other. It would be simpler to have them as separate blogs since the subjects are too far apart, that is, self-development and the other about joomla, wordpress, etc. I suppose you can combine them depending on how you write your articles or your angle for these niches but it definitely would be difficult compared to keeping them separate.

If it's resources for writing, you can check out the Content Creation section of the forums. We have threads there that discuss and give tips on how to write better.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

gemini3rdeye
Trust:
Cecille L wrote:Hi gemini3rdeye,

Are you looking for resources on writing or are you asking for opinion on your two websites/blogs?

For your blogs, I would suggest you keep them separate and just put your link to one blog on the other. It would be simpler to have them as separate blogs since the subjects are too far apart, that is, self-development and the other about joomla, wordpress, etc. I suppose you can combine them depending on how you write your articles or your angle for these niches but it definitely would be difficult compared to keeping them separate.

If it's resources for writing, you can check out the Content Creation section of the forums. We have threads there that discuss and give tips on how to write better.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

Hi Cecile,

OK, I have 3 websites which I currently own, one of the sites I do for love, just sharing free ebooks. Actually, I dont know what has happened, but I have just had a huge surge of traffic to it, I have been doing quite alot of SEO and research and think it has really paid off.

Bare in mind, this particular website has minimal content, so I am very excited to see the books being shared, as I mentioned before, this site is a advert free zone, I treat it as if its my creative canvas. Its really a good feeling knowing your hard work is being seen, plus, it has been 30 minutes and the visitors are slowly rising.

My second site is a visual alternative education site, which I hope to monetise in order to pay for the costs at my free library.

For the Blog, I also agree with what you are saying, but also recognise that the power of self development and marketing can work hand in hand. Like myself, 6 months ago when I started this site, I made a huge change to be healthy, I took pictures everyday and intend to make a video of my stomach going from flab to abs, from a marketing perspective, I feel this is an ideal infusion of the two.

I personally was not in a position to pay huge amounts for a website, so I had to learn myself, I also feel that I can teach anyone to build a beautiful, functioning website from my source templates for less than $50, so for anyone who is unemployed, they can also start a life changing inspirational blog.

I really am split about what to do.

I need to get to the drawing board on this one.

Thanks for your input.
The mind is everything

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I suggest that you follow the layout found on this article: SEO Optimization Tips for a YO Blog Post
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

gemini3rdeye
Trust:
Thank you very much, this was exactly what I was looking for :)
The mind is everything

This topic was started on Jan 17, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.