Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Help Wanted: Backlinking!

jpdmg
Trust:

Help Wanted: Backlinking!

Hello everyone from Affilorama,

Let's me start with me introducing myself. I am John from The Netherlands, I am currently 22 years old and studying in a university. I came across this website when looking around for a way to earn money so I will be able to graduate. So I started up a website:

http://www.the-swtor-guide.com

However when I started filling in the website I noticed I didn't start appearing in the search engines. So I kept on improving the content etc with new ideas I came across ( Which I also thank Mark for ) . But I am generating an issue which is really holding me back.

That's when we come to the backlinking part, I've watched video after video and they all show that creating backlinks is important. So I thought I'd try out a few things, I tried VoltRanker, which I had running but took down, since it only gave me links and not links to me. I also made two backlinks myself by hand, which I find is the way for me to go.

One is a submit your site, which got approved and also a post on a SWTOR blog. But those two also active at the time never gave me a backlink, which I checked by using TrafficTravis, SEOspyglass and Google Webmaster.

So my question is: Am I doing something wrong? Is it the url that I am posting? Am I making the mistakes?

I would really appreciate some feedback on this topic so that I will be able to pay for my education and all that ( Perhaps then even be able to go out from time to time :D )

Thanks in advance!
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
Creating backlinks is a process. Your efforts will NOT show up immediately. In many cases the links created may take several months before the links are officially recognized by the search engines.

Continue to build links as you have. They will be discovered over time. I recommend you work on being consistent adding a few links everyday.

Margene
jpdmg
Trust:
Anyone got any tips to easier find websites I can post backlinks on? As I mostly spent hours searching the web for one backlink and it feels to me that my time isn't getting me the results I hear everyone speak about they do it rather easy.

Also comments on the website itself are welcome : )
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
There are many tools that you can utilize to find forums and blogs suitable for posting comments creating relevant backlinks. Traffic Travis is an excellent tool. Also Backlink Profit Monster helps simplify the process of locating suitable blogs for commenting.

Traffic Travis allows you to spy on the backlinks of your competitors. TT will allow you to locate the backlinks of your competitors. By using TT with Firefox along with SEO Quake you can find the blogs used by your competitors.

Matt Carter has developed several products that teach backlink creation. His latest product service is SEO Experts Academy. An older program but still quite current is Backlink Blueprint. These programs have step-by-step instruction in backlink development procedures.

Hope this helps!

Margene
pgvonline
Trust:
Hello John,

Welcome to the site.

Backlinking is always a main topic on any forum. With Traffic Travis you will be able to analyis your competitor websites and the protential number of back links you will need to our rank them.

Of course there is more to it than that, what with quality of backlinks, on-page SEO, etc.

Also when you create backlinks, google needs to find them to index them, otherwise they are not of any use.

Once you have created a back link, then you should ping the page it is on, using a tool such as http://www.pingler.com.

To find good places to post links in the first place you can use software such as: http://www.commenthut.com

There is a free lite version.

Once you are getting results and creating a return then reinvest as Mark says. Certainly some form of automation for you backlinking would help, as manual submission is hard.

Kind regards

Peter
Why You Will Fail to Make $100K in 2012 - http://www.my-money-mentor.com/affilorama-100k

joshuas
Trust:
Hi, what sort of backlinking strategies are you using at the moment aside from Voltranker and the two you did manually? I assume you are using free methods taught by Affilorama?

I like to start off each new site I do with a blast of bookmarks for all the pages. Then I write original articles to submit to top article directories promoting each page for specific keywords. Once those are approved then I rewrite the articles and create spin versions to submit to other directories and bookmark the approved articles.

After that I'll all use the spun articles to submit to blog networks as well. All of these methods usually have RSS feeds which I also submit to speed up the indexing of my links. I hardly ever do comments or forum posting because they have temporary effect and are low quality. I sometimes just add them for variety but bookmark links serve similar purpose as well.

Definitely there are some free tools around that help you speed up the process but first you need to do a bit of planning so you're not randomly putting links hoping to get the desired result.

Hope that helps,
Joshua
jpdmg
Trust:
Thanks for all the tips I am getting!

Joshua, to answer your question, I am looking into all the ways possible to help me with the backlinking. But the thing is for me personally, that I get distracted with new things quite easily. I always check out the video's we get in the mail, which I study and learn things from.

Those all give me a lot of ideas and kind of overload my brain to be honest. It's a lot to take in to learn and I am a bit afraid of doing it wrong. So i'll put down a quick rundown and let me know if I am on the right track:

- Landing page
- More content on the site ( for example several guides )
- Create articles (Should I post the original on my own site to get more content there?)
- Post Articles on blogs/forums ( Anyone know a free spin program which is legit? )
- Rake in the backlinks
- Earn cash

So i've completed the landing page imo, and am starting on the more content/more choice for the customer.
(Is Voltranker okay for using backlinks or?)

Sorry for all the questions, just want to know if I am on the right track :) !
joshuas
Trust:
Hi,

Personally, I would also concentrating on filling out the site more with a bit more original content. Also, I would do some keyword research and plan out the site structure a bit so that the categories are related to the keywords you are targeting.

Another thing I would do is to put in an autoresponder to collect email addresses. That way you can keep in touch with the people that come to your site. Write up a simple guide that you can offer as a freebie for signing up. The guide could be something like a quick start guide or a best tips guide, etc. If you're into the game you're promoting then I'm sure there's a thing or two you could offer that would be helpful.

In the autoresponder I'd set up a sequence of at least 7 emails that would be a mix of additional information and promotion.

Those two would be my top priority because even if I get the traffic and all people see is a low quality site then it would have been a waste of my effort because people neither click on my links and I have no way of having a 'second chance' if my autoresponder is set up.

Hope that helps,
Joshua
mark schaaf
Trust:
I like your site, how did you do the entire page rolling up while the picture stays in place. As far as backlinks I get a lot from answering forum posts and writing articles, the only problem with forum posts is that you normally have to sign in with a name which isn't as good as if you could use a anchor word but you can still get many that way. When doing the article thing you can have anchor words for the links you want going to whatever page you want but it depends on which place is posting the article. Some places don't allow that and can only put something in the authors box at the bottom. I would start by finding all the forums you can find on your subject and give a good answer to some question being asked or make a comment on an article that was on a blog site that works well also. Mark
Mark

jpdmg
Trust:
Hey Mark, thanks for your comment although i've already experienced that. But to answer your question, I actually fiddeled around a bit and found out that you can (With some themes) Insert your own background. Then you can choose how to show that, as in one fixed picture, that's what I have. That way you'll be able to pimp your site a bit and make it feel in my opinion a bit more "proffessional", I hope that helps you out bro.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi jpdmg,

Welcome to Affilorama! :)

Driving traffic to your site and building backlinks are the most challenging tasks when it comes to getting a site going. But they are essential to getting those conversions and ranking for your keywords. Joshua gave you some really great tips like doing keyword research and mapping out what your target keywords are and then writing articles that optimize these keywords. Building a subscriber list early on will help a lot in the long run because having a list allows you to promote your products to a group of people already interested in the product.

We have several posts on building links that you might want to go over:

Link Building Tips Audio Interview
5 On-page SEO Techniques That You Should Start Exploring this Year
9 High Quality Link Building Methods in 2011

Hope that helps. Have a great day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

jpdmg
Trust:
Hey Cecille,

Thank you for the tips, but is my plan on how to get the website rolling correct?

- Landing page
- More content on the site ( for example several guides )
- Create articles (I read somewhere that spinning isn't needed)
- Post Articles on blogs/forums
- Rake in the backlinks
- Earn cash

Also, how long should it take to set up a website, i've been working on this one for like a month. Also my plan is to specifically for this site to start up on the classes in SWTOR, explaining them a bit and how their similiar. Then I will write an article about it to post on a blog and then link it back to my site for further information.

That a solid plan or?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Guest posting on blogs is a great way to build traffic. your plan, although very general sounds decent. I generally recommend 10-15 articles on your site before you start promoting, then get out and start building links to each article.

Another thing is to use Traffic Travis, and look at the competition Tab under SEO, use the AVG Backlinks to find out the average number of backlinks that you need for each keyword, and focus on one page at a time for building links. The more focused you are, the faster your results will be.

Generally, I recommend starting your backlinking with money pages first. this would be high crisis keywords and product reviews. these pages will be the highest converting pages that you have, so focus on getting links to them first.Then do the rest of your articles.

With SEO traffic, I often find that sites with less than 40 articles are not ranking as well. Since the Panda update last year, they are looking for more authority sites to rank highly, so you need a lot of content. However, through engaging your niche on blogs and social media, you can get a lot of traffic while you wait for search engines to trust your new site.

It can take a while to learn how to build your first site. Some people pick it up quickly, but many people struggle through. However, once the first few are done, you will find that it becomes easier. I just spent 2 days setting up a new site, and most of that time was actually spent setting up my sales funnel, because it is a membership type site, not an affiliate site. A site like this would have taken me a month or more to do when I first started, but now I can do it in a couple of days.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

jpdmg
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:Another thing is to use Traffic Travis, and look at the competition Tab under SEO, use the AVG Backlinks to find out the average number of backlinks that you need for each keyword, and focus on one page at a time for building links. The more focused you are, the faster your results will be.

Call me a bit silly, but I've not heard of that one before to be honest, does that mean I need to create the backlinks with my keyword as anchor text then? Otherwise care to explain that a bit?

Also, I've chosen to promote the game itself on the website in the new content I am making. Therefore I might be able to rake in some extra cash if I get people interested in playing SWTOR itself : D . Although that's not my main focus, since I just thought of that when I was making the content to make a little link in there to perhaps make some extra sales.

Although I had the website itself running in a day, exactly how I wanted, the content I find the hardest part. That's slowing me down quite a bit, but I've started to team up with a friend. So he'll write articles for me, and I'll hand him cash when I can for it. So that should speed things up : D .
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi jpdmg,

Call me a bit silly, but I've not heard of that one before to be honest, does that mean I need to create the backlinks with my keyword as anchor text then? Otherwise care to explain that a bit?

Yes, to gain relevance and eventually rank for your target keywords, you need to use your target keywords as anchor text and refer/link back to the related page on your site.

Although I had the website itself running in a day, exactly how I wanted, the content I find the hardest part. That's slowing me down quite a bit, but I've started to team up with a friend. So he'll write articles for me, and I'll hand him cash when I can for it. So that should speed things up

That's a pretty good agreement. Getting content out on your site is one of the more difficult tasks in putting up a site. Try looking at other sites in the same niche to get inspiration or you can read printed materials on the subject and write your own opinion or take on the subject.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Jan 20, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.