Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Help - Testing/Rolling Out Affiliate Offers - best way

tleous
Trust:

Help - Testing/Rolling Out Affiliate Offers - best way

Hi -
New to the affiliate marketing game, but been reading lots of good info here and elsewhere.
Wondering if I can get some help on my question of quick testing affiliate offers. I have 3 questions, below.

First, I understand driving PPC traffic to a content-based site & specific landing page, keyword relevant to my PPC ad and the affiliate offer is important...and the best way for building a long-term profitable business...not to mention the value of building an opt-in email list to leverage lifetime marketing opptys & customer value...staying in Google's good graces and away from Google slaps.

I've also been reading up on destination and display link masking or cloaking with tools like EditZone. Seems like the benefit is to keep competitors from knowing what you're promoting, but more importantly, appearing as a valid website link to Google, vs. as a pure affiliate link.
3). ==> (If this isn't accurate or someone can add more detail to help me get clear on it, the value and how to do it properly, that';d be great).

To my main question - what's the best way to test affiliate offers before investing the time to build content pages/landing pages, etc.

1), ==> Is direct linking still a valid technique and possible on the Big 3 search engines?....and if so, what is the best way to do this without risking Google's wrath, or worse a potential ban.

2). ==> Also, what about doing direct link testing of affiliate offers on Tier2 PPC engines like 7Search, ABC Search, etc. Is it even worth it regardless of cheap clicks? If so, what best practices does anyone have on avoiding/cleaning up click fraud there, to help enhance odds of successful tests there.

3). ==> I've also been reading up on destination and display link masking or cloaking with tools like EditZone. Seems like the benefit is to keep competitors from knowing what you're promoting, but more importantly, appearing as a valid website link to Google, vs. as a pure affiliate link.
(If this isn't accurate or someone can add more detail to help me get clear on it, the value and how to do it properly, that';d be great).

Thanks much for any help.

Best,
Tom

This topic was started on Mar 04, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.