Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Hello from Southern California

10000month
Trust:

Hello from Southern California

Hi everybody,

My name is Randy Kao. I live in Monterey Park, which is a city not very far from Los Angeles CA, USA.

I joined Affilorama in April of 2009. Before I had a chance to introduce myself in the Affilorama forum, I became tempted to try other courses online. So I left Affilorama and even though I did come back a few times to study certain lessons, I focused most of my energy on the other courses. While I was away from Affilorama, I was involved in the money-making niche, which, as I later discovered, is so saturated and competitive that it would take ages for an average guy like me to rank high in the search engine and start making money. I then quit that and went into micro niches putting out Adsense ads. Unfortunately, with the Google Mayday that occurred, many adsense marketers' search engine rankings plummeted significantly. That left me extremely discouraged and hopeless.

Then one night, while I was taking a leisurely stroll around 2 am near my apartment doing a thorough introspection as to what I have done wrong that caused me to be so hopeless and pessimistic, it suddenly dawned on me that there is still Affilorama providing me with hope by waiting for me to return. It made me realize that there is no short cut to success in internet marketing, especially with the ever-increasing competition among internet marketers and Google's strict rules and it's constant change of algorithm. I will hold off on being involved in the money niche.

I am glad to be back in Affilorama. I feel that this is one of the last few genuine places to be. There is so much high quality, legitimate information that one can immediately put to use to build a solid source of income.

I am glad to be a member of Affilorama and I look forward to chatting and discussing topics in the forum.

Sincerely,
Randy
Last edited by 10000month on 03 Jul 10 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Hey Randy, welcome to Affilorama.

Getting search engine traffic can be difficult if you go after the obvious words like "weight loss" or "make money online" but that doesn't mean that those niches are too competitive. You just need to search for other words that other people have overlooked like "how to lose 5 pounds a week" or "article marketing resource box" (just examples, I don't know if these are good keywords).

Affilorama has a lot of extremely useful information if you want to get into affiliate marketing. A lot of the people here are very helpful too.

Welcome back :)

-Clayton
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

10000month
Trust:
Hi Clayton,

Thank you for the warm greeting and the sound advice. I've checked out your website and I just think it's awesome! Even though you are not making a lot of money yet, you are learning to implement the skills taught in this course to promote your website. By doing this, you are laying the foundation for creating wealth in the future. It's nice getting to know you online and I wish you the best.

Randy
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
hi Randy welcome back.

The im niche is a tough one to crack, unless you know what you are doing, or you screw up and accidentally do it without really trying to....

Glad to see you back here. Ask for help if you need it. best advice, set your goals, develop or find a plan that fits your goals, and dont let anything distact you until you see it through. that is where 90% of marketers fail, and the ones that succeed always have.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

10000month
Trust:
HI James,

Thank you for your thoughtful advice. My problem has always been lack of focus. If I keep up with this bad habit of mine, I know I will never get anywhere. So the best thing is to develop the habit of being focused. I have been so overwhelmed with the ferocious competitiveness in the realm of internet marketing to the point that I simply cannot afford to be distracted.

By the way, I am really amazed at how fast you have progressed since you joined Affilorama not long ago! I noticed this by looking at your websites and the kinds of products you are promoting and the kinds of service you are offering. Keep up with the good work.

Anyway, thank you again for the advice.

Randy
digiblue
Trust:
Welcome back Randy!

You may find this thread on the forum useful in regards to staying focused and putting your blinders on when it comes to anything that will distract you from your goal:

affiliate-hangout/lessons-i-have-learned-from-my-failures-t7277.html

All the best!
10000month
Trust:
Hi Alex,

What an enlightening and inspirational post that you've directed me to!!!

What I have learned from Chrisi's post has further confirmed what I recently learned from James Pruitt that lack of focus is the main reason why 90% of the marketers fail in their attempts to become successful.

I can really empathize with Chrisi because I have gone through what she went through before.

I am now doing internet marketing from a clean slate psychologically using the useful knowledge that I have already gained in the past so that I can focus exclusively on the techniques laid out in Affilorama.

Thanks a million for your help!

Randy

This topic was started on Jun 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.